Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    17 dead, many more wounded. Awful stories from students. This is the 12th school shooting of 2018.
    it's not. Not in the sense of what we actually consider "school shooting"

The stat that is coming from Bloomberg's Everytown for Gun Safety is 18 so far this year. https://everytownresearch.org/school-shootings/#5890

8 of those instances didn't involve injuries or fatalities. of the remaining 10, they list 2 as attempted or completed suicide with no intent to injure other person.

Of the remaining 8, one is listed as gun fired unintentionally

of the remaining 7, where a gun was fired to harm others, at least one of the incidents was a single shot fired following an early morning fight at Wake Forest. One shooting happened outside a Louisiana high school resulting in a 14 year old receiving a superficial wound, and another resulted in a 15 year old girl being wounded by a 16 year old boy.

I get that they want to inflate the numbers, but suicides, accidental discharges, and shootings without injury, or with only superficial wounds are considered on par with Douglas high or Newtown, know there is an agenda at play. It's like where they count a mass shooting where 4 or more people are hit during a shooting, thus Chicago gives at least one mass shooting every weekend.

Comment

• Oh, you're against agendas at play? Go on.....

Comment

• part of me wants to ban all assault weapons but this article from 5 years ago brought up some good points.

certainly the church shooter vegas shooter and now this murderer wouldn't have extracted the same carnage

but we lose 200,000 a year to the flu, motor vehicle accidents and narcotics. how many do we lose to assault weapons?
        Last edited by crashcourse; February 15, 2018, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• I get your point, Kapture .......

I got all worked up after Las Vegas about guns in the hands of what amounts to mentally deranged individuals who act on either perceived wrongs they've suffered or just enjoy shooting people for the fun of it along with the notoriety they achieve.

The usual reaction, and I was among that group for a moment, is get rid of guns. But I'm not a gun control advocate as that term is widely applied and never have been. The reality is that there are a ton of underlying problems that are behind these crimes that remain unaddressed.

I'm not going down that road ..... again ..... it's been discussed here before. I will say that how mental illness is identified and dealt with in the US, how problems and potential solutions are discussed, tends to be hampered by unrestrained support for all manner of civil liberties.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• watching Olympic ice dancing to disturbed's sound of silence was worth 4 minutes of my life last night

Comment

• You're not fooling anyone. We know you watched Frozen again.

Comment

• heh
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  .... it's been discussed here before. I will say that how mental illness is identified and dealt with in the US, how problems and potential solutions are discussed, tends to be hampered by unrestrained support for all manner of civil liberties.
                  And part of it is people don't get involved, ie squeal. Saw an interview with one of the students attending the HS where yesterday's shooting took place. The student stated that the shooter would (prior to expulsion for non-firearm related issues) bring guns to school and show them off to certain students. That he would brag how he could take any issue into his own hands and make the world fear him. Constantly spouting off extremist (whatever that is) views. How students' had informally labelled him as "Most Likely To Go On A Murderous Rampage". I also saw a series of pictures of the shooter posted to his social media acct (don't remember which one) showing him masked, masked with a handgun (he's under 21), and masked with a MAGA hat.

Lots of first hand and self directed warning signs, yet no one steps forward?
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Our wonderful FBI were made aware of him in September of 2017 by a post he made on a youtube video, about him becoming a professional school shooter.

Comment

• And they notified the school officials. Looks like nothing was done from that point on.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Well, at least one person had the backbone to step forward - a granny.

One day before a Florida school shooting left 17 dead and over a dozen injured, police in Washington state foiled what they said could've been another massacre.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                            And they notified the school officials. Looks like nothing was done from that point on.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2018...l&utm_medium=3
                            Robert Lasky, the special agent in charge of the FBI's Miami office, said he warned Florida officials about the comment made in September by a user with the name Nikolas Cruz.

Im not sure what that means, Florida officials. Who did he report it to?

Comment

• I am willing to bet that 4chan could have dug into that youtube post and in 15 hours had his address, phone number, photos, and his school info. The fuck is our FBI doing?

Comment

• Whats 4chan (seriously)?

Comment

Working...
                                X