No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right. Ideally I'd like to see the protests continue to go unpunished. But I'm fine with this compromise. The players aren't being forced to participate and the NFL technically isn't being obligated to be a platform for their political protests either.

But Trump clearly seems unhappy with the compromise
    Sure. Ideally political words and actions wouldn't affect your private employment. That's obviously not the way it works for some employers. However, it's still pretty much the way it works with the NFL. Those players can still use their voices. They can still use their writing skills (lol). They can even come out with gloves on their hands to support the "hands up don't shoot" position -- an entirely fabricated #GentryProg set of "facts." They have ample opportunity to express their views without fear of losing their job. As LBJ said (to paraphrase) "my voice is stronger than my knee."

The NFL players are fortunate in that regard. Not all employees are as free to voice opinions.

As for PDJT -- whatever. Pence surely thought it was #winning. Hell, the NYT agreed.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Like I said congrats, you and Kapture are right on top of it in regards to the war against the #Gentryprogs.

Comment

• National Review: Of No Party Nor Clique.

SMOKING HOT!

Comment

• From the same interview where PDJT is supposedly "unhappy" with NFL:

You know, that's something ideally could have been taken care of when it first started, it would have been a lot easier, but if they did that, they did the right thing.
          And the quote in question:

I think that's good. I don't think people should be staying in the locker rooms, but still I think it's good. You have to stand proudly for the national anthem. Or you shouldn't be playing, you shouldn't be there. Maybe you shouldn't be in the country.
          It seems like PDJT thinks the policy is good and that the NFL did the right thing.

SO, to take a look at DSL's quote (not sure where he got it from) with omitted language in bold:

"I think that's good. I don't think people should be staying in locker rooms, but still I think it's good. You have to stand proudly for the national anthem or you shouldn't be playing. You shouldn't be there. Maybe you shouldn't be in the country."
          So....

But Trump clearly seems unhappy with the compromise
          LOL. No. Just no.
          Last edited by iam416; May 24, 2018, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Kung Pao beef or General Tso's Chicken.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Kung Pao beef or General Tso's Chicken.
              I will not participate in your cultural appropriation poll, AA. I've already raised ire of Froot once today by merely mentioning Kevin Williamson. I fear such blatant cultural appropriation will unleash hell.

Prepare yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                From the same interview where PDJT is supposedly "unhappy" with NFL:

And the quote in question:

It seems like PDJT thinks the policy is good and that the NFL did the right thing.

SO, to take a look at DSL's quote (not sure where he got it from) with omitted language in bold:
                You can't see tweets at work, right? I posted one right below the quote. I got it from the goddamn Washington Examiner. I should have known that piece of shit conservative rag wasn't worth a fuckity fuck.

Comment

• You can't see tweets at work, right? I posted one right below the quote. I got it from the goddamn Washington Examiner. I should have known that piece of shit conservative rag wasn't worth a fuckity fuck.
                  Correct re tweets. I knew you got it from somewhere (you're many things, but contrary to assertions by others (maybe just singular there), you're not one to willfully misrepresent). The Washington Examiner makes sense. Heh.

Now, STFU and answer AA's questioN!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    I will not participate in your cultural appropriation poll, AA. I've already raised ire of Froot once today by merely mentioning Kevin Williamson. I fear such blatant cultural appropriation will unleash hell.

Prepare yourself.
                    Snarky sarcasm is the tool of the GentryProg. So much shame have you.

Comment

• Wait, are you saying I'm appropriating #GentryProg culture? Dear god. What have I become.

Comment

• I stand with General Tso and his heroic feats during the First Sino-Japanese War

Comment

• I believe you're mistaken. General Tso shamefully lost Shiloh and, thus, the Western Theater. But, his chicken is damn good. And his grandson played for Sewanee.

Comment

• dumbasses
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• haha
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X