No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democratic donor Tom Steyer and lawyer and activist Ron Fein explain why the Senate needs to halt its efforts to confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

Comment

• this is all from a week or two, over one singular issue that has... LITERALLY NOTHING... to do with Mueller and the Russia investigation, all alleging that Trump is personally under investigation, and that the president shouldn't be allowed to fulfill his constitutional duty until Mueller finishes up his investigation INTO TRUMP. And this isn't close to all of them.

But sure, "Trump's egocentric preoccupation with the notion that Mueller wants to find evidence of collusion and that collusion resulted in Trump beating HRC in the 2016 presidential is counter productive."

I mean god forbid he defend himself from this type of shit.

Comment

• Trump has only himself to blame. He'll blame everyone else and guys Kapture will lap it up just like yesterday's scripted correction. This on going fire is due to Trump, like at every turn he provides the fuel. Nobody told him to get in tight with Russian mobsters. The Washington Post didn't fire James Comey. CNN didn't hire Michael Flynn. The NY Times didn't dictate the lie about the Trump Tower meeting. These fellows continue to tell giant whoppers, they are the problem not the media.

Trump wanted the presidency, this is what comes from it. Toughen up snowflake. The Whitewater investigation lasted 8 years and you would be hard pressed to explain what the case without consulting google. Benghazi had numerous investigations, it lasted nearly 4 years.

Mueller hasn't said shit, he is not the problem. Ken Starr held partisan press conference bullshit sessions. Trump's guilty conscience keeps Mueller in the news, it is a witch hunt that is very effective catching witches. Like Brent Musberger famously said, "Deal with it."

Comment

• Ooooh, Tom Steyer and Ron Fein produce an OpEd. Grow a thicker skin like the turtle.

Comment

• I don't think what comes with the presidency is the opposition party attempting to overthrow a democratically elected president, an investigation that started based on Russian propaganda paid for by the opposition, and an intelligence community controlled, politicized and weaponized by the opposition to spy on his campaign before there was ever an open investigation.

I mean yeah I'm partisan. but that is not what comes with the presidency. I have clearly demonstrated that the media have non stop talked about Trump's guilt in colluding with Russia. Trump brings it up a tenth of the time and all of a sudden it's Trump's guilty conscience keeps Mueller in the news. retard.

Comment

• NYTimes, CBS, NBC, ABC, WAPO, NPR, Washington Times, Washington Examiner, Politico. and on and on and on and on.

I already proved the point dumbfuk.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                Hack,
                you seem to have some knowledge about Economics. We use metrics like GDP, unemployment rate, the Dow Jones, etc to gauge the state of the economy. Are these the accurate measures to determine the state of the economy on Main Street? Or should we use other metrics like real wages, purchasing power, etc?
                Well, IMO, you can have economic growth without broad-based benefits or an increase in real economic activity, and having a job isn't the same as having financial sustainability. So, yeah. Those basic headline numbers aren't really the thing. At the investment banks they're looking at more detailed things like durable-goods spending, real wage growth, year-on-year Xmas sales, etc. as a measure of disposable income. The numbers we talk about are definitely tips of icebergs, and don't do the best job indicating the trends.

Comment

• Sarah Sanders acknowledged today that Trump discussed with Putin the possibility of Russian police being given access to Bill Browder and former US ambassador Michael McFaul for interrogation over suspected crimes. Wow. Said there's nothing to announce but admits it was a topic discussed.

Perhaps in response the State Dept says Russia's allegations against McFaul and Browder are absolutely absurd.
                  Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; July 18, 2018, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Just. Fucking. Insane.

Comment

• Kap ...... all of your posts that you just flooded this thread with purport events the media has conjured up. They are stories that grab headlines; they feed gossip and innuendo. I would not doubt that the opposition party plays a part in this and feeds it because it tends to cast a dark shadow over the Rs, DJT by name and his administration. The opposition loves that. I agree with you here.

OTH, you have asserted on numerous occasions that the Special Counsel (or the deep state) is behind attempts to discredit DJT and provide grounds for impeachment. The conspiracy stuff that Trumpsters are rolling out in defense of their man. Nonsense.

My post that then produced your torrent of posts siting various media produced stories that have little to nothing to do with the Mueller investigation or the indictments his team has already filed from which we have some idea of what he is doing. That is carrying out his duties under the appointment letter from Rosenstein that I linked to. Mueller is not trying to nail Trump by giving factual evidence that he colluded with the Russians to insure his election to the US presidency. He is, in fact, investigating "any links/and or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald J. Trump." An extremely important undertaking affecting our national security having little to do with the person of Donald J. Trump, who, of course, and consistent with his deficient character, thinks it's all about him. He's a mere bystander and if he'd treat this investigation like he was just that, he'd be way better off than he is right now.

You guys are as bad as Trump with your constant deflection when the facts are presented to you. Mueller and the Special Counsel he presides over are not the enemy here. The investigation is legit and more and more, every day, as indictments are released it is proving to be a worthwhile endeavor that may help this nation withstand further interference in our elections and destabilizing undertakings by our enemies. Members of Congress, among others in the Federal government, with intimate knowledge of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential elections have made their case to Trump yet at every turn, he deflects asserting there is no collusion and calling Mueller the head of a witch hunt while attempting to exonerate Putin and the Russians. Well, it appears he just got caught with is pants down in Helsinki by reasonable men who called him out.

The media frenzy and the cockamamy stories they have constructed to grab headlines and readership could be considered as such and I've agreed with you that's a problem for Trump. But as Froot pointed out, that's been a problem for the past 4 administrations and none of those administrations created the mess Trump has created for himself during his administration by taking the media bait. His egocentric personality which is a serious character flaw, his penchant for self aggrandizement and a view that he is never wrong are his problems and they have contributed mightily, along with media stories that maybe unfairly discredit him, to how he is currently viewed.

He's brought upon himself by his reactions to the standard media feeding frenzy over every step or mis-step a US President takes circumstances within which he has severely compromised his ability to act in America's best interests. That hasn't happened since Nixon was forced to face the truth of his own dishonesty and misdeeds while in office. Both Bush's survived, Clinton survived, Obama survived. It remains to be seen if Trump survives but my Magic Eight Ball tells me, it's doubtful.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Lots of good additional information on Maria Butina,accused of acting as an illegal foreign agent on behalf of Russia. The guy she is believed to have been trading sex for assistance in infiltrating US interest groups in Paul Erickson, a longtime GOP startegist who worked on Pat Buchanan's presidential campaigns and is affiliated with the NRA. According to the latest filing, her student visa was a complete fraud and a way to keep her in the country. Erickson was the one actually writing many of her assignments and papers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Lots of good additional information on Maria Butina,accused of acting as an illegal foreign agent on behalf of Russia. The guy she is believed to have been trading sex for assistance in infiltrating US interest groups in Paul Erickson, a longtime GOP startegist who worked on Pat Buchanan's presidential campaigns and is affiliated with the NRA. According to the latest filing, her student visa was a complete fraud and a way to keep her in the country. Erickson was the one actually writing many of her assignments and papers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.052b691277fb
                          OMG SHE WAS IN THE OVAL OFFICE

fake fucking news that was.

I truly believe these "journalists" wake up every day thinking today is the day the bombshell will hit that will be the end of Trump. So caught up in get Trump that they falsely report this shit

Comment

• Didn't mention the bizarre fear that Tucker Carlson and Trump expressed that Montenegro will 'drag' us into a war with Russia. Trump declared them 'very aggressive people'.

Some quick background:

In late 2016, Russian Intelligence agents attempted to assassinate the PM of Montenegro and stage a coup. It was foiled. In early 2017, Montenegro was admitted to NATO under the recommendation of none other than Mike Flynn! It was one of the few things Flynn did while in office. The Senate voted 97-2 to admit them. Trump himself signed the order welcoming Montenegro to NATO.

They literally have an standing army of less than 2,000 people.

Gee, I wonder who Trump met with recently that may have whispered to him that they were quite a warlike people, capable of provoking Russian into having no choice but to attack?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

OMG SHE WAS IN THE OVAL OFFICE

fake fucking news that was.

I truly believe these "journalists" wake up every day thinking today is the day the bombshell will hit that will be the end of Trump. So caught up in get Trump that they falsely report this shit
                              Within an hour of posting the photo I said it was likely wrong and corrected myself. The photo was wrong; the facts that she was an undeclared agent of Russia attempting to influence US policy seems pretty strong. They have emails of her and the 56 year old dude she was fucking where he literally did her homework so she could keep her student visa and remain in the country. They have emails of her taking instruction from her boss in Russia, a longtime ally of Putin.

It's all fake tho. There are no Russians attempting to meddle. I forgot. All fake news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                Kap ...... all of your posts that you just flooded this thread with purport events the media has conjured up. They are stories that grab headlines; they feed gossip and innuendo. I would not doubt that the opposition party plays a part in this and feeds it because it tends to cast a dark shadow over the Rs, DJT by name and his administration. The opposition loves that. I agree with you here.

OTH, you have asserted on numerous occasions that the Special Counsel (or the deep state) is behind attempts to discredit DJT and provide grounds for impeachment. The conspiracy stuff that Trumpsters are rolling out in defense of their man. Nonsense.

My post that then produced your torrent of posts siting various media produced stories that have little to nothing to do with the Mueller investigation or the indictments his team has already filed from which we have some idea of what he is doing. That is carrying out his duties under the appointment letter from Rosenstein that I linked to. Mueller is not trying to nail Trump by giving factual evidence that he colluded with the Russians to insure his election to the US presidency. He is, in fact, investigating "any links/and or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald J. Trump." An extremely important undertaking affecting our national security having little to do with the person of Donald J. Trump, who, of course, and consistent with his deficient character, thinks it's all about him. He's a mere bystander and if he'd treat this investigation like he was just that, he'd be way better off than he is right now.

You guys are as bad as Trump with your constant deflection when the facts are presented to you. Mueller and the Special Counsel he presides over are not the enemy here. The investigation is legit and more and more, every day, as indictments are released it is proving to be a worthwhile endeavor that may help this nation withstand further interference in our elections and destabilizing undertakings by our enemies. Members of Congress, among others in the Federal government, with intimate knowledge of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential elections have made their case to Trump yet at every turn, he deflects asserting there is no collusion and calling Mueller the head of a witch hunt while attempting to exonerate Putin and the Russians. Well, it appears he just got caught with is pants down in Helsinki by reasonable men who called him out.

The media frenzy and the cockamamy stories they have constructed to grab headlines and readership could be considered as such and I've agreed with you that's a problem for Trump. But as Froot pointed out, that's been a problem for the past 4 administrations and none of those administrations created the mess Trump has created for himself during his administration by taking the media bait. His egocentric personality which is a serious character flaw, his penchant for self aggrandizement and a view that he is never wrong are his problems and they have contributed mightily, along with media stories that maybe unfairly discredit him, to how he is currently viewed.

He's brought upon himself by his reactions to the standard media feeding frenzy over every step or mis-step a US President takes circumstances within which he has severely compromised his ability to act in America's best interests. That hasn't happened since Nixon was forced to face the truth of his own dishonesty and misdeeds while in office. Both Bush's survived, Clinton survived, Obama survived. It remains to be seen if Trump survives but my Magic Eight Ball tells me, it's doubtful.
                                I disagree that the last 4 presidents had this. Perhaps Bush with the "selected, not elected" crap. And no I don't count the 0bama birther conspiracy here because every news outlet was coming up with new and clever ways to lick 0bama's ass, rather than taking that conspiracy and running with it for now a year and a half.

I am not arguing that investigating Russia meddling is an issue, investigate away. I am not arguing that there should be no investigation, although I find it odd that half the indictments have nothing to do with Russia. The problem I have is when elected officials on the other side claim that Trump can not fulfill his constitutional duties, such as the decision to hire and fire those that work for him, or appoint a nominee to the Supreme Court while he is personally under investigation when in fact he is not. I am simply arguing that you can not say with a straight face that nobody but Trump and his supporters think he's under investigation when I can show you tens of thousands of articles over the last year and a half where the leftist media is claiming just that. The get Trump media is well over the top of anything I have seen in my lifetime, on either side. It has never been this furious, this inaccurate, this deranged, this unrelenting. over nothing.

and if you want to go back, the leftist media was dead set on destroying any chance Trump had to win loooooooong before he took the oath of office. That's not to say Trump hasn't stuck his foot in his mouth plenty of times, he clearly has. but the media coverage isn't a two way street in American politics. which is why no one trusts the media anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X