Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84132358_10221670073198340_8514064402738053120_n.jpg
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think Kansas City is a twin Kansas City deal. One is in Kansas, and the other is in Missouri. I think the Chiefs play on the Missouri side.

I could be wrong ....
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Nahh. I think that he is legitimately in it. But getting in so late was kind of stupid.

I'd consider voting for him if he was promoting sensible policies, but instead he is vehemently distancing himself from moderation and common sense.

Comment

• I thought Kansas City was in the State of Kansas, too. One of those weird cities in two states. I guess by the guffawing that it isn't.

Interesting.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think the Chiefs play on the Missouri side.
            They do. Interestingly, Sporting Kansas City, the soccer team, plays on the Kansas side. So, I guess you have to congratulate the State of Kansas, not Missouri, if that teams wins the MLS cup.

In any event, it's pettifoggery, and to no one's surprise, the pettifogs were dancing.

Comment

• "The Chiefs play in Kansas...maybe Missouri...one of them shithole flyover states" -- Shockingly ignorant and out-of-touch coastal elite

Comment

• As I noted, it's pettifoggery. To a tee. It's almost like someone being a bitch because someone said Miami plays in Miami when, in reality, they play in Miami Gardens.

Proper tweet would have been to congratulate both States as KC metro is both states.

But, Ds gonna D.

Comment

• Uh huh.

I'll be sure to congratulate the great commonwealth of Kentucky, and not Ohio, should Cincinnati ever win a championship in any sport in my lifetime. "Well the metro area spills into both states so I'm absolutely correct to do so" will be my argument.

Although I'll be damned if New Jersey gets credit for anything the NY Giants do (they are welcome to the Jets)

Comment

• I'll be sure to congratulate the great commonwealth of Kentucky should Cincinnati ever win a championship in any sport in my lifetime
                    Is there any Cincinnati, Kentucky? Or do they call it Convington? I mean, are you denying that there is a Kansas City, Kansas? Really? LOL. Didn't think you were that far off the deep end.

I'll repeat: Sporting Kansas City, the soccer team, plays on the Kansas side. So, I guess you have to congratulate the State of Kansas, not Missouri, if that teams wins the MLS cup.

So, Kansas claims the KC MLS Team and Missouri claims the KC MLB/NFL teams. So we're all clear. But Kansas City, Kansas isn't real.

PETTIFOGGERY.

Comment

• PDJT has literally driven Ds to deny the existence of an entire city. Kansas City, Kansas, we hardly knew ye.

Comment

• In real news, Sanders is crushing every Iowa and NH poll and is within 5 of Biden in the most recent South Carolina poll. We are barreling toward our first ever Communist president.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Uh huh.
                          I'll be sure to congratulate the great commonwealth of Kentucky, and not Ohio, should Cincinnati ever win a championship in any sport in my lifetime. "Well the metro area spills into both states so I'm absolutely correct to do so" will be my argument.
                          Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Is there any Cincinnati, Kentucky? Or do they call it Convington? I mean, are you denying that there is a Kansas City, Kansas? Really? LOL. Didn't think you were that far off the deep end.
                          Geography speaking, Cincinnati is clearly and only Ohio. The Ohio River separates Cincinnati from Kentucky.
                          When it comes to sports fandom, there is a huge base of Cincinnati fans that live in Kentucky.
                          My first job out of college was in downtown Cincinnati, yet I lived in Newport, KY + could walk to my job in 15-20 minutes.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Geography speaking, Cincinnati is clearly and only Ohio. The Ohio River separates Cincinnati from Kentucky.
                            When it comes to sports fandom, there is a huge base of Cincinnati fans that live in Kentucky.
                            My first job out of college was in downtown Cincinnati, yet I lived in Newport, KY + could walk to my job in 15-20 minutes.
                            I'll never deny the full-on existence of Cincitucky. It's a horrible place.

Comment

• It's the start of something big. The Ds have their Maduro and they're going to nominate him. Incredibly.

Comment

• Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri aren't the same city, btw. They have separate governments. Kansas City, KS is a suburb that happens to have the same name.

There's literally no reason to congratulate Kansas, but not Missouri, for the Chiefs win unless 1) You don't know the bigger "real" Kansas City is in Missouri. or 2) You don't know the Chiefs play in Missouri. Congrats on Kansas City, KS scoring that MLS franchise though.

Not sure why Trump deleted his apparently perfectly correct tweet and replaced it with a Missouri one.

Comment

Working...
                                X