Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, he mad.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Most of the staff don't want to be fired and then tied up in court with a NDA suit. But now he's threatening treason for the dissent. Once Guilliani is AG, I hear his first move will be to bring back the stockade and the rack for those treason-doers.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        Kapture,

You can blow some off as delusion but not all. Trump was suggesting that the Woodward book's release (and Trump liked Woodward before this) was a conspiracy to upend the BK hearings even though the book's release was planned well before the hearings were scheduled.

I don't think Trump is Hitler. I don't find him particularly stable, though. And instability is dangerous in that office even if he has done some things I support.
        Impeachment and the 25th Amendment are functions of the US Constitution. Elections are a function of the US Constitution. Resigning and speaking to a Congressional Hearing is a function of the US Constitution. Administration officials that are hired to serve the President's lawful orders secretly undermining the will of the President isn't, it is a coup and a serious crisis to our Constitution.

Because they 'think' the President is a danger to this country. Because they 'imagine' the President is a dictator, or mentally unfit although they lack the medical degrees to make that determination.
        That is in THEIR head.
        Last edited by Kapture1; September 5, 2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• You may be right, GJ. It's starting to feel like these are big, staggering blows. My guess is that if the midterms go as expected the GOP will reason that if he can't deliver votes they can suddenly place themselves on the right side of history when the house impeaches.
          Last edited by hack; September 5, 2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Kapture,

I think he is childish, throws tantrums, has a hard time with the truth and reality, loses his mind with criticism and is in a downward spiral toward instability. Whether all of that is enough for the 25th depends on the Cabinet.

This reminds me of the movie "Crimson Tide" (great movie; great name). The XO (Denzel) refused to comply with the orders of the captain (Hackman) to launch nukes because he believed them wrong. Denzel was right. He risked court martial. Denzel then retired and became The Equalizer. Imagine if instead of Denzel, the XO had been Wesley Snipes. Along with not paying any taxes on his paycheck from starring in the movie, you know, YOU JUST KNOW, Snipes would have sent those nukes by hitting the launch button with his Blade Trinity katana.

Okay, who can guess if I am in the bourbon tonight? Anyone? Bueller? Mueller?

Comment

• There has to be something else before any impeachment talk. It isn't the House to worry about, it would be the Senate, you need 20 defectors

Comment

• One thing the Trump presidency has taught me: I never knew how easy it was for one of dozens of Federal judges to overturn an executive order by the president. Even when that executive order was just overturning or changing his predecessor's executive order. I mean most of these judges don't even give a coherent reason why they're overturning it. Just a "Nah." and "move along."

Comment

• Don't be to afraid Fruit Loops , its going to be OK, I promise. The 'White Power Crowd' - or whatever you and hack call them are very limited in --- wait oh no - another signal! What is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                    Don't be to afraid Fruit Loops , its going to be OK, I promise. The 'White Power Crowd' - or whatever you and hack call them are very limited in --- wait oh no - another signal! What is it?

Nice post, hack.

Comment

Kapture,

I think he is childish, throws tantrums, has a hard time with the truth and reality, loses his mind with criticism and is in a downward spiral toward instability. Whether all of that is enough for the 25th depends on the Cabinet.

This reminds me of the movie "Crimson Tide" (great movie; great name). The XO (Denzel) refused to comply with the orders of the captain (Hackman) to launch nukes because he believed them wrong. Denzel was right. He risked court martial. Denzel then retired and became The Equalizer. Imagine if instead of Denzel, the XO had been Wesley Snipes. Along with not paying any taxes on his paycheck from starring in the movie, you know, YOU JUST KNOW, Snipes would have sent those nukes by hitting the launch button with his Blade Trinity katana.

Okay, who can guess if I am in the bourbon tonight? Anyone? Bueller? Mueller?
                      I'm not going to re-litigate the 2016 election all over, but If you think stretching the truth is new you have never really paid attention to any president or administration.

The writer said Trump has done things that have made this country safer and more prosperous. What's left? Mean tweets? His style?

Point is I have an opinion of the president, you have yours. Because you think you are right doesn't make you right. me either. However, this official thinks like you do, has a particular opinion of the president and is actively working to subvert the will of 62,979,879 Americans. Because of a subjective view, which is worth no more than your or my opinion.

If you are not troubled by this, I would invite you to examine whether or not there is confirmation bias occurring.

Comment

• Them is you wingdog

Comment

• Hey bro just looking out for you and k-stat

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

I'm not going to re-litigate the 2016 election all over, but If you think stretching the truth is new you have never really paid attention to any president or administration.

The writer said Trump has done things that have made this country safer and more prosperous. What's left? Mean tweets? His style?

Point is I have an opinion of the president, you have yours. Because you think you are right doesn't make you right. me either. However, this official thinks like you do, has a particular opinion of the president and is actively working to subvert the will of 62,979,879 Americans. Because of a subjective view, which is worth no more than your or my opinion.

If you are not troubled by this, I would invite you to examine whether or not there is confirmation bias occurring.

1) streching the truth! lmao.

2) like I said, there are things Trump has done that I support.

3) not sure what the 'you have an opinion, I have an opinion' thing is about. Yeah, and you are expressing yours and I am expressing mine. From the latter part of that paragraph, you seem to be suggesting that you now believe the OpEd is legit. It was my understanding that you thought it was fiction.

4) If I am not troubled by what? That a staffer wrote an anonymous dissent on some things or that he states that he and others remove things from the president's desk to keep him from signing? Something else?

5) finally, I am not suggesting that DJT has done somethong to be impeached over or that the 25th needs to be invoked. At least not yet. I am saying that as time marches on, in my opinion, DJT doesn't always appear ...stable. Whether this instability exacerbates and causes him more than some embarrassing gaffe remains to be seen. Until then, he is the duly elected president.

Comment

• Like I said before who gives a shit, it doesn't matter.

The newest rage is President Trump finding #deepstatethroat and having him/her arrested.

Comment

Nice post, hack.
                                Thanks, Kap. Dunno why you keep at it with AA, though. He's insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X