No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qSAd200fks8BqsaLPLcOHg8Wbx_5T4Mk4xInFjyltoE.png?width=527&auto=webp&s=88787f777759a6f1dd367b50aeacc5a6a76c8398.png

haha, the memes write themselves

Comment

• Fact checking

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump and his officials persist in promoting the discredited notion that terror suspects are pouring into the U.S. from Mexico by the thousands.

At the Center for Immigration Studies, which favors less immigration and stronger defenses against terrorist infiltration, analyst Todd Bensman said the Trump administration is losing credibility by exaggerating the threat from Mexico.

Bensman led homeland security intelligence efforts for nine years for the state government in Texas. He wrote

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I do appreciate Jon's commitment to the bit, its really good.

Comment

• See if I can do this on my phone. the hypocrisy is truly unbelievable.

Comment

• 49702416_2073778812690093_5668455450228555776_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=c55bae397f75c73b465fdfdaec5e5fcb&oe=5CD244A2.jpg

Comment

• 49431612_1051018011773148_846210090338877440_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=ee8a55175d02ad360cdb276336ef8749&oe=5CC374B6.jpg
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Terrifying Democrats too, even Whoopi...

There are a whole bunch of people in the Democratic party who have been busting their asses to make sure that women get what they need, people get what they need, children get what they need," "So you just got in there. I would encourage you to sit still for a minute and learn the job... because there are people in that party who have been working their tails off for this country, and they know a lot. And you could learn some stuff from them. And I just feel like you don't have to be born into it."

"You don't have to know it when you step out, but before you start pooping on people and what they've done, you got to do something too," Goldberg advised Ocasio-Cortez.

Comment

• geeze Whoopie is OBSESSED!!!

sorry, but you don't get to seek attention, then complain when you get it.

Comment

• The White House frequently claims that "4,000 terrorists" have been caught trying to sneak in the country in the past year alone

The CBP's own records say "mmmmm, it's more like 6. And those six are just people whose names popped up in our database...they might not have been actual terrorists."

Overall, 41 people on the Terrorist Screening Database were encountered at the southern border from Oct. 1, 2017 through March 31, 2018, but 35 of them were U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents. Six were classified as non-U.S. persons.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/07/cbp-...co-border.html

Comment

• even WAPO knows there's a crisis

A political stalemate over the presidents border wall plan makes small-bore immigration fixes more remote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        The White House frequently claims that "4,000 terrorists" have been caught trying to sneak in the country in the past year alone

The CBP's own records say "mmmmm, it's more like 6. And those six are just people whose names popped up in our database...they might not have been actual terrorists."

Overall, 41 people on the Terrorist Screening Database were encountered at the southern border from Oct. 1, 2017 through March 31, 2018, but 35 of them were U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents. Six were classified as non-U.S. persons.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/07/cbp-...co-border.html
                        What? Trump is full of shit?

The hell you say?
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• 2nd gay black man ends up dead in home of Democrat Mega-Donor Ed Buck in 18 months

Comment

• He's just gonna get crazier and crazier with the distractions. Mueller, just end it already.

Comment

• Spot on.
                              Julian Zelizer is a professor of history and public affairs at Princeton University, and author, with Kevin Kruse, of the new book "Fault Lines: A History of the United States Since 1974." The opinions expressed in this commentary are his own. View more opinion articles at CNN.

(CNN)President Trump is taking to the airwaves Tuesday to deliver a prime-time speech he has billed as, "On the Humanitarian and National Security Crisis on our Southern Border." In one of the most classic gambits of 20th century presidential history, the President will try to use the power of the bully pulpit to increase public pressure on Congress to give in to his demand to finance a "border wall."

The speech is the latest step in a massive mess President Trump has made of the federal budget in recent weeks. If it were possible to sue for presidential malpractice, this would be low-hanging fruit for the legal community.
                              Border wall would do nothing to stop terrorism. And there is no national emergency.
                              Border wall would do nothing to stop terrorism. And there is no national emergency.How will President Trump use this address?
                              A deal to end shutdown is within reach
                              A deal to end shutdown is within reach
                              Predictably, the President is turning to television to further polarize the electorate and to amplify the fault lines that exist in American society. He is trying to drum up fear about a national security crisis at the border and pressure Congress into paying for a wall, or at least a fence.
                              The speech is just the latest part of a partial government shutdown owned by Trump. Last December most members of Congress were in agreement over the basic numbers that were needed to keep the government running for a few more months. Democrats did not demand any major initiatives and most Republicans were happy to sign on so they could leave town. Few members in either party were interested in the political fallout that could come from shutting the government down.The speech will likely go down as one of the more striking misuses of presidential addresses that we have seen in recent times. Unless he changes his stance, he will be using his access to the airwaves to polarize, to divide, and to drum up tension rather than to achieve real consensus around real solutions.
                              We can expect the speech, in a nutshell, to epitomize the shortcomings and dangers of the Trump presidency. It should not be viewed as a message to guide the nation, but rather as one that brings us deeper into a political quagmire of the President's own making.

Comment

• (a)
                                In the event of a declaration of war or the declaration by the President of a national emergency in accordance with the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.) that requires use of the armed forces, the Secretary of Defense, without regard to any other provision of law, may undertake military construction projects, and may authorize the Secretaries of the military departments to undertake military construction projects, not otherwise authorized by law that are necessary to support such use of the armed forces. Such projects may be undertaken only within the total amount of funds that have been appropriated for military construction, including funds appropriated for family housing, that have not been obligated.
                                (b)
                                When a decision is made to undertake military construction projects authorized by this section, the Secretary of Defense shall notify, in an electronic medium pursuant to section 480 of this title, the appropriate committees of Congress of the decision and of the estimated cost of the construction projects, including the cost of any real estate action pertaining to those construction projects.
                                (c)
                                The authority described in subsection (a) shall terminate with respect to any war or national emergency at the end of the war or national emergency.
                                (Added 96 Stat. 157; amended 131 Stat. 1841.)

Comment

Working...
                                X