Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Forum's Amazon Link this Holiday Season

As you shop this holiday season, please remember to use the forum's Amazon.com link (listed in the menu as "Amazon Link") to add items to your cart and purchase them. The forum gets a small commission from every item sold.

Additionally, the forum gets a "bounty" for various offers at Amazon.com. For instance, if you sign up for a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime, the forum will earn $3. Same if you buy a Prime membership for someone else as a gift! Purchasing an Audible membership will earn the forum a few bucks. And creating an Amazon Business account will send a $15 commission our way.

If you have an Amazon Echo, you need a free trial of Amazon Music!! We will earn $3 and it's free to you!

Your personal information is completely private, I only get a list of items that were ordered/shipped via the link, no names or locations or anything. This does not cost you anything extra and it helps pays the operating costs of this forum which continue to go up as our commissions have gone down. Stay safe and well and thank you for your participation in the Forum and for your support!! --Deborah

Here is the link:
Click here to shop at Amazon.com
See more
See less

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    I searched for "bricks in Kenosha" on twitter and the same pic is used by almost everyone. And nearly every account sharing it said virtually the same thing.

Amazing that mysterious stacks of bricks have appeared "everywhere" in Kenosha, supposedly reported by hundreds of people, and no one took a picture or video that could identifiably be from today in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

We're doing this again? Any pile of bricks on pallets was clearly left by BLM & Antifa? I'm not wasting my time listening to 30 minutes of that audio so is there anything remotely compelling in it?

It's off to a good start using a picture that's clearly NOT current Kenosha. That or mid-November in Kenosha Wisconsin and the trees haven't even started to change yet. Convenient they don't have a single current photo they can use of these bricks that are "everywhere" around the city.

Yeah the picture is old that's why I didn't include it.

Audio is conversation between cop and dispatcher about "stacks of bricks". With lots of periods of silence and a lot of stuff that is really hard to understand because cops apparently haven't upgraded their audio technology since 1933.

Anywho. Glad that ain't where I live. And I pray that my town never attracts the attention of BLM and Antifa.
    Last edited by Hannibal; November 17, 2021, 07:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Democrats are doing their usual thing outside the Kenosha courthouse.

https://media.gab.com/system/media_a...cfac0a7f25.mp4

4961574e5d86dfb2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    Antifa and BLM are ready for an acquittal LOL

https://rumble.com/vpdzk5-leftists-a...wisconsin.html
    We're doing this again? Any pile of bricks on pallets was clearly left by BLM & Antifa? I'm not wasting my time listening to 30 minutes of that audio so is there anything remotely compelling in it?

It's off to a good start using a picture that's clearly NOT current Kenosha. That or mid-November in Kenosha Wisconsin and the trees haven't even started to change yet. Convenient they don't have a single current photo they can use of these bricks that are "everywhere" around the city.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Buchanan
    replied
    Look, in regards to the link I provided above that describes "autocracy.com" acting as a conglomerate to keep the worst autocrats in power and work towards diminishing democracy while promoting entirely self-serving nationalism (the worst kind) in a propagandistic way, I don't doubt for a second that organizations like Antifa and BLM have been infiltrated and are being directed by knowledgeable security forces of these autocratic tyrants. Their purpose is to destabilize the US, provoke citizen distain for core democratic principals and trust in US government at all levels, and foment dissent and division. It's working. Pay attention..

Putin has done exactly that in boarding eastern European states like Poland that is an EU member. He's precipitated an EU destabilizing immigrant crisis in Belarus that is intended to keep Luskashenco in power there and crush liberal democratic dissent in Eastern Europe and on Russia's boarder. His actions are a perfect example of the global strategy at work here of these autocratic and tyrannical state actors. This isn't a bunch of anarchists, or a smattering of social malcontents, although they are likely strap hangers. This is a full fledged global strategy to destabilize America. Think it can't happen here? Read the link.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 17, 2021, 06:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lineygoblue
    replied
    Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

If I'm reading the news right, so are the folks that live in that county.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied

Last edited by Hannibal; November 17, 2021, 05:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Buchanan
    replied
    Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    I could see acquittal on most serious charges and hung jury on lesser. It makes no sense because self defense is self defense— it works the same against lesser charge.
    I just found and read the written instructions to the jury. The most salient instruction is the definition of self defense as Talent notes above. The state has to prove the several elements in the Wisconsin law defined as self defense were not present. For example did the defendant reasonably believe that (the person he killed) posed an imminent threat of severe bodily injury or death to himself. If he didn't believe that then self defense cannot be offered as mitigating guilt. If the defendant was acting in accordance with the elements of self defense, the two most serious charges and the lesser charges associated with each of these is irrelevant.

There are other charges, all of them clearly defined in my mind with the instructions to the jury specifying what the state has to prove for a finding of guilty of each charge. I'm not sure a finding that Rittenhouse was acting in self defense clears him of those charges ..... whatever.

FFS, you've seen at least part of the trial itself; it's been talked about extensively here. It is beyond crazy to think that Rittenhouse did not act in self defense and that he believed the force he used - shooting the two mother-fuckers trying to kill him - was reasonable and necessary after he decided he could not escape the threat, like, being on his back and all with the two thugs stadning above and about to kill him. JFC.

I will be so pissed if its a hung jury and the judge lets that stand. The judge, it seems to me, has every reason to declare a mistrial, not my preferred action, or JMOL the thing and acquit.

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    I could see acquittal on most serious charges and hung jury on lesser. It makes no sense because self defense is self defense— it works the same against lesser charge.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    It’s gonna be a hung jury.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    I’m shocked that they are still deliberating.
    The speculation that it's one or two holdouts not wanting to acquit seems likely.

Leave a comment:

• AlabamAlum
    replied
    Seconded.

Leave a comment:

• THE_WIZARD_
    replied
    I'm shocked you haven't been put in a rest home...

Leave a comment:

• AlabamAlum
    replied
    I’m shocked that they are still deliberating. How did the motion to dismiss go?

Leave a comment:

• Kapture1
    replied
    Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
    little more then that

Pullitzer is or was a respected award that many people automatically accept as the truth when given in that fashion.

Essentially their backing and awarding of the story led creedence to the story
    who really cares about leftwingers jerking each other off?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X