Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
    Good golly, has it been THAT long? Its been a while since we've seen ol' Chromedome too.
    I'm working on getting that little pinhead back to A2 for a game. I may be able to entice him to an early season snoozefest if I promise to make him a couple really greasy cheeseburgers ... :-)
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Hoss:

Speaking of a piano dropping on UFM, the interwebs tells me that UNL is scheduled to visit Columbus to rain down fire and brimstone upon UFM's toddlers. You and Entropy should visit. I feel quite certain that you and Entropy would have a place to stay as instead of being mere "internet people" you're "the guys we tailgated with in Lincoln."

Speaking of which, do you remember Puterbac? The guy put me up for a UT-Florida game sight unseen. His wife referred to me as one of his "internet friends" -- a little pejorative, I'd say. Heh. Good people. I had to leave the game early to watch Craig Krenzel narrowly hold of Cincinnati en route to a national title. Fuck, that was 14 years ago.

Anywho, a bit sidetracked...as I was saying...

bugger off
      We'll have to see how his health plays out in coming months, but we will definitely have that discussion. Its been a while since I watched us get routed in person.

Fuckin' internet people...

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Thread integrity, Buchanan. You have responses to me from two separate posts in two separate threads. You're a goddamn moderator--ACT LIKE IT!

And, as I was saying to Hoss...

bugger off
        I just had to put the piano thing and "creepovers" into context. Sorry.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Don't let it happen again :-)
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• New developments in the Flint water crisis.

Michigan governor's aides urged switch away from Flint River: reports - Reuters
            Quality problems prompted two of Michigan Governor Rick Snyder's top lawyers to urge that Flint be moved back to the Detroit water system just months after a decision to draw water supply from the Flint River, according to emails released on Friday.

Snyder was informed about the water issue over a year before he claimed to have known. He then went on TV and lied to everyone's face. The smoking guns are coming out. They have several deaths on their hands from the Legionaries outbreak as well. They knew about all this shit and did nothing while children were poisoned and old people keeled over and died. This has moved well beyond incompetence and into sociopathic behavior.

Some of Gov. Snyder’s top advisors pushed to move Flint back to the Detroit water system because of quality problems
            Last edited by Mike; February 26, 2016, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• What a mess, I thought Snyder did a good working with the Detroit EM and the bankruptcy but this debacle is sinking his administration.

Comment

• good article Mike. The article says:

The city's journey away from Detroit and toward the Flint River as a drinking source started in 2013 when Flint made the decision to leave the Detroit water system and needed another source while it waited to join a new, regional water system, the Karegnondi Water Authority. Part of the desire to break from Detroit, some officials said, was annual rate increases that had worked out to about 21% a year from 1980 to 2003.

That year, the Flint City Council voted 7-1 to join the new authority, and Earley, the state-appointed emergency manager overseeing Flint at the time, signed an order to make it happen.

That decision prompted Detroit to exercise a 12-month termination clause in its contract with Flint. The city began searching for a new water source until the Karegnondi pipeline from Lake Huron was completed and turned to its longtime backup source, the Flint River.

Though there were further discussions about Flint staying on Detroit water until the new pipeline was completed, the parties couldn't reach an agreement.
                I've spent a lot of my life figuring present value of future flows of money. If your water bill in 1980 was $ 100.00 for the year (pretty low), then your yearly cost would have been $ 9,700.00 in 2003 if the calculations are as the freep says. I don't know, but this does seem rather high. I don't know what the average bill was in 1980, or in 2003.

What I do know as a fact is that I just finished a 7-inch diameter water well in CA. It is 600 feet deep, and would supply drinking water for a small city. Total cost was $ 52,000. A bill is in the US Senate to allocate $ 200 million for lead poisoning, which should help Flint. If half of that money went to Flint, that would pay for 1,920 wells similar to the one I just drilled. The deepest well I have ever drilled in MI was 342'.

I know it is redundant, but I simply cannot see why some private sector help is not available to address fixing the problem.

Comment

• This $12 million in savings will end up costing billions.

Comment

• this is the best article I've read about the Trump Phenomenon. I hope the link works. Please forget the source, and read the thought.

Comment

• It's paywalled (can't read)

Comment

• Yeah, I'd like to read that. There's an article today from National Review saying a Hillary presidency is preferable to a Trump administration.

Comment

• Geezer, Flint has actually been paying the highest price for water in the country at an average annual cost of $864/year. The avg cost for the U.S. is around $350 per household. I have no idea about the logistics of using a series of wells to supply a city. Wouldn't you still need water mains and pipes that go to each home and business? That's the problem with Flint's infrastructure now because the toxic water leached lead from the pipes. Hopefully they can be coated but it doesn't sound likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Yeah, I'd like to read that. There's an article today from National Review saying a Hillary presidency is preferable to a Trump administration.
                            Most of the Republican establishment is hiding in a severe form of denial that up until now I thought only Tumblr feminsts and angry SJWs were capable of. To me it's the most peculiar phenomenon of this incredible election in which there has been no shortage of peculiarity.

Comment

• Chris Christie endorses Donald Trump - CNN
                              Marco Rubio now knows the fury of Donald Trump when he's scorned.

Couple thoughts: 1. Christie must absolutely HATE spending time in New Jersey. 2. A Trump/Christie ticket might be a lot of fun.
                              Last edited by Mike; February 26, 2016, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Chris Christie endorses Donald Trump - CNN
                                Marco Rubio now knows the fury of Donald Trump when he's scorned.

Couple thoughts: 1. Christie must absolutely HATE spending time in New Jersey. 2. A Trump/Christie ticket might be a lot of fun.
                                Their slogan could be "Youoo shall not...pass!"

Comment

Working...
                                X