Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
    Guilty as charged ...... I will try to be more careful. Try is the operative word here. Be respectful of your elders!

Linesman, try to keep up. Pay attention, dumb ass.
    Excuse me sir, .. I am not your elder.

Revise, and resubmit.

Thank you.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Just a quick reminder -- from The Atlantic: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ndemic/610882/

Meh. There seemingly are two camps, Black Plague or common cold. The "Georgia Experiment" might tell us where in the spectrum the virus really is.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Unfortunately, the reality is no where near either edge of that pitched battle. And so it does a disservice to those of us -- you and me! -- who are hoping for a rational course.

BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS! vs FREEDOM! isn't a meaningful discussion. But, that's where we are.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Trump says he's been taking hydroxychloroquine for 10 days and feels great. When asked for evidence that's it's effective against covid, he says: here's the evidence, I get a lot of phone calls from people that like it. Then goes on to say the VA study that found it ineffective was written by people who aren't "big Trump fans" and they did a very unscientific job.

Comment

• What a whack job.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              What a whack job.
              He could be lying. Or his doctors could be giving him Flintstones chewables and telling him it’s something else.

Comment

• They need to induce a coma until the end of January. To protect him from covid, of course, after all he is our nation's greatest resource.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Unfortunately, the reality is no where near either edge of that pitched battle. And so it does a disservice to those of us -- you and me! -- who are hoping for a rational course.

BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS! vs FREEDOM! isn't a meaningful discussion. But, that's where we are.
                  I can see the D political ads this fall...featuring the ACDC song "If you want blood, you got it"...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Rs need to stop trying to make mask wearing a culture war skirmish. Use shopping carts as a tool to look at yourself.

cart.JPG

Comment

• True story on the shopping carts...the mark of a sociopath

Comment

• -Shopping carts.

-People who throw trash outta their car window, too. Everywhere you go - work, home, office, restaurant, retail store, gas station, government office, whatever, has a trash can, but as opposed to waiting to throw your empty Slurpy Cup away there, you roll your window down and throw it on a curb or road or yard?

-Can probably add people who cut in line, too.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• 1. Line cutters.
                          2. Shopping carts.
                          3. Shit tippers, especially when at Cheesecake Factory
                          4. Slow in the fast lane drivers.
                          5. Vegans and/or anyone who uses "farm-to-table"
                          6. Non-fans of Ned Beatty.
                          7. Litterers.

I'll roll with 7 in honor of Dante.

Comment

• Great list. But why specifically Cheesecake Factory? Did you work there?

Comment

• I worked elsewhere as a server, but The Cheesecake Factory remains the gold standard for chain restaurants, and anyone who says differently is a Fuddrucker's-loving moron destined for the Preston Brooks cane of justice. I'm looking at you, Strangelove.

Comment

• Also, while Dante may be pissed, I think we need more:

8. people who text and talk during a movie.

9. people at football/basketball games Who have to get outta their seats and pass by you to get concessions, go to the bathroom (whatever) every 3 fucking minutes.

And add to #5 something about CrossFit people. They can’t shut up about that cult either (just like the Cult of Veganism).
                                Last edited by AlabamAlum; May 19, 2020, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X