No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find it more troubling that this guy attained the rank of general than him being nominated for a top Pentagon post by Prez Dipshit.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/23/polit...ory/index.html

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• RCP Average: Biden +10.2
      538 (Nate Silver) Average: Biden +10.4

On this date in 2016 Hillary's RCP lead was +5.9. Her lead would almost always be smaller than that the rest of the campaign.

Comment

• In other "noose" today, it turns out that the FBI has determined that the "noose" found in Bubba Wallace's garage at the NASCAR event last weekend was only a pull rope for his garage door. The FBI said no hate crime was committed because video and picture evidence showed that the "noose" (loop) had been there since early 2019, and could not have been intended for Wallace, since garage numbers are assigned randomly.

Of course, this isn't good enough for the "victim" Bubba Wallace. He's still complaining today, saying "I know a noose when I see one", and continues to cling to his victim status, a la Jussie Smolett.

In all his years in auto racing, NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace said Tuesday night, he has never seen anything like what he described as a “straight-up noose” that was being used as a door pull in the garage he was assigned last week at Talladega Speedway in Alabama.

Bubba's career hasn't exactly been filled with trips to victory lane, so he's not going to let go of this bit of attention for a while. Victimhood can be sweet, if its played properly ...
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well he's definitely not Smolett because he didn't literally stage a hate crime. He's not even the one who found and reported said noose. NASCAR told him about it.

Comment

• This is how it should be done

Comment

• That one was pretty obvious bullshit from moment #1. I have yet to hear of a noose being found and it not being staged or fake.

Comment

• Correct. Calhoun. Deliberate government decision. Opportunity to relocate the statute.

However, that's a unicorn. The mob rules on this one, DSL. I know you can't bring yourself to say it or condemn it (other than passively), but that's the reality.

As for PDJT, the betting markets have swung almost 25 points in the past 8 weeks. PDJT was about +10 in early April. Now he's -15. It's over.

Unfortunately, Biden is an empty vessel/trojan horse. Rarely has a VP pick been more important.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That one was pretty obvious bullshit from moment #1. I have yet to hear of a noose being found and it not being staged or fake.
                  Correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Correct. Calhoun. Deliberate government decision. Opportunity to relocate the statute.

However, that's a unicorn. The mob rules on this one, DSL. I know you can't bring yourself to say it or condemn it (other than passively), but that's the reality.

As for PDJT, the betting markets have swung almost 25 points in the past 8 weeks. PDJT was about +10 in early April. Now he's -15. It's over.

Unfortunately, Biden is an empty vessel/trojan horse. Rarely has a VP pick been more important.
                    I think it's stupid and destructive and probably being driven more by the anarchists than BLM in some cases. But yeah, the truth is I don't get all kinds of angry seeing statues get torn down. I don't want the police to use whatever force it takes to save them. I think in every case local government (or a referendum) should make the call in removing them. I think any statue in a public park or in front of a public building is open game. Whatever educational value any of them have is minimal and the foremost purpose of any public statue is to honor the subject, not educate the public. Most of them shouldn't be destroyed because many of them have artistic value, but moved inside a museum or to a battlefield park. I'm against removing statues in cemeteries, inside museums, or in actual historical parks like battlefields.

Without expressing an opinion of the Theodore Roosevelt statue either way, I did learn some things I had never heard before in this piece on him. TR was adamantly opposed to having statues built in his honor. He left express wishes in his Will that none be built. He probably would've hated Mount Rushmore. When his childhood brownstone in NY was going to be demolished he said "go right ahead". He seems to have viewed these efforts to honor him as a form of deification and found them embarrassing. What we call the "Theodore Roosevelt Birthplace Historical Site' in NYC today is actually a reconstruction of his old home, rebuilt after he was dead as a tourist attraction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...uld-come-down/

Comment

• Whatever educational value any of them have is minimal and the foremost purpose of any public statue is to honor the subject, not educate the public
                      Right, they're symbolic and the question is when can symbols be purged. It's an easy discussion re confederate treasonists. It's not so easy as the mission creeps and the standard for the book-burning purge is "did they ever do anything wrong?"

At some point you'll be forced into taking an actual position. I think it will be sooner rather than later. Because this isn't going to stop at treasonists nor statues. To paraphrase Hans Gruber, "maybe they'll to something you do care about."

Heh.

Comment

• Meanwhile, the Emancipation Statue is about to go. Fuck Lincoln and Fuck the Freedmen who paid for it and Fuck Frederick Douglass for saying that:

...we, the colored people, newly emancipated and rejoicing in our blood-bought freedom, near the close of the first century in the life of this Republic, have now and here unveiled, set apart, and dedicated a monument of enduring granite and bronze, in every line, feature, and figure of which the men of this generation may read, and those of after-coming generations may read, something of the exalted character and great works of Abraham Lincoln, the first martyr President of the United States.
                        History shall be rewritten and Dr. Strangelove and his lot shall have the pen.

fucking Lincoln

Comment

• A referendum to take down a statue, fountain, library or whatever is fine. An angry mob taking down a statue, fountain, or library is quite a different matter altogether. Especially when the reason to take it down is because John Doe, who died X years ago did not comport himself as a Woke SJW living in 2020.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• My position is that I'm in favor of removing any statue from a public park or a public building that the people, through their representatives or by direct vote, choose to remove. I'm against a mob tearing them down. Thought I was clear on that point. But neither do I get all kinds of angry/frustrated because a symbol got destroyed.

This is different than, say, a movement to ban Huck Finn from the public library, because the statue is an unavoidable element of the park in most cases. In some cases the statue is the central element. You have to seek out the book amongst a sea of others. And there's a slippery slope angle to almost everything. Right now there's probably an old historic rowhouse in DC facing a wrecking ball so an Urban Outfitters can be built and someone trying to save it will inevitably use the "what's next???" line of argument.

Oh and history is and has always been written by the victors. You know that, comrade.

Comment

• “I’m against a mob tearing them down.”

But then you fall all over yourself saying that police shouldn’t protect them and that when a mob does tear them down it doesn’t make you mad or even frustrated.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                “I’m against a mob tearing them down.”

But then you fall all over yourself saying that police shouldn’t protect them and that when a mob does tear them down it doesn’t make you mad or even frustrated.
                                I get annoyed. I wouldn't call it anger but maybe mild frustration. And I certainly don't want the police to use whatever force it takes to save a statue because I don't think this argument on EITHER side is literally worth serious physical injury to anyone, be it protester or cop.

Comment

Working...
                                X