No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You may have heard about a week ago that three cops were "poisoned" at a Shake Shack in NYC. It was completely untrue. No one even got sick, let alone was "poisoned". It was a misunderstanding made significantly worse by paranoid police supervisors.

The three cops at the center of the NYPD milkshake “poisoning” scandal never even got sick, and there wasn’t the slightest whiff of criminality from the get-go — but that didn’t stop gung-ho …

Stories like that make me think of this one

The Marion County Sheriff's Office in Indianapolis said McDonald's assisted in its investigation and that restaurant staff "in no way tampered" with the officer's food.

Comment

• Meanwhile, over 100+ shootings in Chicago this weekend including a 3-yr old and 13-yr old both killed. But, the good news is that they've toppled the Grant statute in San Francisco and burned the Washington statute in Portland.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't care much about statues, they look cool and I guess they show history. I posted a long time ago the Flag will be racist. Down the road this needs to be torn down and replaced with a more suitable one.

Black-statue-crop.jpg?time=1592777303.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Note to self: Liney skims my posts
          Well, .. yeah. But only because you keep saying the same thing over and over ..

At least with Jeff's manifestos, he will toss in new information, and larger words that I don't understand, .. just to keep it interesting.

Thank goodness for Google "translate" ...
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Gov Abbott of Texas encouraging all Texans to wear masks today. Says it's the best way to have both jobs and safety. They are clearly nervous there, more so than a couple months ago.

Don't remember if I mentioned it but a few days a far right lobbying group in Texas got caught on a hot mike saying a bunch of derisive things about Abbott, including mocking his wheelchair use. They were pissed at him for allowing cities to impose mandatory masks if necessary.

Two staffers for a hard-right political action group in Texas have been suspended after leaked audio caught them making fun of Governor Greg Abbott and his use of a wheelchair.

Comment

• I really don't get the I don't want to wear a mask non-sense. I do get that some folks don't want to be told what to do but FCS this is pretty simple stuff. Children usually understand it. You either distance a bit or wear masks if you can't or you produce the circumstances that will result in you being sent back to your time-out chair - and that means shuttering back up the things you can actually enjoy doing (if not somewhat inconveniently) and being told to stay in your homes.

I'm presently in Atlanta. Two observations:

(1) At a favorite restaurant of ours, at lunch time on father's day, the place was open, wait staff wore masks, tables were properly distanced and the only ones wearing masks were us when we entered. The place surprisingly wasn't busy at all. I asked the lone wait person there if we were supposed to be wearing masks when we entered. She said it was recommended but not required for patrons. Restaurant staff are required to mask, and they all were masked. She added we don't tell them to wear masks or distance. If we suggest that they might want to do that when it gets crowded, they get huffy and leave. There are the usual number of chairs at the bar. They aren't spaced 6' apart. When they tried to do that, people ignored it. If they removed the chairs, people got mad and stormed out. That we are trying to do things right has hurt our business, she said. Gwinnett Co. where we live and where this restaurant is located has one of the highest rates of new infections in GA. WTF!

(2) I went into Publix today. Every patron that entered while I was there had a mask on. Publix has a national policy that is placarded as you enter, "you must wear a mask when entering." Compliance appeared to be 100%. I've not seen that anywhere else Iv'e been in GA. It is everywhere in Broward Co., in FL. Telling people they have to do something, making it clear why, cuing it and enforcing it works.

Wearing a mask is one mitigation measure that has evidence that it is overwhelmingly effective. Given the current rise in GRs globally, nationally and regionally, officials should mandate it, cue it and provide the local resources to enforce it. That these same officials at all levels - global, federal, local - can't muster the courage to say wear one or we're going back to closing shit down again, just pisses me off to no end. A tremendous leadership failure in a crisis.

Dumb-asses make up a large portion of the places that I am familiar with, and that can probably be generalized nationally. That irresponsible, self serving behavior is going to precipitate some level of avoidable public health, economic and social damage. It is shameful evidence of what a failure the management of the C-19 pandemic in the US has been and likely will continue to be. It's a failure of immense historical significance and impact.
              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; June 22, 2020, 04:02 PM.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well, if everyone is careful...
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I had someone thank me last week for wearing a mask. Was in a Marathon gas station, both employees were masked, but 3-4 patrons were not. Another patron entered, wearing a mask, and thanked me for doing the same. Told him I'm tending a near 90 mother and its just part of the routine. No comments, or looks, from those non-masked. That in itself, was pleasing, no culture warriors.

Yes, dumb asses make up a large part of the population. Darwin candidates willing to take down others.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I don't get how someone can think of it as any more of a limit on their freedom than requiring a shirt or shoes for service.

Comment

• Mayor of Seattle says the days of the CHOP are coming to an end after two weekend shootings.

Comment

• Ohio is still where they were in the middle of May. So, congrats. Finally got on demand testing some time in the last week or two. Urban areas still have massive healthcare overflow capacity. So, I guess I’m spoiled by fellow Ohioans.

And can someone summarize the hospital/ICU issue — are people not getting proper service?

Comment

• I wonder how Seattle plans to dismantle CHOP. Surely without any force. That would be racist. I think dismantling CHOP is racist regardless.

Personally, if they want to start shooting each other and want no police then who am I to argue. I’d truck in the guns.

Comment

• The coming week is where we could see if there's enough of a spike to be a strain on Arizona's resources or not. Up till now hospitalizations have been tracking pretty closely to the # of new cases 7 days prior. A week ago today is when new cases starting climbing fast. Today's update showed almost 21% of tests coming back positive. The total number of cases in Arizona has doubled over the past two weeks from 27,000+ to 54,000+. ICU usage over those 2 weeks has grown from 76% to 84% today.

https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/e...ards/index.php

EbJtyiAVcAE1k4N?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

• Things getting rough in DC again tonight.

Comment

• Just let the mob do as it pleases. Or you’re a racist.

Acting quickly, Mayor Quimby declared mob rule.

Plus, it’s a window into the heart of the D party. Let them tear down Jackson and move to the Jefferson Memorial and eventually Washington and Lincoln.
                                Last edited by iam416; June 22, 2020, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X