Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Sorry I keep brining this up but as a practical matter there are still those 72m voters who voted for Trump despite his incompetence. That's because a large segment of the American electorate is concerned about (1) Liberalism pushing America further along the path of the nanny state, redistributive tax policy to pay for it and big government telling you what to do that goes with it, (2) Unchecked immigration illegal and otherwise that ultimately changes the demographics of America to an unrecognizable patchwork of foreign enclaves with different values and cultural norms. (2a) ...... that will become D voters insuring the continuation of the viscous cycle. (3) American culture cancelling.
    Yeah, those people charging the capitol for the Donald were really concerned about that stuff. Hahaha.

I guess I stand corrected that being led by Donald Trump is better option.

Comment

• There has yet to be a single example of the Democrats giving the Republicans good advice. You can tell what is good for the Rs by what really scares the Dems.

Comment

• Correct, Hannibal. I'm also pretty sure there's yet to be a single example of Froot giving anyone good advice. But, whatever.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yes Hannibal, Trump forever!

Comment

• I, of course, understand that both Froot and Jon would love to see the R party splinter into two separate minority parties to pave the way for the Progressive agenda. I would love to see the Ds splinter into two separate parties. I would advise that the Ds strongly pushback and/or jettison The Squad all their supporters. I think that would be great.

Comment

• It's a shame. Froot could probably offer something. He probably could be intellectually honest if he wanted to. Instead it's just leftist kapture. Whatever.

Comment

• Buchanan:

Any updates on how terrible the vaccinations are going 6 months after #TrustScience said vaccinations wouldn't be possible by now?

Comment

• A replacement level Republican politician could get at least 47 percent of the vote in a general election. If you are telling me that's impossible, then the GOP has an even bigger problem.

Cocaine Mitch would like nothing better than to banish the dude, he has a much better grasp in politics than Jeff Buchanan or hannibal.

Comment

• I guess I'm unclear as to what you think "Trumpers" really are. What I'm fairly certain of is that they are a significant portion of the R electorate. If you're saying they have little to no fealty to PDJT and will simply vote for whatever R is on the ballot, then ok. I strongly disagree with that, but at least that would support your 47% argument.

If you think that Rs will lose a significant portion of its voters -- not necessarily to the Ds, but to apathy -- then you need to find replacement voters. Even, say, a 4-5% drop in R turnout will be absolutely devastating. And it's hard for me not to imagine something AT LEAST on that order.

PDJT got 14M more votes than Romney and 16M more than McCain -- "replacement level" Rs. And I certainly don't see any R coming within 42,000 votes of winning the election IF they lose even a small portion of their turnout. The Rs may pick up votes in California and other states they have no chance of winning, but in the states they NEED to win, they'll get beat decisively. Not by 42,000. Decisively.

Comment

• Let's be clear, I've not taken a position on "banishing the dude." I haven't seen anything from Talent or Hannibal getting behind a senate trial conviction and "banishment." That does not mean that the three of us don't think Trump is a an ass-clown but I'll only speak for myself on that description - but Trump is the quintessential ass-clown.

What I have said is that reducing Trump's hold on the R party isn't going to change the reality that there are 72m Americans that voted for him, some who idolize him some that don't, who are concerned about the list of things I provided above. The D's should be concerned about that if they want to advance candidates at all levels of government that embrace the policies of the far left.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Its fine to "banish" Trump if that's what the Dems want. I'd be fine with it.

But, just remember, there are a lot more "Trumps" around.

Eric ... Don Jr., .. Ivanka... and in about 20 years, Barron.

I don't think the Trump family is going away.

And I'm not even suggesting that's a good thing. I'm just saying that "banishing" Trump or his family is going to be a hard thing to do. They just keep coming back, .. like the Bush's and Clintons ...
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Let's be clear, I've not taken a position on "banishing the dude." I haven't seen anything from Talent or Hannibal getting behind a senate trial conviction and "banishment." That does not mean that the three of us don't think Trump is a an ass-clown but I'll only speak for myself on that description - but Trump is the quintessential ass-clown.

What I have said is that reducing Trump's hold on the R party isn't going to change the reality that there are 72m Americans that voted for him, some who idolize him some that don't, who are concerned about the list of things I provided above. The D's should be concerned about that if they want to advance candidates at all levels of government that embrace the policies of the far left.
                          Of those 74M who voted for PDJT, a lot of them are just regular Rs or anyone but the Progressives voters. Based on how PDJT performed in the primaries, you could probably say his earnest support amongst the Rs is at least 35-40%. Amongst those voters, you'd then have to estimate how many would leave the R party or simply stay home.

So, here are the numbers -- very rough -- about 26M true blue PDJT supporters. If 15% of those people leave the party or stay home, that's 4M votes. And it's probably disproportionately in states PDJT needs to win. That transforms a 42,000 margin to an absolute landslide -- a totally hopeless endeavor. And that's exactly why Froot or any other D so strongly advocates it. It blows up the R party.

And the reality, of course, is that PDJT isn't going anywhere. Whether they impeach him or not, he's still going to have a huge voice for a huge number of voters. And, of course, if you can slice those voters off the R party then it's an absolute win for the Ds.

Again, I think this will happen in some form. That's why the Rs are going to be nationally irrelevant for awhile.

Comment

• The ones who have fealty to Trump move on after he is banished and will still vote GOP. The dude ran a campaign that mocked Joe Biden running a campaign from a basement and he still lost. If you have these people "concerned" about this issues Jeff Buchanan stated, you just run out a replacement level politician and run on that platform. There is this weird fascination with 74 million voters, Joe Biden got 81 million voters.

Comment

• And I'm not even suggesting that's a good thing. I'm just saying that "banishing" Trump or his family is going to be a hard thing to do. They just keep coming back, .. like the Bush's and Clintons ...
                              EFZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                The ones who have fealty to Trump move on after he is banished and will still vote GOP.
                                Yeah, strongly disagree. But, hey, if you think he's literally irrelevant to R voters then so be it. We'll find out. One of us will be right and one of us will be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X