Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan?

Do you think I'm in favor of rebuilding Auschwitz?
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Buchanan:

Any updates on how terrible the vaccinations are going 6 months after #TrustScience said vaccinations wouldn't be possible by now?
      Sorry, I've been at Costco stimulating the economy. It was mobbed. Didn't see a lot of Georgians celebrating MLk Day but they're all racists so that explains that.

Anyway, I don't have any updates. I'm waiting for the press to report that Joe Biden and the D controlled Congress has virtually ended the pandemic that Trump failed so miserably trying to do it.

But seriously, or sort of of seriously, the MSM narrative is that the Federal Government or R governed state governments (pick one) have failed miserably at the boots on the ground level getting shots into arms. This is true but it's not the Feds that failed. Complaining that the vaccine roll-out is going too slow and at risk folks can't get shots is similar to complaining that not everyone that wanted to could get into a Madonna or Lady Gaga concert when it sold out in the first 5 minutes that ticket sales opened on Stub-Hub. Supply and Demand FFS.

I think it was talent that opined that patience was the order of the day and that we'd get exponential increases in shots in arms as time went by. Correct. Toilet paper. I think after a run, Charmin came through in good time so that everyone could wipe their asses, right? I think there are probably 5, maybe more pharma companies (not including the Chicoms or Ruskies) that already have vaccines on the shelf and are producing more and more every day. The flood gates will open soon enough and of course the FDA will be too slow in approving the J&J, AZ or any of the others on the verge of being proven safe. If FL and Desantis are an indicator of this nationally, well, new vaccination sites are opening up every week, they are being manned by staff that are getting trained as I write this and what the state is receiving is being matched to the resources required to administer the shots. There's the expectation that Talent is spot on so, they are getting prepared.

You could say, well, states should have been more prepared but, it seems to me, they were prepared based on the information they were given about how much vaccine they'd be provided over time. So, let's say FL got 20K doses on day one and those were divided up per Desantis' priorities ...... front line HC workers &1st responders first. The vaccines went to 10 sites each receiving 1000 doses. Hospitals did a very good job of delivering these essentially behind the scenes. Let's say that after 10d at that daily rate 200K first priority people got their shots and that's pretty close to what actually happened. No one was complaining - if the first grouping wanted the vaccine, they got it.

Now comes the rest of the story. Just for the purposes of this discussion, the continuing supply of 20K doses per day were planned for but the state only received 15K doses. Over 65s were next in line. The PH department had to close down a couple of sites for lack of vaccine. The hospital systems that were first identified to start administering vaccine to the over 65 crowd had web sites and phone lines in place to take requests for appointments. Those 10 sites spread out over the state each got around 1500 doses. On the first day of announcing that Jackson Hospital system (Miami-Dade Co.) was taking calls for appointments at two of thier sites, within a minute of that announcement their web site had 10,000 hits and crashed. Well, no shit. You aren't getting into the Madonna concert today. Try again later.

There are stories of people sitting in front of their computers and pressing refresh once per minute for 12h or redialing phone numbers to try to get appointments. How many people doing that would it take to crash the web site or shut down a call center? But, fuck, yeah, Desantis wasn't prepared. I'm preaching to the quire here. Most of you, except Wiz, are smart people but the world of people that made runs on toilet paper in March X100 wanted to be the first fucking person in line for the vaccine. Jeeeze. But Joe and Kamala, Chuck and Nancy are going to fix all of that that Trump fucked up within the first 100d of the Biden presidency. But that would have happened anyway. Exponential growth. If I have some level of empathy for how the Trump administration has been attacked by the left and their MSM mouthpiece it would arise from the unwarranted criticism of those that were involved in Operation Warp Speed.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• This popped up on my feed and cracked me up a little to see who posted it. Apparently he is very, very active on Twitter and despises Trump.

Comment

• Our local hospital was given 750 doses of vaccine for this week to be given to the 1B priority folks. They opened their phone lines at 7:00 am today to start taking appointments. All were taken in less than an hour.

Comment

• I get a kick out of how enthusiastic Jeff is about defending Ronald DeSantis.

Comment

• Biden is set to cancel Keystone. And so it begins.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                Biden is set to cancel Keystone. And so it begins.
                Well, if Joe is about anything, its about establishing solid relations with our friends to the north ...

Comment

• "Although we have a long, long way to go in solving the internal problem of race facing our nation, I still have faith in the future. We are gradually emerging from the bleak and desolate midnight of injustice into the bright and glittering daybreak of freedom and justice. This remains true because God is forever at work in His universe. I am convinced now more than ever before that God lives. They that stand against Him stand in a tragic and an already declared minority; they that stand with Him stand in the glow of the world’s bright tomorrows.“

Martin Luther King in a letter to Billy Graham, 1957

Comment

• No, violence is not the way. Hate is not the way. Bitterness is not the way. We must stand up with love in our hearts, with a lack of bitterness and yet a determination to protest courageously for justice and freedom in this land.

Martin Luther King

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                      "I can't think of one "maga" that is in favor of rebuilding Auschwitz."

I guess you missed the Trump rioter with the "Camp Auschwitz" t-shirt

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/13/u...-arrested.html
                      JFC
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Almost got my 88 year old mother signed up for the vaccine yesterday. Somehow, I managed to hit the sign up page during the 3 nanoseconds that appointments weren't all taken. Filled all the boxes in and double checked the accuracy. Despite having ticked box stating she was retired, when I hit 'Submit", the page returned me to a field with a red error message appearing stating I must fill out the name and address of her employer. As soon as I clicked into that field, the page crashed, blowing me out of the site entirely. Trying to get back to the page was impossible (kept timing out) as probably everyone in Genesee County was trying to reach the site at that time. Now I have to wait another week before attempting to hit the vaccine lottery again.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Who says thieves are without honor?

BEAVERTON, Ore. (AP) — A car thief who found a toddler in the backseat of a stolen vehicle drove back and chastised the mother for leaving the child unattended before taking off again, police in Oregon said.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• White House released schedule for Trump today:

President Trump will work from early in the morning until late in the evening. He will make many calls and have many meetings.

This is the public schedule for Joe Biden, as provided by the White House Press Office. This calendar is updated at midnight every day with the day's public events

Comment

• In addition to sacrificing tons of well-paying union jobs at the alter of green virtue signaling, Biden, on the other end, is attempting to get the $15 minimum wage through in his Covid Relief bill.

I'm a little surprised he's not trying to get UBI and M4A through the Coivd Relief Bill. I guess he truly is one of them centrists.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ah it's a great day when I can piss off Wiz!

Comment

Working...
                                X