Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch what you say.

Joe Xiden may be watching
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Attached Files
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• . .
        Attached Files
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Also, Shostakovich was a hack.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            Also, Shostakovich was a hack.
            Incorrect, Philistine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Incorrect, Philistine.
              You have the boorish manners of a Cornellian.

Comment

• Totally OT. I bought a Ring Doorbell with a camera in it. Just starting to become familiar with Ring Services. The ease of use and functionality over the many other surveillance camera systems you can install (Arlo and 3 or 4 others) is really good. With Ring, you can start with a doorbell then expand with other low cost, wireless, wifi cameras and link them together. Becasue we are away a lot from our FL home, I thought it important to have some security. I've got a new version of ADT (a subscription home security service that monitors entry) and Ring. We live in a gated community with a HOA. I was told that most criminal activity involving break-ins a personal property theft is inside gated communities with break-ins by young people looking for prescription drugs.

There is a Ring App with a fee service (I'm on a trial but Ill get it when it ends) for $10/month (more if you add additional cameras). You can watch live and view recordings (not sure how far back). There's also a neighborhood watch features that allows community members to share potentially criminal events. Watched a recording of a thief who was a neighbor of the victim come up and porch pirate an Amazon prime package in full view of the camera and in daylight. He was arrested in about 2h after owner of the Ring Camera called police and reported him. Idiot. Also, a recording of what looked like 15 or 16yo boys enter a porch, look right into the camera, then break a sliding glass door, enter the home, ransack it (didn't take anything) then bolt after being inside for about 60 seconds. They were both arrested the next day. KIDS!!!

Anyway, just got this email from Ring. We're entering an era of increased big brother type surveillance that has gotten very sophisticated. It can either be used for good or bad. Thoughts on this email and the expanding world of surveillance at your fingertips?

Dear Neighbor,

At Ring, our mission is to help make neighborhoods safer. It’s our belief that when communities work together, safer neighborhoods become a reality, which is why we created the Neighbors App.

The foundation of Neighbors is that as a customer, you are in control of your security, devices, and personal information, and that your privacy is our priority. It’s that simple.

The Neighbors Public Safety Service is an extension of the Neighbors App that allows local public safety agencies, such as police and fire departments, to engage with our customers. We want to share details about how we’ve designed the Neighbors Public Safety Service:
                • No access to devices.
                Public safety agencies are never given access to users’ cameras or devices through the Neighbors Public Safety Service or by Ring.
                • No direct access to users when making
                video requests.
                Your local public safety agencies can use Neighbors to request assistance in an investigation. To protect your privacy and your ability to decline the request, public safety agencies must go through the Neighbors Public Safety Service when making a request. You have 100% control – if you choose not to share, or you opt out of future requests, your local public safety agencies will never know as you’ll remain totally anonymous.
                • No user account information.
                Users are identified in the Neighbors Public Safety Service only as “Neighbor #”. Although public safety agencies know the users posting content reside within their jurisdiction, public safety agencies cannot see or access user account information.
                • No device location.
                The Neighbors Public Safety Service does not provide public safety agencies with the addresses at which any devices are located.
                As a Ring customer, you place your trust in us to help protect your home and community, and we take that responsibility seriously. We will continue to prioritize privacy, security, and user control as we pursue and improve technologies to help achieve our mission of making neighborhoods safer.

To learn more about how Ring has helped communities and public safety agencies work together while protecting customer privacy, click here. And if you would like to get your community more involved, click here.

Thanks,
                Jamie
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

You have the boorish manners of a Cornellian.
                  You possess all the musicianship of a backup bassist for a Creed tribute band, you tone-deaf jackanape.

Comment

• JB, I would pass.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Well this didn't take long. One of the trademarks of the extreme, lunatic, foaming-at-the-mouth, kook Left is now policy.

Here is the whitehouse.gov contact form.

Preferred Pronouns.png

Preferred pronouns is now officially a thing.

This is with Joe Biden the "moderate". I wonder what percentage of the American electorate this resonates with.

Comment

• I finally got my appointment to get a covid shot: February 10, 2021. So far there have been 241 people in my county vaccinated. There seems to be some minor hold-up with the bureaucracy in Michigan. Nothing is more costly than "free" medical care.
                        Last edited by Da Geezer; January 20, 2021, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          ......Preferred pronouns is now officially a thing......

Other than the extreme, lunatic, foaming-at-the-mouth, kook Right, does anybody really care?
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• That's President Chairman Joe, you fucks.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post

Other than the extreme, lunatic, foaming-at-the-mouth, kook Right, does anybody really care?
                              We just spent 4 years watching deranged lunatics lose there minds over every step PDJT took. I think it’s ok to point out Chairman Joe’s ludicrous virtue signaling. It’s certainly a window into things to come.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Kevin Williamson with a fond look back on the Trump administration

Goodbye to Donald J. Trump, the man who wanted to be Conrad Hilton but turned out to be Paris Hilton.

Comment

Working...
                                X