No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take him seriously, not literally. Or vice versa.

Comment

• Wouldn't PDJT actually have to say something to take him either way?

That's sort of the problem with that steaming pile of shit story.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Wouldn't PDJT actually have to say something to take him either way?

That's sort of the problem with that steaming pile of shit story.
        Technically he tweeted overnight the martial law story is "fake news". Which means it's probably true, heh.

Comment

• Everyone, including Mike Pompeo, has pretty much fingered Russia as being behind the cyber attacks on the US. So what does Putin's cock holster say? "It might be China".

A day after the secretary of state became the highest-ranking administration official to blame Russia for a vast hack of multiple U.S. agencies, the president suggested someone else may be to blame.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• He tweeted that the attack is "far greater in the Fake News Media than in actuality."

Why is it that every time I read one of the Mango Mussolini's tweets this image pops into my head?

123fc21928144c1fae675b8276941bfd.jpg
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Well, the EU is banning flights into member countries from the UK based on evidence, not all of it particularly strong but rather supposed, that what is being called the G614 variant to the spike protein is more infectious than the ancestral D614.

The problem with this action is that it is disruptive and restrictive when the evidence supporting a higher level of infectiousness but not disease severity "needs more study." What is being seen IN THE LAB is a higher level of virus where the ancestral and variant SARS-CoV-2 replication is compared in separate petri dishes.

The inappropriate leap being made is the supposition by EU and UK epidemiologists that a noticeable increase in viral spread in parts of GB are secondary to the G614 variant and definitively causative. It is not.

A move like this is potentially preventative but it again comes down to the question of whether banning flights from the UK will confer substantial PH benefit to the EU? It's pure guess-work, and IMO, a great example of how governments are over-reaching in the highly politicized pandemic environment

There are legitimate scientific questions about the variant. This paragraph sums them up - note that there is both cause for concern and optimism but you won't hear about the optimism:

These questions are especially important at a time when environmental pressures, such as expanding herd immunity, vaccine-induced immunity, antiviral therapies, and public health intervention strategies, may — through selective pressure — promote virus survival and escape. Will these selective pressures drive antigenic variation, promote virus stability and transmissibility, alter virus virulence and pathogenesis, or drive SARS-CoV-2 to extinction or into alternative hosts as reservoirs? Plante et al. articulate a critical need for proactive, rather than reactive, tracking of SARS-CoV-2 and other potential emerging coronaviruses.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

It doesn't really matter if anyone understands an unsourced article about imposing martial law and re-running the election. What matters is that it's going to happen. Obviously PDJT is going to do it.
                It would be one thing if it was only an unsourced story. Michael Flynn has openly floated his martial law plan in the media. You could even look it up to verify.

Comment

• It’s only a story if PDJT is seriously considering it. Otherwise, at best, it’s the rantings of Flynn. The implication is clearly that PDJT is listening seriously. It’s poppycock. A pretty standard nonsense story from the media.

Comment

• Fuck talk of a Trump inspired insurrection - not going to happen. So tired of stupid stories from the MSM.

Meanwhile in an unprecedented example of bipartisanship that is unlikely to get it's due, being that advertising is what generates revenue and the MSM would rather scare the shit out of Americans talking about the "new strain" of SARS-CoV-2 impervious to vaccines and that will wipe out the human race and California hospitals collapsing with body bags piled up outside them, a deal has been reached in the $900b Corona Virus relief package and it will likely be signed into law within the next 24h.

This is a huge deal because whatever happens on Monday in the markets, I'm going to pull off profits and take a fucking vacation .... oh, wait, I can't travel. Well, maybe I'll buy a Peleton since it isn't safe to go to cycle studios. Seriously, ........

There's a ton of good stuff in this bill and I've been watching even though details are sketchy, not unsurprisingly because reporters are busy sniffing out dreadful COVID human interest stories. But, if I have it right, little people in various businesses, in particular the restaurant and travel industry, are going to get some much needed cash in the form of free shit to keep them afloat for a few more months (PPP). This kind of free shit I can get on board with.

There's some helicopter money ($600 pp phasing out starting at $75K Taxable Income) and as much as this gets criticized, this is absolutely the time to hand it out. The details of state aid isn't clear. R's didn't want it D's did but there is some and that is going to keep some government employees on payrolls - important! Schools get some help, details, again, unclear. States get money for vaccine deployment .... excellent.

I think what I've come to realize is that the complexity of this bill is immense and the public gets only glimpses of the details. Take, for example, the last point of contention - how the Fed can spend unspent CARES money. Apparently, Ds relented to R demands and the Fed can't spend on existing programs only emergently on new ones and only with treasury's consent. More money for any COVID related aid already in place needs congressional authorization. Makes sense. It takes a lot of searching to obtain details and they are out there being reported by competent journalists, not a part of the MSM.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                      Fuck talk of a Trump inspired insurrection - not going to happen. So tired of stupid stories from the MSM.

Meanwhile in an unprecedented example of bipartisanship that is unlikely to get it's due, being that advertising is what generates revenue and the MSM would rather scare the shit out of Americans talking about the "new strain" of SARS-CoV-2 impervious to vaccines and that will wipe out the human race and California hospitals collapsing with body bags piled up outside them, a deal has been reached in the $900b Corona Virus relief package and it will likely be signed into law within the next 24h.

This is a huge deal because whatever happens on Monday in the markets, I'm going to pull off profits and take a fucking vacation .... oh, wait, I can't travel. Well, maybe I'll buy a Peleton since it isn't safe to go to cycle studios. Seriously, ........

There's a ton of good stuff in this bill and I've been watching even though details are sketchy, not unsurprisingly because reporters are busy sniffing out dreadful COVID human interest stories. But, if I have it right, little people in various businesses, in particular the restaurant and travel industry, are going to get some much needed cash in the form of free shit to keep them afloat for a few more months (PPP). This kind of free shit I can get on board with.

There's some helicopter money ($600 pp phasing out starting at $75K Taxable Income) and as much as this gets criticized, this is absolutely the time to hand it out. The details of state aid isn't clear. R's didn't want it D's did but there is some and that is going to keep some government employees on payrolls - important! Schools get some help, details, again, unclear. States get money for vaccine deployment .... excellent.

I think what I've come to realize is that the complexity of this bill is immense and the public gets only glimpses of the details. Take, for example, the last point of contention - how the Fed can spend unspent CARES money. Apparently, Ds relented to R demands and the Fed can't spend on existing programs only emergently on new ones and only with treasury's consent. More money for any COVID related aid already in place needs congressional authorization. Makes sense. It takes a lot of searching to obtain details and they are out there being reported by competent journalists, not a part of the MSM.
                      Your boy Trump is the one having the meetings with Michael Flynn and Sydney Powell, the MSM is simply relaying panicked messages from the inner circle. In your world they should just fucking ignore them.

Comment

• Soon, Trump's crack team of world class legal advisors, Sydney Powell and Rudi Giuliani, will be filing federal lawsuit to halt McDonald's sale of a food like product previously found only in Wiz's re-occurring "Todaze Speshel". Same team that successfully litigated "Wiz vs World" where the Wiz Secret Wing Sauce (ketchup, farm field runoff, and Walmart's "Like Tabasco" sauce) was found not to violate the Geneva Convention agreements.

BEIJING (AP) — McDonald’s is selling a sandwich made of Spam topped with crushed Oreo cookies Monday in China in an attention-grabbing move that has raised eyebrows.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The Media reports on one more ludicrous unsourced story. Why not. Here comes Martial Law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is right up there with the Steele Dossier. I mean, hey -- The Media was just reporting on the fact that it existed. LOL.

PDJT was bad on a lot of things, but exposed The Media -- or rather -- getting The Media to so brazenly show their ass for what they are -- that's a good thing. It's important for people to know that The Media is not an objective source of information. That canard is dead. Thank you, PDJT.

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PDJT was bad on a lot of things, but exposed The Media -- or rather -- getting The Media to so brazenly show their ass for what they are -- that's a good thing. It's important for people to know that The Media is not an objective source of information. That canard is dead. Thank you, PDJT.
                            A very good thing. He also did a very good job of kicking a lot of other bushes- that Social Justice types are more interested in intimidation than cooperation, that the Democrats are patronizing hypocrites and that the Republicans are, well, just happy to be there. None of them give a damn about you or I.

None of that should come as a surprise, and the suspicion about it probably played no small part in getting Trump elected. It's been an ugly 4 years, but we kinda needed the confirmation.

Comment

• I'd like to think that the MSM is held by most as being exposed for a lack of honest reporting. Walter Cronkite level honest reporting with the current versions of the news looked at skeptically. But, judging from the polarization of the two predominant POVs, I don't think it has. Both sides read what they want then parrot whatever it is they want to be said in social media forums.

Comment

• Well, that's the point. There's isn't anyone to trust -- nor should there be. It's always been a given that FOX or Rush Limbaugh or the Washington Times were right-wing mouthpieces. What we all now know is that the MSM is a left-wing mouthpiece.

Comment

Working...
                                X