Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• They released a bunch of text messages between Volker, Sondland, and Taylor last night that make it sound an awful lot like there was a quid pro quo. Kinda seems like Taylor was especially skeptical of what he was doing and wanted everything documented in writing as much as possible. Sondland kept wanting to do things by phone. On Page 8 Taylor asked "Are we now saying that security assistance [Military aid to Ukraine] and a WH visit are conditioned on investigations?" Sondland's response: "Call me"

Is Pompeo refusing to allow Sondland or Taylor talk to Congress?

At any rate, it seemed suspicious when some of Trump's biggest lapdogs in Congress kept poking their heads out of the room to tell the press that Volker had nothing of importance to say, absolutely nothing. Even while his deposition lasted over 9 hours. They were trying to get out in front of the substance of what he was sharing.

Comment

• Taylor: AGAIN, this is nuts.
        Sondland: Fer god's sake don't put anything in writing!!!

snip.JPG
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• He allegedly called Trump to coordinate the story in between. That is why there is a 4 hours gap.

Comment

• Taylor's a career diplomat. He's not accidentally putting that stuff in writing because he's a dummy.

Sondland, on the other hand, got his job by donating $1M to the Trump campaign. Why is the Ambassador to the EU coordinating this whole thing anyways?

Comment

• Ground keeps shifting for Republicans. Started off with "it's all hearsay!" but just about everything in the whistleblower complaint has been borne out by evidence. Turned to "no quid pro quo" and these texts make it pretty clear that there was in fact a quid pro quo. Announce an investigation into Biden or no White House meeting and maybe that military aid won't arrive.

I'd note there's nothing in what I've read that the Wh was interested in a broad sweeping anti-corruption platform. Everything came down exclusively to Burisma/Biden.

So next stop for Republicans is arguing that there's absolutely nothing wrong with offering a quid pro quo with a foreign government to get opposition research on a political opponent.

Comment

• Goes without saying that there's nothing on the Fox homepage about this trove of texts and evidence

But there IS plenty of Republicans claiming "Volker's testimony DESTROYS impeachment narrative! Says nothing worthwhile in over 9 hours!! Trump completely vindicated!"
                Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; October 4, 2019, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• you still haven't addressed the main point ive been making

I don't give a rats ass about trump

show me the quidproquo and I'll raise you 2 quidprojoes

bidens ass is done ther more this comes out

the American middles class voter doesn't read every text every conflicting story taken in and out of context

but bidens mouthing off about getting that prosecuter dusted that was investigating his son is pure gold jerry

china is icing on the cake

and trump has every right to continue that investigation along with barr and durham reports on the Russian investigation

but continue to hope for your charade of an impeachment from Schiff and pelosi

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Good luck convincing average voters that when Trump asked foreign governments to investigate Biden he only did so out of a broader program of anti-corruption (of which there's no evidence) and not just because he's Trump's political enemy. I'm sure that'll be a big winner among the white college-educated women who swung the midterms to Democrats.

Trump has every right to do the Durham/Russia investigation stuff, btw. Although i think it's largely a distraction and is being done mostly in service to Trump's fragile ego. Asking foreign governments to provide you with dirt on your political enemy is different and an abuse of power, IMO. Especially if it's proven he is altering official foreign policy to extort favors from those countries.

Comment

• Federal law prohibits bribery and attempted bribery, which is defined as withholding the performance of an official duty conditioned upon the personal receipt of a thing of value, whether the thing of value arrives or not.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Listen, AA, the disgraced Ukrainian former Prosecutor swore under oath to Rudy Giuliani that Biden is very very bad news.

I know a lot of those text messages back and forth between State Dept officials make it look like Trump was freezing out the Ukrainians until they opened an investigation into Biden but those are confusing details that the average American (crash) will just be stupefied by. It's a lot easier to understand that Biden = bad man, and Trump asking China to investigate bad man = good.

Comment

• https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...infallibility/

Comment

• Kellyanne's boss must really love her hubby after this Atlantic article:

Donald Trump’s narcissism makes it impossible for him to carry out the duties of the presidency in the way the Constitution requires.

Comment

• Trump was asked by a reporter today if he's asked for foreign help to investigate anyone who is NOT a political opponent

Trump couldn't name anyone. Said he'd have to check

A passionate anti-corruption crusader

Comment

Working...
                                X