No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ramesh Ponnuru on the lame excuses Trump defenders have put up

Comment

• Again, Rudy doing everything he can to fuck over Pompeo, for whatever reason

Comment

• Comment

• I'll say this more generally than I said it before. I said earlier that Ds need to be careful not getting caught up defending Hunter Biden. He's mostly irrelevant to this story. I also think Ds need to be very careful about making this about a quid quo pro. The call certainly doesn't support that. Ukraine officials don't support that. https://time.com/5686788/ukraine-no-...ion-aid-biden/

The indisputable fact is that PDJT asked a foreign country to investigate the son of a political opponent. That is either impeachable or not (I would not proceed, but whatever). Keep your eye on the ball. I would hope that getting your asses handed to you on COLLUSION!!!! has given the Ds some caution and introspection. Be patient. Hammer what you KNOW. Don't try to turn this into a blackmail scheme that, quite realistically, it may not be.

I mean, I personally find it hard to believe that the US would or could hold nearly half a billion in congressionally approved aid indefinitely or that any country even vaguely familiar with our government would understand that an indefinite hold was a real thing.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• The best thing they can do is proceed with actual lawyers asking questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                The best thing they can do is proceed with actual lawyers asking questions.
                A thousand times this

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I mean, I personally find it hard to believe that the US would or could hold nearly half a billion in congressionally approved aid indefinitely or that any country even vaguely familiar with our government would understand that an indefinite hold was a real thing.

Comment

• Heh. I still say the call is enough to proceed. Develop whatever other facts you have. I also think the only way you win in the Senate is if you can show actual extortion. I think there's a remarkably small chance of that. But, PDJT flippantly asking for political help is at least enough to proceed on in good faith. Again, I'd probably avoid impeachment without more and perhaps do something else -- censure, condemnation, whatever. Without more to the story it's all going to end up in the same spot.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• seems like the dems are all over the coverup aspect of it

you know....the fact that trump took 3-4 days to release the transcript and the whistleblower complaint all shows he's hiding something

far as the biden thing cats already out of the bag--he's toast. any dem on stage with him should be hammering the Ukraine and china connections to his son

Comment

• That wasn't the verbatim transcript they released.

Comment

• David Brooks makes a compelling anti-impeachment argument. Not because Trump didn't commit an impeachable offense, he probably did - the weakness of the case against him notwithstanding, but because he is not going to be convicted by the Senate. The consequences for the Dems in pursuing impeachment and losing? Whoever they put up as their candidate is going to lose the 2020 presidential election to Trump; The cost to the Rs? Trumpism will be cemented as central to the Republican party.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It is a problem for President Donald Trump that it’s often impossible to tell what the hell he’s talking about. This is not one of those signature Trump defects that can readily be spun into a secret strength or as a subtle bit of advanced dealcraft that only experts and initiates can appreciate. His mind is a television that changes channels every three seconds and where every channel has an infomercial on it; it cycles day and night without ever quite cohering into a signal. There is plenty of noise, though, and because Trump so utterly lacks discernment he is constantly interrupting himself with some new bit or blurt. As a result, his average sentence is a parade of wild upstage moves in which whatever thought he’s had most recently is forever blundering into and past the one he had just begun to express—imagine one of those halftime shows at a NBA game in which people throw down wild dunks after leaping off trampolines except there’s a new guy jumping on the trampoline every second and there are frequent midair collisions. Trump also only knows about a hundred words, about a third of which refer to volume or size.

Comment

• File the articles of impeachment the day after the election. Allow the GOP Senators the opportunity to vote their consciences without the repercussions from Trump's cowering minions. Give the GOP the opportunity to regain their dignity on a personal level and party honor on an organizational level.

File the articles before the election and, as Jeff points out, it could cement treason, pathological lying, corruption and moral bankruptcy as pillars of the Republican party. Re-electing Trump pretty much guarantees Warren-Sanders-AOC types as president for the following 2-3 elections as a response to the current extreme political pendulum swing.

Demographics are changing. Moderation today should mitigate the extremists of tomorrow. Lets make the unnecessary idiocy of the current administration the exception, not the rule going forward.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I wish you had a moderate candidate

green new deals and the price tag it carries along with free medical care for all open borders and whatever they decide to do with the college debt is gonna start a epidemic of money flying out of this country and taking a lot of jobs with it

Comment

Working...
                                X