No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market took a sudden swing lower after the manufacturing data hit its worst number since June 2009, accelerating the decline from August. The ongoing GM strike (now in Week 3) will really start to have an impact this month if it isn't resolved. Parts manufacturers will probably start with temporary layoffs soon.

EDIT: Also, the strike impacts a lot of local communities in Michigan much more heavily than elsewhere. Around the time the strike started I heard an estimate as to when the strike could actually tip certain parts of Michigan into recession. I can't recall off the top of my head but I want to say it might have been around the 6 week mark. That would be the second paycheck missed, basically. Nearly all businesses of every sector near the plants starts to get severely squeezed at that point.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/01/us-m...-a-decade.html
    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; October 1, 2019, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      This is an interesting theory that I had not heard yet and it was published in a pro-Trump source.

Essentially Rudy Giuliani got conned by a former Ukrainian Prosecutor, Lutsenko, that he had "the goods" on Biden. Lutsenko was months away from being forced out and, as a way or surviving, may have figured it'd be valuable to have Trump and his personal attorney on his side. So he started making all kinds of promises to Rudy about how much info he had.

Zelensky fired Lutsenko at the end of August and has completely reversed himself, now saying he never had anything and Rudy incessantly prodded him to produce.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...ian-prosecutor
      If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker. - Mike McDermott

Comment

• The sudden drop in the market is currently from 27,000 to 26,700. Not quite 1929 numbers, despite the Ds most fervent wishes.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          The sudden drop in the market is currently from 27,000 to 26,700. Not quite 1929 numbers, despite the Ds most fervent wishes.
          Pointing out the harm TRADE WARZ are doing to American manufacturing is a worthwhile endeavor. Although Trump says it's all Jay Powell fault for not dropping rates to 0

Comment

• Comment

• Well, you can point out the manufacturing report. Pairing it with SUDDEN DROP LOWER is just silly. Or wishful thinking.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• So we know the DNC was trying to dig up dirt on trump in 2016

in fact politico did a nice little report on it

A Ukrainian-American operative who was consulting for the Democratic National Committee met with top officials in the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington in an effort to expose ties between Trump, top campaign aide Paul Manafort and Russia, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...#ixzz617ygYKLv
                Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

You
                throw in the fact that as giulliani says trump has a right to defend himself which is what finding the origins of the Russian investigation is all about.

but above all Ukraine hunterbiden john kerrys stepkid and china all involved in something all with corrpt joe as the ringleader

you think those 9 democratic debates aren't gonna touch on that the rest of the year and into the primaries

it stinks and it stinks real bad

biden isn't getting out from under this one

Comment

• Did you actually read the links you provided? What a waste of electrons. If you support Trump, then defend him with facts, not loopy right wing fantasy nonsense. But but Hillary!!! or But but Obama!!! is not a defense.

The recent "second hand info" defense shows how stupid Team Trump thinks his supporters are. Think of it this way: Talent shoots Wiz in front of Jeff, Liney, AA, Hannibal and Hack. Hannibal tells DSL that he just saw Talent off Wiz and names all the other witnesses. DSL, being an upright law abiding citizen reports the deed, how he came about the info and lists the witnesses. The police should not investigate because the info is "second hand"?!?

Legal note: Don't worry about Talent. The worst he could be charged with is discharging a firearm into a public nuisance, a 4th degree misdemeanor.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• talent shoots wiz. jeff liney AA Hannibal and hack all empty a round or two into for solidarity

DSL has nothing

this is now the forth time your executive branch has had it conversations with other executives leaked. that's a dangerous precedent--who wants to talk to any president that gets everything leaked.

trumps commnts about biden carried no quid proquo whatsoever. you have a fake Russian conspiracy theropry they basicallyt brought down a whole administration for three years and you don't think trump has a right to know what started and why are there so many Ukraine DNC Hillary/biden footprints all over the leadership of Ukraine and a lot of innuendo BS supposed Ukraine connections that started the whole counterintelligence probe into trumps campaign.

it doesnt worry you that biden son through profited by over 1.5 billion dollars directly from from china/Ukraine?

or do you deny that happened also

Comment

• not sure what I'm being asked to do there. You want me to shoot Wiz?

Tractor owners throughout Nebraska would put me on their hit list.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Crash finds it really offensive when the children of prominent politicians do international business while their dad is in office.

Crash, Hunter Biden is a talentless fuckup. I feel bad for the guy a little bit but obviously everything he's gotten is because of who his dad is instead of having any worthwhile skills himself. That said, what illegal actions are you alleging he committed? It's not illegal to get paid $50,000 a month to do nothing because your daddy is an influencer.

I'll remind you that this was all public knowledge in 2014-2015-2016. The master investigators you routinely cite are simply regurgitating old stories from NY Times reporters. Why didn't any Republicans raise this as a red flag issue a few years ago when it was actually happening? Is it because Biden wasn't running for President and they therefore didn't care?

I understand why you'd be all over this, though, because it's closely tied to the moronic Seth Rich stuff you swore up and down was true for years.

Comment

• It's amazing how many things Trump could expose if he'd only stop tweeting for a little bit and declassify Deep State material. Funny how he never seems to get around to that part.

Comment

• Crash, we're talking about Trump, not Biden or whoever. Stay on point.

Just months into his administration, Trump told the Russian ambassador that Russia interference didn't matter to him. Same meeting he blurted out Top Secret info provided by Israel. This was revealed by transcripts last week.

In April 2017, the US gov't approved the export license of 210 Javelin anti-tank missiles and 36 reusable launchers. Two months later, the DoD approves the transfer. One month later the Executive Branch 'delays' the transfer. But then on Dec 22nd, one week after Ukraine suddenly and without explanation drops its cooperation with the Mueller investigation, the missiles arrive in Ukraine. Hmmmm. Nothing wrong with withholding military supplies to a country that has been invaded by Russia and had its territory annexed until cooperation with a lawful investigation is dropped, right? Fast forward to 2019. The Ukrainian President in a phone call tells Trump that the Ukraine is about ready to buy more Javelins. What is Trump's response? I need a favor - dig dirt on my political opponent. Nothing wrong with that either? Trump's message is put my personal interest over everything else or I'll let the Russians walk through your country. Clear as day.

We are not close allies with Ukraine. We are sympathetic to their plight of being INVADED by Russia. Because of this invasion, we have sanctioned Russia, their intelligence services, Putin cohorts, and supporting Russian businesses. We were providing weapons and intelligence (at least under the previous administration) to help the Ukrainians. Remember Trump screaming and whining about sanctioning Russia until both houses of Congress passed the sanction bill in a veto proof margin and then the First Sniveler silently signed it?

In July 2017, Trump met with Putin in a meeting that had only those two and a single RUSSIAN interpreter present. What could they have discussed that was so sensitive that it was essential that NO AMERICANS be present. Not even an American interpreter. Something so sensitive that only the Russians can be allowed to know the contents. Doesn't sound like anything in the US national interest. That is the activity of a spy or a traitor.

Then a year later in Helsinki, Trump flatly states he disbelieves the US and allied intelligence services reports of Russian interference. Putin "made a forceful denial" and "I believe him". The sworn enemy of the US and democracy in general is believed over the greatest intelligence service in history. The stunned look on the faces of the intel community became even clearer last month.

A high level US spy, with access to what went across Putin's desk, was extracted from Russia with his family early in 2017. It was reported that some of the info he transmitted was directly related to US election interference. So Trump bellows "hoax" and 'witch hunt' when he had first hand intel showing in fact Russia did interfere. Those bald faced lies he spewed to the American public continue today.

So what do we have? A self serving liar that knew without a doubt the Russians interfered in our elections, but denies it. Someone who continues that lie today that his moronic base unceasingly laps up. Someone that holds an invaded nation hostage for weapons unless they serve his personal interest, not the US interests. More than once. Someone who meets with Putin for conversations that AMERICANS cannot be allowed to know the contents of, but it's fine the Russian gov't knows. Someone that disregards the intelligence vanguard of this nation. Someone that gleefully damaged long held alliances to the benefit of Russia. Someone who has made the USA the laughingstock of the world. Someone who has divided this nation like no other in history.

The man is a fucking Russian asset and a clear and present danger to the US. . I too wish we treated spies and traitors like the good old days.
                            Last edited by Ghengis Jon; October 1, 2019, 06:40 PM.
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Hours after Mike Pompeo says he will not allow State Dept employees to appear for depositions "at this time", the State Dept Inspector General (who is mostly independent from the rest of the State Dept.) requested an urgent meeting tomorrow to hand over relevant docs.

So did Pompeo use bluster publicly but send this guy behind the scenes? Or is he acting totally independently of Pompeo?

Kurt Volker, who resigned last Friday, and the former Ambassador to Ukraine have both volunteered to show up and testify over the next week. no word on anyone else yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...608_story.html

Comment

• A federal judge has ordered the Department of Justice to make up its mind on whether it will indict Andrew McCabe or the judge will order the public release of the "evidence" they have against him.

It's been heavily suspected that weeks ago the government FAILED to get a grand jury to indict McCabe and has been doing nothing since, but won't publicly exonerate him either

Judge Reggie Walton said he'd release documents in McCabe's case by Nov. 15 if the DOJ hasn't decided by then whether or not to charge him.

Comment

Working...
                                X