Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
    HR 1 is a bill for DC statehood. Pelosi is no fool.
    Next will be Puerto Rico. That will guarantee a total of 4 new senators and about 8-10 House Reps for The Party.

Elections have consequences. This one changes America permanently.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Puerto Rico is, at least, rational. PR has every indicia of a state. DC is nonsense.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Next will be Puerto Rico. That will guarantee a total of 4 new senators and about 8-10 House Reps for The Party.

Elections have consequences. This one changes America permanently.
        It's not happening. But for what it's worth DC + Puerto Rico would only be worth about 5-6 reps, not 8-10. Puerto Rico's been rapidly shrinking and it's comparable to the population of Iowa now.

Comment

• Pretty crazy...the rioters missed catching Pence and his family in a hallway by only 60 seconds. Probably have seen the footage of Officer Eugene Goodman leading the rioters on a wild good chase. Well, he was directing them away from Pence.

About one minute after the vice president was hustled out of the Senate chamber and into a nearby room, members of the pro-Trump mob arrived at the top of a nearby landing.

Comment

• It's a zero-sum gain. So the additional reps have to come from somewhere. That would affect the net gain. If the result is that 3 blue states lose a rep then it's 0 net.

But, obviously, the House isn't the concern. It's a pure Senate move.

Comment

• But, obviously, the House isn't the concern. It's a pure Senate move.
              Truth. Adding those two as "states" guarantees 4 permanent democrat senators-for-life, like we have here in Michigan. It does increase the number needed for a majority as well, but with KamalaJoe eliminating borders, and giving illegals voting rights, things for The Party are cruising along very well.

Comment

• HR 1 will fail. The District of Columbia was Constitutionally specified as a federal district under the exclusive jurisdiction of Congress.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Right. And that was my point re Puerto Rico. PR has a government set up. They have means of disbursing services. They are a territory, but if they were turned into a state tomorrow there would zero noticable changes. DC is run by Congress. They have no government. They have no real means of disbursing services other than perhaps through city government? The entire infrastructure would have to be built up and added.

So, PR is, at least, a rational choice. DC is nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    It's a zero-sum gain. So the additional reps have to come from somewhere. That would affect the net gain. If the result is that 3 blue states lose a rep then it's 0 net.

But, obviously, the House isn't the concern. It's a pure Senate move.
                    I have been advocating for a while now to expand the House. We've been frozen at an artificial ceiling for a century now.

Comment

• Who cares about the Constitution? Not The Party. Free speech by anything remotely sounding like dissent is being wiped out. People who are the future of The Party are wanting dissenters fired from their jobs and jailed for opposing them.

A minor matter of having the USSC rule in favor of The Party to make DC a state is going to be an easy fix. All they need is a wishy-washy vote from Roberts, and they're on their way.

Comment

• There's zero way any of this happens, Liney, with the filibuster in place. There's a slim chance the filibuster gets removed (Manchin seems dead set against it). I think there's even a slimmer chance that Manchin would vote for it.

Now, if the Rs get pantsed in 2022 and 2024 then it's coming. But, for now, the Senate remains pegged to sensibilities of Manchin.

Comment

• Michigan National Guardsmen setting up fencing at the Capitol.

Gretch and Nessie now are avid supporters of law enforcement and the rule of law. Welcome to the light.

891bcf91-d3f3-4933-ab24-6cb630f2d563-2021-0115-dm-me-lansing-fencing0644.jpg?width=660&height=474&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp.jpg

"What if they had a riot, and nobody showed up?"

Comment

• ...dems...the party that claimed at the BHO inaguration..."...hey those are OUR planes now..."
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It all comes down to a vote on doing away with the filibuster. That has to happen if any of the nightmare scenarios are to occur.

I wonder what happens if a Dem senator dies or resigns. Is the Senate allowed to switch from one party control to the other party control during the 2-year congressional term?

Comment

• I think this whole military buildup thing is a bunch of hooey, but The Party needs to send the message that they are in control.

Dissent will not be tolerated, honorable or otherwise.

The least they could have done was give the military people some cots to sleep on. Looks like most of them were sacked out on the floor of the Capitol.

Hopefully the military folks brought their smart phones with them so they can watch the NFL playoffs this weekend. They'll need something to pass the time, waiting for the hordes of heavily armed right wing extremists to show up. Hint: .. they aren't showing ...

But hey... visuals can go a long way in strengthening The Party's rule...
                                Last edited by lineygoblue; January 15, 2021, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X