Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go easy on Jon, there Wiz.

He's just waiting with baited breath to see the sweeping changes that Queen Kamala will bring to politics at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

He doesn't have long to wait now.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well, at least Michigan is good for something nowadays.

This is a picture of a few of the semi-trucks pulling out of the Pfizer lab warehouse in Portage Michigan loaded with doses of Covid vaccine, headed to all parts of the country.

As a former trucker, I say Godspeed to all the truckers who have the honor of carrying this cargo. Keep the shiny side up, and the dirty side down. Safe travels.

AP20348472948991-e1607868818544.jpg?ve=1&tl=1.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        If Biden even so much as nominates Cuomo for AG I am gonna puke
        Doubt it Cuomo is gearing up for a 2024 run if Biden doesn't go again. Easier to do that as GOv of NY
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Looks like Mayor Pete will be in a Biden administration. Without his wealthy donor support---Biden would not have had the cash his campaign desperately needed. Biden has said that Mayor Pete is the future of the Dem party. (Pardon me I need to go throw up at that-----------------back now). So what is his price?

Biden offered him OMB and Pete turned it down. He was offered to run the VA and Pete turned it down. Pete wants to be the ambassador to China---so he can fill in that missing spot on his presidential resume.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• The Treasury Dept and part of the Commerce Dept were both hacked by a foreign government this week. Still not sure if other agencies may have been breached. There was an emergency National Security council meeting yesterday

Comment

• I'm surprised that Mayor Pete and his wife/husband weren't offered the ambassadorship to Saudi Arabia.

Comment

• This is the guy that has been Sydney Powell's partner-in-crime in all the election lawsuits.

As Jonah Goldberg put it, what's easier to believe? That all these people and groups were part of a conspiracy or that Lin Wood is being paid to sabotage the Georgia runoffs and make Republicans look as nutty as possible?

Comment

• Don't know how you all see this but the revelation that a Russian group is behind recent high level hacks is, to me, a huge deal.....and, right, this isn't anything new. The Russians have ben behind all sorts of espionage that's been made public going back to the shit that went on with the DNC in 2015/16.

But the unprecedented confluence of the pandemic, the racial unrest prompted by the George Floyd killing and now the assault on America's election system makes me think Putin is skillfully leveraging multiple events aimed at brining America to heel. Let there be no doubt that the PRC is in on this too with separate but parallel strategic objectives - the destabilization and undoing of American global power and influence.

I see Donald Trump as an unwitting accomplice being duped by Xi, his minions and Putin and his - two who are both smart and command subordinates who are equally so. You want a conspiracy? I offer this one: we are under attack by our two primary threats on the global scene. The battle field is social media and the cyber space that supports it.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I agree with everything you stated except the use of the word "unwitting".

Here's something that sounds like its coming out of a John LeCarre novel. Russia's equivalent of Air Force One was broken into and 39 pieces of "radio equipment" were stolen. They only noticed because of a routine inspection. Riiiiiight. I see James Bond making away with an insane intelligence haul. No matter what happened, why the hell would Russia mention it at all?

Russian police are investigating a break-in at a top-secret airborne nuclear command center, nicknamed the “doomsday plane.”
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Timely in that John le Carré died today.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The hack that Jeff and I commented on yesterday is turning out to be a massive breach related to SolarWinds products. Goes back all the way to March possibly. A huge swath of the federal government is likely compromised and potentially many large companies.

Comment

• Jon was QAnon before QAnon. QAJon.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            The hack that Jeff and I commented on yesterday is turning out to be a massive breach related to SolarWinds products. Goes back all the way to March possibly. A huge swath of the federal government is likely compromised and potentially many large companies.
                            I don't think the public will know the extent. There will be plenty of media speculation, most of it wrong, and planned mis and disinformation from both sides. This kind of stuff is a cat and mouse game of challenges and counterchallenges. This one is being played out a bit more publicly and I think there is intent, on the US side, for that.

In a decade or so, maybe longer, we'll know how damaging or not the breach was. I think revelation of it was undertaken with national security interests in mind. It's a bit surprising that the Trump administration allowed it and I would not be a bit surprised that Trump himself opposed release of it given his bromance with Vlad. I can see a leak that made the breach public and a decision that given that, a decision was made to control the information being released rather than let other entities do that.

There are several events in US intelligence history where the CIA, NSA or any of it's related agencies went over the Chief Executives head ostensibly to gain an upper hand in the battle for critical intelligence information.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Google is completely dead worldwide right now, speaking of potential hacks.

Comment

• It's back now but that was pretty weird. For an hour or so Google was dead as a doornail across the globe.

Comment

Working...
                                X