Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

It's purely political. There would be a lot less backlash if f COVID didn't happen in an election year and wasn't such a rich opportunity for political weaponization.
    That and the internet: the best and worst invention that mind kind is blessed and burdened with. People go to a blog or do Google searches and think they are epidemiologists, scientists, structural engineers, herpetologists, and constitutional scholars, and all before lunch.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Has there been long term adverse effects with other vaccines in the past? Serious question. I really don't know. I just find it odd that there's so much backlash to this particular vaccine.
      The Covid-19 vaccine is not a vaccine in the traditional sense. It's new technology. I don't default to fear of new technology, but I don't blame anyone with a 99.999% survival chance of Covid-19 deciding that the unknown risk of chronic effects down the road looms larger than just the virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

That and the internet: the best and worst invention that mind kind is blessed and burdened with. People go to a blog or do Google searches and think they are epidemiologists, scientists, structural engineers, herpetologists, and constitutional scholars, and all before lunch.
        That's true. There's also a "the lady doth protest too much, methinks.." factor at work here.

Comment

• Pfizer vaccine is fully approved.

time to find another bullshit excuse…
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Pfizer vaccine is fully approved.

time to find another bullshit excuse…
            nah, it's my body, my choice, fuck off. That hasn't changed.

Comment

• My Body. My Choice. Works for Roe V Wade...right Progs?
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

I don't think that case as much as this comment is made. You don't need to be an expert on virology to disagree with lifestyle policy decisions and health mandates imposed by virologists. Virologists cannot tell you what the long term risks of mRNA vaccines are, because nobody knows. They also have no special credibility when it comes to the moral tradeoff between forcing a medication on somebody to protect somebody else who who has voluntarily chosen not to take that medication. That's a complex decision that involves examining history to see how that type of power has been abused in the past, and other nuances.

Comment

• I wish it were possible to eliminate the religious exemptions.
                  I respectfully disagree. I was raised around a lot of good, law-abiding people who only wish to be left alone to practice their faith without government interference. These are honest, hard working people who do violence to nobody, and keep to their own business. They simply wish to rely on God to provide their well-being. That's as American as any law ever written in this country.

FTR, when and if my doctor tells me its time to roll up my sleeve for a booster, I'll do it. But I also respect the next guy's right to say, "sorry, I respectfully decline". That's what we allow in America. When we stop doing that, we stop being America.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    My Body. My Choice. Works for Roe V Wade...right Progs?
                    If you don't believe in a woman's right to choose, GTFOH with that bullshit.

So, You support a woman's right to choose, right?

Right?
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      That's what we allow in America. When we stop doing that, we stop being America.
                      Pay close attention CGVT

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I don't think that case as much as this comment is made. You don't need to be an expert on virology to disagree with lifestyle policy decisions and health mandates imposed by virologists. Virologists cannot tell you what the long term risks of mRNA vaccines are, because nobody knows. They also have no special credibility when it comes to the moral tradeoff between forcing a medication on somebody to protect somebody else who who has voluntarily chosen not to take that medication. That's a complex decision that involves examining history to see how that type of power has been abused in the past, and other nuances.
                        If someone’s internet searches have led them to believe that the virologists who have developed the mRNA Covid vaccines have done so fool heartedly, they can opt for the Johnson&Johnson which, as you know, relies on more traditional vaccine technology.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I respectfully disagree. I was raised around a lot of good, law-abiding people who only wish to be left alone to practice their faith without government interference. These are honest, hard working people who do violence to nobody, and keep to their own business. They simply wish to rely on God to provide their well-being. That's as American as any law ever written in this country.

FTR, when and if my doctor tells me its time to roll up my sleeve for a booster, I'll do it. But I also respect the next guy's right to say, "sorry, I respectfully decline". That's what we allow in America. When we stop doing that, we stop being America.
                          Liney,

I know DSL disagrees that it is easy, but when my now grown son was in school, all you had to do was sign a religious exemption form. Lots did. I feel most weren’t sincere in some religious belief to get out of a MMR and TDAP. Yeah, we had a measles outbreak in the area and it still kinda pisses me off. So, my comment really wasn’t borne from Covid vaccinations. Maybe things have changed and DSL is right and it’s harder to claim you worship some mythological deity that will protect you from disease and opt out and endanger the populace.

Comment

If someone’s internet searches have led them to believe that the virologists who have developed the mRNA Covid vaccines have done so fool heartedly, they can opt for the Johnson&Johnson which, as you know, relies on more traditional vaccine technology.
                            not FDA approved lol

Comment

• Anyway. Sick to fucking tears of Covid talk. Climbing outta this rabbit hole and looking for anything else to talk about.

Comment

• The final Arizona #Fraudit report will be delayed as 3 out of 5 Cyberninjas have suddenly come down with covid and are "quite sick".

Comment

Working...
                                X