No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope that he doesn't run, but I think it's better than 50/50 now that he will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

I'll take your word for it, and the video is interesting. I simply disagree with you and Kapture. You may well be right. . I guess we can agree to disagree. and that is OK. The political parties have done a complete reversal since Will Rogers said "...I belong to no organized political party. I'm a Democrat..."

I watch some CNN and some MSNBC every day, and it is all about Trump. That is the single unifying message that almost all Dems agree with. Get down to the nitty-gritty of the Omnibus reconciliation bill, and close to zero of the major initiatives have 50% support among likely voters.

You and Kapture need to remember that we have two parties in this country, the EVIL party and the STUPID party. You notice the Dems here are always trying to claim that both parties are about the same. They are assuredly not. I just think that someone other than Trump is the smart choice for Republicans. Maybe you are right and the primaries will give the nomination to Trump. I think winning is more important than fielty to an ex-president. That election will be a target-rich environment for the Rs, and it is stupid to introduce a variable like Trump.

But it is a stupid party.
      lol, the evil party

I don't dispute the Stupid Party moniker though. Accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Can you give me a link so I can hear him say that for myself?

I thought not.
        A look back at some of the things US presidential hopeful Donald Trump has said about Mexico during his election campaign.

Comment

• I had little hope that Biden would stabilize things back in January, but nope. His presidency has gone more like:

Dropping Michael Scott GIF by Prime Video UK

FiveThirtyEight net approval rating from +19.7 in early February to -5.0 right now. Think about that… at minimum*, a 24.7 swing according to polls. That’s absurd.
          It’s only going to get worse if the economy (prices, supply chain, airlines drama, etc) doesn’t get better during the holiday season.

A long ways to go until 2024, but it’s been almost worst case scenario for Biden since January. How can you disagree?
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Stems from an incident outside Trump Tower in 2015 after the infamous "Mexicans are rapists and killers" speech
            like I said, cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
              I had little hope that Biden would stabilize things back in January, but nope. His presidency has gone more like:

Dropping Michael Scott GIF by Prime Video UK

FiveThirtyEight net approval rating from +19.7 in early February to -5.0 right now. Think about that… at minimum*, a 24.7 swing according to polls. That’s absurd.
              It’s only going to get worse if the economy (prices, supply chain, airlines drama, etc) doesn’t get better during the holiday season.

A long ways to go until 2024, but it’s been almost worst case scenario for Biden since January. How can you disagree?
              It's actually been a shorter window than that. Things turned really south for Biden at the start of August with Afghanistan. Until mid-summer his approval barely changed. Since then, oof

Comment

• Just like they believe Trump was endorsing drinking bleach, calling Nazis fine people, claiming Covid was a hoax, colluding with Russia, banning Muslims from entering the US, locking kids in cages during 0bama's presidency and so on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                  Just like they believe Trump was endorsing drinking bleach, calling Nazis fine people, claiming Covid was a hoax, colluding with Russia, banning Muslims from entering the US, locking kids in cages during 0bama's presidency and so on.
                  The positive to all of that is that all of these are the products of perpetual liars. It's not good enough that they've gotten rid of Trump, so they have to keep coming up with ever more preposterous nonsense. Eventually, they'll lose all credibility. Electing a short-circuited animatron like Biden was just the start of what should be an amusing, if slightly terrifying, run up to the next election.
                  Last edited by Tom W; October 14, 2021, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• At least Halo be coming out in Dec I can hopefully distract myself for another 3 years.

Comment

• Not quite. Heavily edited by the BBC. The speech you referenced was in 2015 when he announced for President.

he said:

"When do we beat Mexico at the border? They're laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they're killing us economically.

The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else's problems.

(APPLAUSE)

Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

full text of his speech at https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...sidential-bid/
                      Last edited by Da Geezer; October 14, 2021, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                        At least Halo be coming out in Dec I can hopefully distract myself for another 3 years.
                        How the fuck can you not be sick of Halo yet?

Comment

• I see where Andrew McCabe is getting his pension back. And record of his firing expunged.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Good a motherfucker be more out of touch and full of shit than Gym Jordan. Un fucking believable.

And the worst part is the rubes believe this shit and pass it on.
                              Last edited by CGVT; October 14, 2021, 07:20 PM.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• To answer that question — yes. Our President makes Jordan look positively astute.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X