No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinclair Broadcasting has been hit by a ransomware attack and had data stolen. They're one of the two largest owners of local tv stations across the country.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...5680dex991.htm

Comment

• Colin Powell has died of Covid.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That is too bad. Really is. That's one full life, though. And Covid is a problem for anyone over 80 -- vaccinated or not. It's devastating to that demographic.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Colin Powell has died of Covid.
          Damn, RIP.

Comment

• On top of being 84, it sounds like Powell had multiple myeloma and Parkinsons

I guess his wife was hospitalized too but recovered.

Comment

• Colin Powell was a great American. I was always felt bad that he got pulled into the Iraq ruse and, to his credit, admits that is a stain on his record.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                Colin Powell has died of Covid.
                Thank God he was vaccinated or it could have been so much worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  The Loudon stuff is shocking. It really is. But, it's the world that Progressives want. It's a fucked up world where, inter alia, crime isn't measured by the act itself but who the victim is and who the perpetrator is. In fact, the latter is the first litmus test to whether something is a crime in Progressive Utopia. That's where the Chairman and Ds want to take us.
                  Circling back to this comment because I didn't have time to fully respond at the time.

I heard a first hand story a couple months ago from an acquaintance who frequently visits my next door neighbor. He was driving his brand new car on a nearby freeway when he got caught up in a road rage incident involving two other cars. He slowed way down to avoid the other cars that were driving erratically and swerving all over the road. He ended up getting caught in the middle lane and one the road ragers leans out the window with some sort of gun. He thinks he's toast but it turns out to be a paintball gun. The perp proceeded to rake the side of his car with red paint which washed off but all the little dents added up to over a $1,000 in damage.

He pulled off at the next exit and called 911 from a gas station. 45 minutes later a guy shows up to take a report and says nothing is likely to come of it despite having a picture of the car with the license plate and a description of the perp. After not hearing anything form the police for a few days he goes down to the station to talk to someone. After getting the run around, a detective finally gives him a few minutes. The victim of the crime tells the detective the above story. The detective asks for a description of the person with the paintball gun. A black woman. Immediately upon hearing those words, the detective just threw his hands up and said "welp, there's really nothing we can do!" That was the response this man got after being nearly ran off the road at 70 MPH and eating a $1,000 repair bill. He had a picture of the car with the license plate visible and legible and a description of the person who inflicted the damage. The guy was obviously pissed and pressed the detective on why they wouldn't do anything. His response: "Hey, the County Sheriff is out marching with BLM and the prosecutors won't prosecute low level crimes against particular demographics" (paraphrased).

Not taking "no" for an answer, the victim kept going back to the station to press his complaint. He told them I'm just gonna keep coming down every day until you do something. After 4 or 5 days a different detective came out and talked to him and she knew who the perpetrator was. Turns out shooting up cars with a paintball gun is that woman's MO. She's also been in and out prison for connections to homicides. A real winner. I'm not sure what happened after that. I'll need to ask him the next time I see him.

Anyway. More real-world evidence, albeit anecdotal, of the societal damage inflicted by the Woke Supremacy.
                  Last edited by Mike; October 18, 2021, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Powell was probably infected by a non-masking non-vaxing selfish prick Trumper...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• There is absolutely nothing suprising about that story, Mike. Sadly.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• amazing a rookie truck driver at talledega could create a national movement

Meanwhile Jon gruden as much as i dont like him seems to be getting royally screwed. ostrasized by all of society for emails that arguably should never have been released

remember this all started with theowner of the redskins being accused of promoting an environment women were allegedly being harassed in.

700000 emails and a years worth of investigation and they decide gruden is the fall guy for a lip and a queer comment

meanwhile probably 1/10th of the league has actual physical crimes in their background involving assults, criminal charges they got out of or pleaded down or bought off entirely

moral of story.

thought crimes> real crimes

Comment

• Gruden was right about Goodell
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yep.

Comment

• Possibly big moves happening at the Supreme Court on abortion this week. They've ordered Texas to respond to two different suits by Thursday at noon. One was brought by the DOJ, the other by an abortion provider.

This had led to a lot of speculation as to what might be happening, even the possibility that the Texas stuff could wind up merged with the Mississippi case (Dobbs) that's supposed to be argued on Dec. 1

The U.S. Supreme Court signaled a quick resolution to the latest challenge to Texas' landmark abortion law Monday, hours after the Department of Justice under President Biden asked the court to block the law, which bans abortions once medical professionals can detect cardiac activity.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X