No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ukrainians also said that they had been told that Zelensky's part of conversation wouldn't be released. Whoops. His comments included a bit of bashing of Angela Merkel...which he probably only did because everyone knows Trump doesn't like her.

Comment

• Erick Erickson has a Republican source claiming the whistleblower report was really bad for Trump, no matter what Republicans may say in public. Sounds like it cited specific people, documents, that Congress will be able to subpoena. Take it very much FWIW

Comment

• In fairness, Joe Biden should also release all transcripts of his conversations with the Ukrainian leader.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          In fairness, Joe Biden should also release all transcripts of his conversations with the Ukrainian leader.
          Trump actually has the power to do that tonight. Don't need Biden's permission. Why hasn't he done that yet, if it would prove his case once and for all?

Comment

• Reminder that the Inspector General, Atkinson, was appointed by Trump. Also in the TImes is a new claim that the whistle-blower accused the White House of "mishandling" the phone call with Zelansky in some way.

Dunno if the "illegal campaign contribution" was dirt on Biden or something else.

EFWgkqJWkAACBAZ?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

New details have emerged about the intelligence officer who raised alarms about the president’s pressure on Ukraine to open inquiries that could benefit him politically.

Comment

• lol, the whistle-blower really might be Bolton. That would be amazing. Whoever it is has a lot of knowledge about National Security Council procedures and/or talks to a lot of people on it.

The complaint itself is heavily detailed and annotated. A lot to sift through. Supposedly based on information gathered from over a dozen, mostly WH, officials. The WB just gathered the info and brought it forward.

Comment

• I should again note that the WB complaint is a list of allegations.

The Inspector General did a preliminary investigation of these allegations and compiled his own report. We DO NOT have that report but we know his conclusion: the allegations were credible and "urgent". THAT is when the complaint was passed to the Director who is testifying today and will probably have to explain why he took it to the DOJ and White House instead of giving it to Congress.

Comment

• I'm really not sure how the politics of this play out. There's no question there Ds are going to proceed. There's no question he won't be removed. And there's no question that as of today the Ds are on the losing side of this politically, especially where it counts. If we see Senator Tillis start to back away then there may be something to it. He is currently mocking this shit.

I reiterate. The Ds have PDJT beat. I mean, beat. They don't need to do this. He's gone in a year. I'm not sure if this damages him or helps him or does nothing. But, I do firmly believe the Ds have the winning hand as it stands now. They have a pair and PDJT is sitting their with 8 high. So, IMO you play your cards. You don't toss your pair and draw to a flush.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• bottom line is biden is on tape bragging about how he got rid of that prosecuter. might be an effort by many to want to get rid of him but biden takes all the credit.

should have recused himself as vice president when he knew his son was being investigated by the same prosecuter

china/biden connections now coming to the forfront

1.5 billion dollars to hunter and company a guy who cant even finish his naval reserve commitment

gotta think somebody is going to hammer biden in their next debate oin this one

Comment

• Boy, I finally read the whole transcript of the call -- the Ds are going to really need their media folks to chop this up and sell it. I mean, it's non-Presidential. It's unseemly. But, man, impeachable seems a real stretch to me. That said, one has to wonder we ever investigate political opponents/relatives. Perhaps, as a rule, the answer is that those folks are immune because of the appearances.

The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.

President Zelenskyy: Yes it is very important for me and everything that you just mentioned earlier. For me as a President, it is very important and we are open for any future cooperation. We are ready to open a new page on cooperation in relations between the United States and Ukraine. For that purpose, I just recalled our ambassador from United States and he will be replaced by a very competent and very experienced ambassador who will work hard on making sure that our two nations are getting closer. I would also like and hope to see him having your trust and your confidence and have personal relations with you so we can cooperate even more so. I will personally tell you that one of my assistants spoke with Mr. Giuliani just recently and we are hoping very much that Mr. Giuliani will be able to travel to Ukraine and we will meet once he comes to Ukraine. I just wanted to assure you once again that you have nobody but friends around us. I will make sure that I surround myself with the best and most experienced people. I also wanted to tell you that we are friends. We are great friends and you Mr. President have friends in our country so we can continue our strategic partnership. I also plan to surround myself with great people and in addition to that investigation, I guarantee as the President of Ukraine that all the investigations will be done openly and candidly.. That I can assure you.

The President: Good because I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                        bottom line is biden is on tape bragging about how he got rid of that prosecuter. might be an effort by many to want to get rid of him but biden takes all the credit.

should have recused himself as vice president when he knew his son was being investigated by the same prosecuter

china/biden connections now coming to the forfront

1.5 billion dollars to hunter and company a guy who cant even finish his naval reserve commitment

gotta think somebody is going to hammer biden in their next debate oin this one
                        Biden can brag about anything he wants to brag about. It's stupid, but that's all it is: bragging. This prosecutor was getting canned whether or not Biden was involved. I already said he should have recused or let Kerry do it. But there's no "scandal" there beyond that. Just a diversion to try and get people to focus on something other than Trump (likely) pressuring a foreign govt to give him dirt on a political opponent. And I doubt he cared much if the dirt was fabricated.

Comment

• This prosecutor was getting canned whether or not Biden was involved.
                          I mean, Ukraine was getting the aid whether they helped PDJT or not. So....

Biden is running for President. If he were a non-consequential putz then fine. But if he did the same basic shit -- use his position of authority to "pressure" a foreign government for his own benefit then it's not just something you write off as "it was going to happen anyway."

Comment

• Talent- Read the WB complaint next. I've only skimmed but there's more to this than just the call transcript. The IG Report is out too and I haven't even looked.

The White House never provided a decent explanation from anyone as to why military aid was frozen one week before the phone call. Even Mitch McConnell has said this.

Comment

• All in all, this a complete boon to Fauxcahontas, are soon-to-be next President. Dear god.

Comment

• I understand what talent is talking about but this thing is so effing stupid I'm not sure standing by and doing nothing is an option. When the Inspector General raises the issue and they prevent him from delivering the report to congress it is very hard to ignore.

From the politics side it may hurt support among the swing district members of congress but it doesn't seem Trump will gain support.

Comment

Working...
                                X