No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An inquiry is not the same as articles of impeachment. An inquiry is a bone thrown to those demanding impeachment. It is the start of a process, not the end result. Trumpanzees and those suffering from political Stockholm Syndrome in the Senate will not vote to convict under any circumstances. Trump could rape babies in the street and the GOP Senate would vote to acquit. Impeachment would have no effect on the election. Just as many fence sitters who would become Trump voters due to impeachment would be as numerous as those who would become non-Trump voters. Energize his base? Who cares? They're going to the polls 100% anyway whether or not Trump is building vanity walls or raping babies.

Impeachment is not the path to use for effective management of Trump's atrocities. The loyal opposition should continue to broadcast and investigate every mistake, statement, rumor and misaction by Trump at every opportunity. Keep the self absorbed, narcissistic, megalomaniac focused on his precious ego rather than his continued destruction of this nation pursuing a policy of self interest.

Hearings are fine to distract, articles don't serve a definable goal, (besides simply doing the right thing).
    Last edited by Ghengis Jon; September 25, 2019, 09:15 AM.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Transcript shows Trump mentioned that the US had been very good to Ukraine but this hadn't necessarily been reciprocated. (See Page 2)

On Page 3 Trump starts asking for "favors" related to the Russia investigation. Talks a lot about how Zelensky needs to be working with Giuliani. On page 4 he specifically asks that Zelensky investigate the firing of the prosecutor and specifically mentions Hunter Biden and then Biden himself. I'll note that Zelensky specifically asks to be provided with any evidence that the Bidens did wrong...which sort of implies he doesn't currently have much of anything.

BTW Trump keeps mentioning that AG Barr would be getting involved and as far as we know he didn't. The DOJ has vehemently denied he had anything to do with Rudy's shenanigans.

The Trump administration has released an unclassified transcript of President Trump's July phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Comment

• Obviously, those who will want to defend Trump will say there was no explicit qui pro quo. And that's true. Trump never says "Investigate the Bidens or ELSE!" at any point.

But when the leader of the most powerful country in the world calls you up...and you desperately need the money that he's put on hold...and he says he's been so good to you but you haven't been so nice in return...and then asks for "favors", including investigating bad things about someone who "coincidentally" is a political rival...does the message need to be explicitly said?

I'm trying to remain objective here, but it stretches my credulity to be asked to believe that there isn't at least an implied quid pro quo here.

Comment

• shaddup
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• There's a bit of a consensus this morning that while Impeachment proceedings will put downward pressure on stock markets, the specter of Elizabeth Warren getting the Dem nomination and there being no viable R candidate to oppose her is the biggest boogey man ..... or woman I guess.
            No shit the stock markets aren't going to be a fan of Warren (or any D).

I agree with Liney -- fucking impeach him already. Personally, I say you have 1 more year. Ride it out. You're almost there. But, shit or get off the pot at this point. The thing with Ukraine is basically undisputed at this point. You can argue what the facts mean or don't mean (quid pro quo or not), but they're pretty well established. This isn't Russia where shit was being made up. But the facts are there.

So, to quote Marlo, "Do it or don't. I got places to be."

But, to quote Omar, "If you come at the king, you best not miss."

I can't conceive of a PDJT that is more emboldened and more brazen, but I sure as shit think he'll ratchet it up if he beats impeachment and gets re-elected. So, heed Omar's words.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I agree with Liney -- fucking impeach him already. Personally, I say you have 1 more year. Ride it out. You're almost there. But, shit or get off the pot at this point. The thing with Ukraine is basically undisputed at this point. You can argue what the facts mean or don't mean (quid pro quo or not), but they're pretty well established. This isn't Russia where shit was being made up. But the facts are there.

So, to quote Marlo, "Do it or don't. I got places to be."

But, to quote Omar, "If you come at the king, you best not miss."

I can't conceive of a PDJT that is more emboldened and more brazen, but I sure as shit think he'll ratchet it up if he beats impeachment and gets re-elected. So, heed Omar's words.
                Yes, bring it on, Dems. Those in the middle, who you've effectively ignored since before the 2016 election, have sat around with amused patience for too long. Time to Ante up and be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                  An inquiry is not the same as articles of impeachment. An inquiry is a bone thrown to those demanding impeachment. It is the start of a process, not the end result. Trumpanzees and those suffering from political Stockholm Syndrome in the Senate will not vote to convict under any circumstances. Trump could rape babies in the street and the GOP Senate would vote to acquit. Impeachment would have no effect on the election. Just as many fence sitters who would become Trump voters due to impeachment would be as numerous as those who would become non-Trump voters. Energize his base? Who cares? They're going to the polls 100% anyway whether or not Trump is building vanity walls or raping babies.

Impeachment is not the path to use for effective management of Trump's atrocities. The loyal opposition should continue to broadcast and investigate every mistake, statement, rumor and misaction by Trump at every opportunity. Keep the self absorbed, narcissistic, megalomaniac focused on his precious ego rather than his continued destruction of this nation pursuing a policy of self interest.

Hearings are fine to distract, articles don't serve a definable goal, (besides simply doing the right thing).
                  The Senate wouldn't necessarily acquit. There are still more than enough Cuckservative Republicans waiting to revert back to their old ways.

Comment

• The conventional narrative seems to be that impeachment is going to create a backlash that greatly favors the President, but I'm not sure that's true at this point

Comment

• So basically, nothing significant will happen... again. NICE.

Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Yes, bring it on, Dems. Those in the middle, who you've effectively ignored since before the 2016 election, have sat around with amused patience for too long. Time to Ante up and be done.
                      Amen to that.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• File the articles of impeachment on November 5, 2020. Give President Pence a chance to eff things up for a few months before President Dem takes office in 2021. Wouldn't affect the election.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Erick Erickson (of all people) raises a good point about the Biden side of this. Biden was simply the messenger in firing this Prosecutor. It was the official policy of the Obama administration. And really, the official policy for all the NATO/Western Alliance. If Biden hadn't delivered the threat, it would've been John Kerry or the Ambassador or someone else.

It's reasonable to argue that Biden should have maybe stepped aside, recused himself, to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest. But it's ridiculous to portray this as a one-man show where Biden single-handedly got the guy fired.

Comment

• Sasse also said the Administration shouldn't attack the whistleblower in the way their distributed talking points suggest they plan to do. And he urged both sides to slow down, Dems too

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; September 25, 2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Last edited by Cody_Russell; September 25, 2019, 06:29 PM.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Ukrainian official tells ABC that they pretty much understood that Trump would only take a call from Zelensky on the condition that they discuss Biden. US officials before the call raised the issue "many times"

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ukra...ry?id=65863043
                                Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; September 25, 2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X