Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    The Cohen sentencing document says that he cooordinated and committed election-related felonies at the direction of Individual-1

a personal expendature isn't a felony.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      Kap, get back with you ....?

I don't think so. You and I have some common ground on the Trump administration's national and international policies that matter. But we do not share common ground on DJT's character, intelligence or the way he comports himself as the President of the United States. You see what you see and I see what I see. Different views between you and me regarding the President's conduct with his international peers, his belief system and how that affects his decision making where US interests internationally are concerned do not make for useful discourse.
      get back with me on how I'm right about the Chinese.

forget Trump for a second. they don't respect weakness.

and you will never convince me otherwise. i.e. Grand Commander vs Little Potato

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

a personal expendature isn't a felony.
        These were illegal campaign contributions and the SDNY makes it clear that they believe Trump was coordinating and directing Cohen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

These were illegal campaign contributions and the SDNY makes it clear that they believe Trump was coordinating and directing Cohen.
          never has an individual plead to a crime they didn't commit to get a lesser sentence on an unrelated crime.

doesn't really matter because a plea deal for a non crime doesn't apply to anyone other than the defendant accepting the plea. you know im right on this but getting Trump TRUMPS logic. because Cohen is a bitch and didn't want to fight a highly partisan attorney in court and win doesn't mean Trump committed a crime. this isn't Soviet Russia
          Last edited by Kapture1; December 7, 2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Robert Mueller is closing in on the president and all his men.

Comment

• Build a wall around the course!

NEW YORK (AP) — A Guatemalan living in the U.S. illegally who says she faced abusive working conditions as a maid at Donald Trump's New Jersey golf club doesn't regret speaking out, even though she might lose her job and be deported.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Froot, I'll go with "all the President's men," but I don't think he's going to get the Don.

Trump has plausible deniability regarding his active engagement in arranging or coordinating, Russian interference in the presidential election. My take is that while his conduct during the campaign, not surprisingly, was questionable, he probably can't be accused of or credibly prosecuted for a crime..... while he is sitting as President.

That's not to say that after the Mueller report is released and digested by Congress that they won't impeach him but I don't think they will. The best option for the D's at this point is to start working on a platform and finding a candidate that is appealing to voters who voted for Trump because Hillary was a crook but now realize they chose between two awful choices for President and chose the awfullest.

Now, Donald, as a private citizen may be up against it.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I have my doubts too. The scenario is getting to be pretty worst-case in terms of the extent of collusion, and when the National Security Advisor skates because of information he's given, obviously the investigation thinks it can bring down the biggest of fish. But I'll believe it when I see it. That said, IMO it's hard to underestimate the importance of throwing as many people in jail as possible over this. The president may not be a Russian agent, or compromised and pliant, but what Russia's getting out of him isn't significantly different than if he were an agent, or compromised and pliant. The polity has to declare that an unequivocally bad thing that anyone in the future should fear repeating.

Comment

• you should have your doubts. All the calls to lock him up, in the end it's going to be people around him that committed some low level process crimes (where there wouldn't be the existence of the crime had there been no investigation. Not that it wouldn't have been uncovered, but that the crime would have never been broken), and some crimes that are completely unrelated.

If the democrat base has been sold this garbage for 2 years, they are going to demand impeachment. This is going to either forced the dems in congress to make a run at it. Ultimately will be unsuccessful at removing him, and that will cause a backlash against dems in congress from independents and republicans. Ever want to see the wagons circled on Trump, that's how it will happen, which is not good news for 2020. Either that or face the backlash from their base for not attempting impeachment which is also not good news. The worst case scenario for dems is no Trump Russia bombshell in the report, but something just enough for their base to demand it. .

This is weak tea. Time to either look into the crimes of the democrats or shut it down.

Comment

• Now, Donald, as a private citizen may be up against it.

In 2020, motivation to corrupt the democratic process will be highest since Cheney in 04. Probably higher. The next Congress may need to review the oversight process to whatever extent it can. Same for state-level electoral commissions. Neutral third-party observers from a different country would be appropriate.

Comment

• Jeff - those weren't my words. That was part of the link. We'll see about the plausible deniabilty, it is all in the evidence that they have gathered. We know very little from these filings but they do sound like there is corroborated evidence.

Comment

• Dt3abd8WoAA_U6u.jpg:small.jpg

Comment

• Comment

• Yeah, lots of tantalizing tidbits from the Mueller probe....... and Kap, directing, being a part of or encouraging a process crime is a crime. We dont know if that connection has been made between Trump and those already indicted. But, there's enough out there from people who talk about him and speak of how he operates to belive he was neck deep in the shit Flynn and Manafort were involved in with the Russians. Still running his business while campaigning, as Trump rightly claims is not illegal, would seem to be fine ............if it wasn't with Russians closely tied to Putin. That's a really bad look, legal or not, suggesting collusion or not .....it's just not something an intelligent private citizen running for the presidency should do. But, DJT does whatever the fuck he wants to it seems. This behavior apparently against good advice he might be getting from credible sources.

Frankly, I don't have a dog in this fight. Past that, honestly. The Trump presidency has been a soap opera, one worth watching but not getting too caught up in. Where I do have a dog in the fight though is over the question of the survival of a strong nation of laws, freedom and effective democratic process. I think that's in peril. The outcomes, nationally and internationally, of the Trump presidency will have plenty to do with that.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well said, Jeff.

Comment

Working...
                                X