No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe it's time to make the NYT unsigned op/ed an occasional series. Next Up: "I Was Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration"

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      What's insane about this is that we have the clearest case for impeachment of our lifetimes, and the greatest need for it, if we the democratic process and want it to remain relatively uncorrupted, or to reverse the trend of decay.
      based on what?

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

why are white progressives trying to ruin the careers of prominent black men?

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          Maybe it's time to make the NYT unsigned op/ed an occasional series. Next Up: "I Was Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration"

Did the White House give up trying to ID the op-ed writer of a couple months ago? I think it was day two when the WH claimed to have narrowed it down to a handful of possibilities.

I didn't notice anyone missing at the most recent meeting of the National Association of Deep State Operatives. The place was packed, so I suppose I could have overlooked someone.... :^)
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Ha, I forgot about that anonymous Op-Ed. That was 400 news cycles ago.

Comment

• I'd love to see somebody just put the whole damn thing in the past tense, and keep the same self-congratulatory BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

why are white progressives trying to ruin the careers of prominent black men?
                Lost in the sauce again.

Kapture has raged about prominent black men using their agency to express/influence social issues, but draws the line here for the sake of a college QB -- even though as much is at stake as what Josh Allen faced for similar controversy.

Fluid principles are the best.

Comment

• I'm sure Kyler Murray will survive, I'm quite certain of it.

Comment

• tweet.JPG
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• but but but Comey is a lifelong Republican
                      Mueller is a Bush guy

Comment

• I never realized "species-ism" was such a problem.

The animal rights group PETA launched a new campaign Dec. 4 designed to remove some common animal-related idioms from the English language. CBS News reports the group tweeted suggested alterations to phrases it says are verbal vestiges of "speciesism" and perpetuate harmful messages. PETA offers these alternatives: For "bring home the bacon," try "bring home the bagels." "Take the bull by the horns" should be "take the flower by the thorns." And "kill two birds with one stone" morphs into "feed two birds with one scone." PETA likened the use of the original phrases to racist and homophobic language: "Phrases that trivialize cruelty to animals will vanish as more people begin to appreciate animals for who they are." Reaction on social media was swift suggesting PETA should let sleeping bags lie. [CBS News, 12/5/2018]

Comment

• Holy crap

Comment

• Old news Jon

CNN?Verified account @CNN

FollowFollow @CNN

Comment

• I posted that two days ago. There's no payoff - been looking this whole time and have yet to find a bigger knish to fry.

Comment

• Fish have feelings too hack

Comment

Working...
                                X