No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that I might be on board with Bernie's student debt forgiveness program. As long as it is forgiveness and not the taxpayer footing the bill. Not because I feel sorry for Susan Greenhair for being $100,000 in debt with her Gender Studies degree, but because the college cost bubble would be popped spectacularly.
    Last edited by Hannibal; June 27, 2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Last edited by AlabamAlum; June 27, 2019, 02:44 PM.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Agree in principle. But is anyone even working their way through school anymore? It is so expensive that student loans are becoming a form of indentured servitude.

Comment

• AA is correct. Not enough lipstick in the world to make that sow of proposal look good.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The idiots in this state thought I was worthy of academic scholarships for all four of my degrees.

Suckers.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Just have the be less dumb than the other yokels.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• Fair enough. Still, that's a tough path and you still end up pretty deeply in debt. Not $150,000 worth but probably enough to keep you from building any net worth in your 20s. Tuition + room and board + other stuff at Toledo or Bowling Green is still $25,000 per year for in-state residents. I don't know how much of a dent four years of part time minimum wage work puts into that, but I don't think that it is much. Paying it off without a STEM degree probably takes a long time. I know that there are people who do it, but my parents didn't have to. As much as I rag on Generation Y for all kinds of stuff, they are getting a legit raw deal when it comes to career building.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; June 27, 2019, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• you know AA if you put 2 of those 4 associate degrees together you can get a bachelors I bet

Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by AlabamAlum; June 27, 2019, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Fair enough. Still, that's a tough path and you still end up pretty deeply in debt. Not $150,000 worth but probably enough to keep you from building any net worth in your 20s. Tuition + room and board + other stuff at Toledo or Bowling Green is still $25,000 per year for in-state residents. I don't know how much of a dent four years of part time minimum wage work puts into that, but I don't think that it is much. Paying it off without a STEM degree probably takes a long time.
                            You may have to live at home and go to the commuter school. Or have a ton of roommates. And there is no undergrad degree out there that precludes full time work.

Comment

• And you bring up a good point, DSL. Not everyone needs a degree.

You can be a pipe fitter or a welder or a truck driver or a plumber or an electrician or a million other things and make a decent living.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                                you know AA if you put 2 of those 4 associate degrees together you can get a bachelors I bet

Comment

Working...
                                X