Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    S

College tuition has far outpaced inflation, there are different factors but for public schools the main factor is the schools do not get the same amount of funding as it used to...
    LMAO

Comment

• But if the student loan scam implodes spectacularly then suddenly college costs might become reasonable again.

I'll never be for "free" college but if giving Gen Y their college for free is what it takes to stop college costs from outpacing inflation for the 40th fucking year in a row then let them have their free college.

Comment

• Government loans weren't created in the last 10-15 years. If skyrocketing tuition was the logical conclusion of governmental loans it should have started in 1965.

Comment

• Good lord.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Good lord.
            I AM rather good. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
              I'm also seeing that our health care system is broken because it is a 50% Libertarian/50% government solution. Lots of mandates combined with a lack of cost controls. And that since "health care for everyone regardless of your ability to afford it" is now likely accepted and here to stay, the least shitty outcome might be to have Single Payer. But if we get Single Payer, then we need Draconian personal behavior controls to make it work. I have always been for drug decriminalization but that would turn on a dime if we ever get Single Payer. I would be for banning tobacco outright too and taxing the shit out of fat people.
              I have always thought that if the government was truly serious about having a healthy people that you could tie into monetary incentives. Everyone has health care. Right on. However, I think everyone would be required to have a physical once a year. The first year is a baseline. Go back the next year and if you are healthier than the last you get a tax credit or rebate or something like that. Hell, send a check. If you are in worse health (assuming of course you are not battling like say cancer or have been in an accident or something like that) then guess what you have to pay in.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                Government loans weren't created in the last 10-15 years. If skyrocketing tuition was the logical conclusion of governmental loans it should have started in 1965.
                I entered Michigan as an 18yo, in-state Freshman in 1966. While student loans were available, it cost around $425/quarter for 18 credit hours. My parents, probably in the middle to upper portion of the annual income Bell curve could afford it. If I remember correctly, room and board in East Quad was around $900 for a full year - September through May. By the time I graduated the cost per quarter had doubled. Don't remember R&B. By the time my son, who considered Michigan as an undergraduate option (about 28y later), was ready to go to college, out of state tuition was approaching $30K for four quarters. Now, it's around $45K.

The cost curve of a college education isn't linear. It's logarithmic with the largest increases coming in the last 15-20y. But, clearly, costs have risen out of proportion to what actual expenses should be for a college education and part of the blame goes to the availability of easy money from loans with all risks for the banks to issue them covered by the government.

I'm sure there's some data out there that demonstrates the logarithmic character of college tuition costs but, there is no question it's been accelerating for a long period of time and it's likely that one of the main contributors to the astronomical cost of attendance today is increasing amounts of easy money for the schools and for the banks that are issuing loans.

I sort-of agree with Hannibal. If free college tuition for all becomes policy and precipitates the collapse of the present financial aid programs, I'd have to say I'm for it.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• How the hell did Marianne Williamson qualify for this debate?

Comment

• Lol. Some kind of spiritual sorcery.

I think it will be Trump vs Buttigieg in 2020.
                    Debates also told me big shots Beto and Sanders are done. Democrats would do themselves a favor if they trimmed the field to like 8 candidates by next month.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Comment

• First Traitor yucks it up about election meddling. Wonder if he'll have his 3rd meeting with his overlord and no other Americans present, including an interpreter. "Don't help me out again, even if I don't know about it" <nudge nudge wink wink>

President Donald Trump issued a breezy warning to his Russian counterpart Friday against meddling in US elections, laughing and smiling as he told his counterpart not to interfere.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

• STFU
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• everybody raising there hands when asked if they would support full medical coverage for illegals is going to freak out a lot of middle class

pete buttplug vs pence in a VP debate you could almost see it happening

kamala had her moment and accomplished what she needed too--but with her dad a professor, her mom a doctor and moving to montreal at age 12 its hard to see not having the best opportunities going forward.

read somewhere that 95% of americans only work one job

middle America Kansas seems to be doing just fine--everyone is working construction is booming crime is down sales are up
                              job opportunities all over the place

sure diodnt sound like kamala and company thought that last night

Comment

• wiz should have been a mod at that debate last night

Comment

Working...
                                X