No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great game by Rapinoe. Put her in the hyperbaric chamber after dinner tonight.

Comment

• WWC? Jesus.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You can watch the Gold Cup I guess with that motley crue.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

Comment

• If the Sheikh was going to buy them he would have done it by now. The horse has left the barn.

But you are in luck for watching greats, tune in July 2nd to watch former great Phil Neville patrol the sideline against USWNT.

Comment

Comment

• Jeff- A lot of mixed signals right now. If you look at consumer confidence, total employment, and the stock market, things appear to be going great.

If you look at the manufacturing index (at its worst level since 2009), trucking data (significantly lower volume than last year), and the inverted yield curve (over a month now), there are some warning signs. That the Fed is considering lowering rates and that Trump is angrily demanding it should be an indication that people with greater knowledge than the average day trader are troubled by some things they see.

Comment

• Talent- I saw that the Youngstown Vindicator is going out of business. Youngstown now has no local newspaper.

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

• If Ashley was really close to selling they wouldn't be looking at a MLS reject to be replacing Rafa. Newcastle's price tag is fairly cheap for a guy who has billions.

Comment

• You will not shit on my dreams.

Comment

• I'm not Mike Ashley dude.

Comment

• Disagree with Talent. We already have too many who can't pick out South America on a map (or any of the other continents), have no idea who the Axis or Allies were in WWII, think Paris is a country, and that we should keep "only putting pictures presidents on our money!" And that is just this week.

JUCOS have an Associate Degree where a lot of electives are cut out, and we could expand their offerings I suppose, but for a BA/BS or better? I hold to Plato's ideal that education should make for a well-rounded citizenry

I find that there is intrinsic value in many electives. The problem today is many students pick the easiest elective or the one that is the most convenient to their schedule (which is like always picking the easiest workout at the gym). So, if I were your benevolent king, I might trim the choices. Survey of 1970's sit-coms may be cut and things like geography, poltical science, and environmental science might become mandatory.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X