No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile, the Democrat Mayor of NY has explicitly targeted the city's Jews for a crackdown. AOC applauds.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Meanwhile, the Democrat Mayor of NY has explicitly targeted the city's Jews for a crackdown. AOC applauds.
      There's a lot of people, including in the media, that've considered De Blasio's handling of everything to be among the worst of any political leader in the country.

He's not popular. If a credible Dem challenger emerged they could easily beat him.

Comment

• Yes, if I were going to blame NYC on a politcian he'd be front of the line. Actually, there'd be no line. Just him. But, I'm not inclined to do that.

The more important post is the scientific shit.

Comment

• Very good news if immunity lasts for at least a couple seasons

And what's with this curled up in the closet shit? I've been going to work, REAL work, every day since this began. Like. A. Hero. Not sipping wine coolers and eating pizza rolls "working from home" like some jabroni.
          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; April 29, 2020, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Tread lightly, Yalie. Your thinly veiled mockery of our favorite ne'er-do-well hospital administrator is sure to draw the Preston Brooks cane of righteous retribution.

Comment

• ...I see idiocy/lunacy is still ruling the day here...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You don't rule shit. And luna only ruled if he was smacking your dumbass around.

Comment

• I was undefeated against luna. He couldn't stop the run.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ohio death toll jumps the most in one day ever as I assume a big backlog of confirmed cases was just released. Lucas County (Toledo) nudges ahead of Cleveland worst place in the state for fatalities. Possibly because of the closeness to Detroit? Toledo also currently has the second-most people hospitalized in the state.

Comment

Tread lightly, Yalie. Your thinly veiled mockery of our favorite ne'er-do-well hospital administrator is sure to draw the Preston Brooks cane of righteous retribution.
                      AA's biggest challenge is making sure the cafeteria doesn't run out of boiled peanuts or Kraft BBQ sauce.

Comment

• Just for AA....

mcrib.jpg
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

It's not an easy drug to take. So, you're only getting it in a hospital. And I think the data will show that it needs to be taken relatively early. There's probably a point of no return. But, hey, I'm for anything that reduces fatality rate.

In the meantime, I had to convince my wife that going back to work wasn't some sort of death sentence (she's going to have to go to the office 12 hours a week starting next Monday).

There are 11M people in Ohio. Let's assume 60% infection rate to get to herd immunity. That's 6.6M people. Let's assume 1% IFR because that's what folks are saying now, though that could be a high. That's 66,000 deaths. Let's further look at who dies from this thing. For people under 50 you're looking at roughly 5-7%. But, let's say 10%. That's 6,600 deaths in Ohio for people under 50.

But, the campaign of fear will march on, and she's an avid consumer, so my cold rational math won't do much to assuage her anxiety.
                          So take a look at the US population (say 330 million)...60% infection rate is 192 million......1% fatality rate would be 1.92 million....at .5% that is 960k.

At 1% that would be the entire population (based on 2018 estimates) of Phoenix and Laredo, TX

@.5% that would be the entire population of Austin, TX
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• The South has spent generations attempting to imitate what the McDonald Brothers of California first deemed "barbeque" and they just can't get it right. Which is a shame because I imagine they'd like to be known for something other than boiled cornmeal and yellow fever.

Comment

• So take a look at the US population (say 330 million)...60% infection rate is 192 million......1% fatality rate would be 1.92 million....at .5% that is 960k.

At 1% that would be the entire population (based on 2018 estimates) of Phoenix and Laredo, TX

@.5% that would be the entire population of Austin, TX
                              Right. That's a herd immunity situation. That's a 0.58% fatality rate for the country. You can put it in whatever terms you want. I don't really care. But at some you accept those numbers.

The lockdown isn't designed to prevent people from ever getting it. Nor is the lockdown designed to stop everything until there's a vaccine.

The lockdown is designed to make sure we have hospital capacity to deal with those who need it. And I think we're damn close to be there and are there in lots of places.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                The South has spent generations attempting to imitate what the McDonald Brothers of California first deemed "barbeque" and they just can't get it right. Which is a shame because I imagine they'd like to be known for something other than boiled cornmeal and yellow fever.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X