No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Court decided that NYC 2nd Amendment case today. Or more accurately, they decided the case was now moot. Roberts and Kavanaugh sided with the court's liberals, disappointing the NRA and gun rights advocates who were hoping the case would result in an expansion of gun rights.

Alito wrote the dissent.

Comment

• Essentially, NYC wrote an unconstitutional law, got their ass kicked and then rewrote the law/ withdrew it/tried desperately to moot it so the Supreme Court wouldn't issue a 2nd A decision. The dissents really take issue with this "gamesmanship." The majority probably agrees, but the case is moot becaue NYC gave up after getting assjacked.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Mike Dewine giving his instructions for Ohio opening back up. Meh. Pretty underwhelming. Won't affect a lot. Hopefully they will revisit it soon.

Comment

• Honestly, until people feel safe there's a great deal that government is going to do.

Comment

• After the 12th it's mainly the restaurants & bars that'll still be closed. And looks like I'll be massacring my own hair for another few weeks

Comment

• Massacre yourself period
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Don't go away angry...just go away!!!!!

Comment

• In case you haven't heard, Oxford University in the UK probably has a SARS-COV-2 vaccine that will be ready by this fall.

There is no telling how distribution of the vaccine will go down after trials, likely to prove successful, with this novel vaccine. I tried to find out where the money is but it's hard. It appears the UK is doing some of the funding but not all of it. Funding usually requires an agreement by the entity doing the development to provide the vaccine first to the major funders. Oxford is fundamentally a private university so, whatever it develops within it's walls is probably proprietary.

Oxford is mouthing all kinds of indications that it doesn't want to make money off of the vaccine and, while that may be true for Oxford, it is not true for whoever produces it. Guess what, an Indian company has already started manufacturing it -"at their cost and risk," Indians don't take risks without huge pay-offs for doing that. It is in their nature. They are grubby little bastards. Just try doing a deal with any of them.

I could not find out how they got production rights for the vaccine. To produce it requires intimate knowledge of how it is formulated. No indication in any of the sources I looked up disclosed that information. There are plans for production in England, India, China and Europe. The US? Nope. Americans will simply pay through the ass for it and whoever gets distribution rights in the US will charge some egregious amount of money to sell it to whoever ends up giving the inoculations.

This is commentary out my ass. It could very well prove to turn out very differently. But, where money is involved how things turn out is predictible.

Anyway, very good news. But the fact remains, someone is going to make a shit-ton of money on this and it isn't going to be an American company.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• A follow-on ...... you know the guy Dr. Rick Bright? He's the former BARDA director that says he got forced out by the WH. BARDA, along with J&J is heavily involved in vaccine development. The US government has invested billions in SARS-COV-2 vaccine development just recently having tripled the BARDA budget that was big to begin with. So, don't tell me the Trump administration isn't looking at this carefully.

If I'm reading this correctly Moderna, a biotech company, has the most promising vaccine outside the Oxford vaccine; it is a novel biologic that can be easily formulated and mass produced. It's not as far along as the Oxford stuff but, I will bet it gets tested, will probably work, and will come to market about the same time as the Oxford product, production in the hands of the grubby Indians.

Articles I'm finding indicate that multiple vaccines candidates will probably become available, not for mass production yet but in samll-batch quanties in teh million dose range, over the next 4-6 months. How the competition pans out, how global agencies like WHO that are involved in trying to obtain equitable distribution of a vaccine actually have sway remains to be seen.

My bet is that WHO won't influence this in any meaningful way. The time tested line, "Money talks bull-shit walks" applies.... in spades.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• In COVID -19 news ...... Nooooo, "we can't reopen yet, it's too early, it will set us back, we have to stay shuttered or if we do open, I'll set out guidance that will ham-string any business that wants to reopen so I can't be held accountable for doing this."

Remember Rt? If you don't you're not keeping up, so fuck off.

Rt.PNG

You can't interact with the graphic above, so I provided the link below so you can. GA's Rt was 0.79 and among the lowest in the nation as of this morning, 4/27. But Kemp gets pilloried. What Rt indicates is that the virus is not spreading or if you don't get that concept it's fucking contained. Explain to me why officials are still fucking around with reopening the businesses I listed up thread this morning.

Try to keep up with "team talent." And fuck him. He was a simpering ball of hopelessness until Wiz kicked his ass and I gave him the facts to bring him out of that stupor and join TEAM BUCHANAN. Sorry Wiz, no soup for you.

Up-to-date values for Rt — the number to watch to measure COVID spread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        ...... He was a simpering ball of hopelessness until Wiz kicked his ass and I gave him the facts.....

Could you expound upon that in 11,000 words or less, for Talent's benefit you understand.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I've seen you post some mean-spirited things in your day, Jon. And, I take it all in stride while occasionally taking issue with your venomous rambilings. However, that is the single-most malevolent post anyone on this forum has ever made. We've had are disgreements, Jon, but no hateful grudge in human history has ever justified your blatant and callous hatred of mankind. You need to reconsider whether you want to remain a member of this forum and, for that matter, our fair species.

Comment

• Ye hath awoken the beast dubbed "Talento".

I fear for his life.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• RELEASE THE BUCKRAKEN!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by AlabamAlum; April 28, 2020, 07:51 AM.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The main person pushing Stacey Abrams for VP (a bad decision, IMO) appears to be Stacey Abrams

Stacey Abrams, a former Georgia lawmaker and unsuccessful candidate for governor, has been privately calling Democratic powerbrokers, asking them to tell Biden campaign officials that she should be vice president, according to multiple labor leaders familiar with the discussions.

Comment

Working...
                                X