No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent, at this point Trump could simply muse aloud that he was thinking about another 10 trillion in bailout money and the market would have a 5000 point day
    Thank you for obliging me (and Jon, too!) with your whining about market irrationality. It must kill you.

You know, it could be on the news that retail spending set a record increased in May (far exceeding the consistently dire and wrong predictions). Or the steroid treatment news. You know -- it opened huge and then dipped throughout the day, so the gains were from overnight news like, you know, THAT.

But, yeah. All a house of cards. Should be closer to 18000. I get it.

fucking optimists
    Last edited by iam416; June 16, 2020, 02:54 PM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Welp we got at least a handful of posters here that say we're on the verge of a new civil war and there's anarchy all across America. The Woke Left is running the show now and prepare for Marxism.

And another poster just said my steroid news wasn't that big of a deal.

But I'm the pessimist because I say it seems like Carnival Cruise stock might be a touch overheated. Oh really, sir? Really?

Comment

• The lot of you can fuck the fuck off. Except for Alabam"Alum". He can burn in hell.

Comment

• Fuck off ..... I don't do yes or no like you and my wife seem to demand.

Anyway ...... I just drilled down to the age splits on total cases in FL. I can't see it on a daily basis but my presumption is that the 25-44 age group is predominating over the last 5d of rising case numbers and % +s.

In March-April, at the height of COVID impact in FL, the 25-44 cohort wasn't getting it and the 45 - 85+ group was getting hammered. 2 months ago the 45-85 age group probably accounted for at least 60% of total confirmed cases, maybe more. That group also accounted for all the deaths and most of the seriously ill that required hospitalization.

Total cases as of today are 15-44, 54%; 55-85% 41% ........ It appears young people getting COVID since May have moved the total pile of all cases significantly toward that age group**.

**There may be a testing bias that favored vulnerable folks early with more balance across all age groups later.

What doesn't get a lot of press - and I reported this two weeks ago - is that there is evidence that the virus is becoming less lethal by mutation. I would not doubt that if one were looking at the total of lethal cases that conclusion might be confounded by the reality that a younger cohort is getting infected at a much higher rate and accordingly presents for care with only minor symptoms or they don't get any symptoms at all but still sought and obtained a test.

Conclusion: keep on truck'in but install a speed governor on the truck ....... if you don't like a mask now, you'll really hate a ventilator later. Wash your hands, don't touch your face. Avoid crowded, poorly ventilated venues. If you have to go in one, wear a fucking mask.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• This is what happens when leftists control every social media platform. Well, they don't have their tentacles into Facebook....YET. But it's coming.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...n-by-nbc-news/

Rule #1 -- silence anyone who goes against "The Narrative"

Comment

• What doesn't get a lot of press - and I reported this two weeks ago - is that there is evidence that the virus is becoming less lethal by mutation
              I read that report and I think it's still fairly speculative at this point. Don't get me wrong -- the Media loves to speculate if it's BAD. But they're not going to publishing encouraging speculation.

Comment

• FBI arrests two men believed to have murdered a federal security officer in Oakland back on May 29 and attempted to kill another. They aren't Antifa or BLM; one of them's an active Air Force Sgt. He had a homemade gun and both suspects are associated with the Boogaloo movement, a far-right ideology seeking to spark a race war. The same guy killed a cop and shot 4 others in a June 4 ambush.

FEDERAL OFFICER SHOOTING UPDATE: One of the suspects, Steven Carrillo, used "his own blood" to write phrases associated with the Boogaloo movement in one of the cars he allegedly carjacked, the U.S. Attorney said.

Comment

• Can we get a link to all the murders committed by non-white dudes over, say, just the past week? TIA.

Comment

• Facebook is absolutely part of the Woke Left. They were actually an early adopter of the censorship and deplatforming spree that the Left has been on for the past few years. If you don't believe me then try doing a little 13/52 posting there and see how long your account lasts.

Google has gotten pretty good at being sneaky about it. They manipulate search and auto-complete results. Problematic channels mysteriously no longer auto-complete, show up in search results, and/or no longer have their subscribers notified of their new videos.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; June 16, 2020, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• A sudden spike in Coronavirus cases occurred about a week after countrywide mass gatherings. I swear it's the weirdest coincidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        A sudden spike in Coronavirus cases occurred about a week after countrywide mass gatherings. I swear it's the weirdest coincidence.
                        Just to indulge you, I'm not sure the places that are seeing the fastest rise in cases are the same places that had widespread protests or riots, but I could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          FBI arrests two men believed to have murdered a federal security officer in Oakland back on May 29 and attempted to kill another. They aren't Antifa or BLM; one of them's an active Air Force Sgt. He had a homemade gun and both suspects are associated with the Boogaloo movement, a far-right ideology seeking to spark a race war. The same guy killed a cop and shot 4 others in a June 4 ambush.......
                          I made a comment earlier today about the unemployed disaffected creating an environment for anarchy. I should have said they are the tinder for it; the torch is groups like this. I think they are fucking dangerous as hell given the current shit storm US society is dealing with.

I read a whole lot on this crowd years ago. I remember one thing: they are one group of committed dudes that recruit to their ideology of creating chaos for the purpose of establishing different shades of white dominated, authoritarian governments. It's a movement much like that in the Arab world where there is a shared ideology with 100s of terrorist groups coloring it for their own purposes. They are attracted to the writings of Adolph Hitler and his cronies and think the Third Reich that promoted an Aryan race was on the money. They also are fond of others among that ilk like Pol Pot (if only for his ethnic cleansing methods). I suspect some of them have signed on with recognized Islamist terror groups if only to get some good bomb making and killing tools and skills.

The Feds are on to these fucks like stink on shit but that doesn't get talked a lot about for damn good reason. I have no doubt that a good deal of the looting and fire bombings gets started by these dudes and the sheeple from the disaffected and unemployed join in. Part of the plan. None of their leadership is stupid.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Just to indulge you, I'm not sure the places that are seeing the fastest rise in cases are the same places that had widespread protests or riots, but I could be wrong.
                            They had mass gatherings basically everywhere though. Even my 70%-ish Republican Ohio town had a token demonstration in front of the courthouse.

Comment

• BTW, Trump, a "law and order" Republican, could massively benefit from the current situation. I think he knows it. Instead he makes incredibly stupid tweets leaving himself open for characterizations as a racist - and he is one by my definition which is pretty narrow.

His call to take charge of Seattle if the Mayor couldn't handle it may have pumped up his base but was moronic on it's face. His generals have already told him to STFU with additional charges that his idea of the use of the military to subdue protests was unconstitutional - which it is.

But, it might have been a good move for him to make it clear that the use of force by Seattle police for the limited purpose of seeking out and removing Antifa perpetrators of unlawful acts against established authority was lawful to re-establish government control of the neighborhood. He could have provided "guidance" to Seattle's mayor to that effect then, as AA suggested, call the CEO of the power company, tell him this is the President, turn off the fucking power. Then, restrict both foot and vehicle traffic into the area and treat it as a hostage situation until order is restored and the perps are led off, very publicaly, in hand-cuffs.

All he'd then have to do is claim he orchestrated it. He'd get my approval for doing that and from what I can tell from residents, their approval too.

Comment

• So, .. when do the white folks head into this guy's neighborhood to do some looting and burning?

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X