No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read the WB complaint next. I've only skimmed but there's more to this than just the call transcript. The IG Report is out too and I haven't even looked.
    I'll save you the suspense. The IG Report is ALL about the call. ENTIRELY. That's it.

If there are other established facts you'd like to share, please feel free. But this is pretty fucking straight-forward. It's the call.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I understand what talent is talking about but this thing is so effing stupid I'm not sure standing by and doing nothing is an option. When the Inspector General raises the issue and they prevent him from delivering the report to congress it is very hard to ignore.
      If it's so clear then it shouldn't hurt the Ds. It should help. Swing voters have shown a general revulsion to PDJT's bad behavior. If there is a clear as day case to be made then there is no political risk, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

If it's so clear then it shouldn't hurt the Ds. It should help. Swing voters have shown a general revulsion to PDJT's bad behavior. If there is a clear as day case to be made then there is no political risk, IMO.
        I didn't say it was clear.

Comment

• Then I misunderstood this: "but this thing is so effing stupid I'm not sure standing by and doing nothing is an option."

My apologies.

Comment

• I think what froot is saying is do Dems feel secure enough with their base to just drop this entirely and deliver Trump a proper scolding and nothing else.

I will say that the "backlash" Republicans got in impeaching Clinton has been VERY exaggerated in popular culture. Yeah, it destroy Newt Gingrich's career but R's kept Congress and won the Presidency right after. Hannibal alluded to this yesterday. And Clinton was a much more popular President than Trump is, who will get no sympathy from anyone who isn't already 100% in the tank for him.

Comment

• Politically it might hurt them, but I don't think standing by and ignoring the situation is feasible. They would probably rather not have him try to squelch the whistleblower complaint and use the power of the presidency to investigate a rival.

Comment

• Sounds like a slam bam political winner if no who isn't already 100% in the tank for him will care. So, I'm wrong.

Comment

• It might be 57 dimensional chess, who knows. The whole Trump presidency is an exercise in futility of predicting anything. Maybe Trump set a Rube Goldberg deliberate trap to set up the Democrats. The only thing predictable is that he'll hover around 43 percent no matter what.

Comment

• Investigating "rivals" isn't inherently bad. Just as an FYI. I mean, let's be more careful with that. Surely no one here is complaining that Obama's FBI investigated PDJT in 2016. And let's also be clear -- Joe Biden used his position and influence to advocate on behalf of his son. That doesn't change or excuse anything PDJT did. That could be, however, a problem for Joe.

So, with a political slam dunk impeachment and Biden catching collateral damage, it's clear that we're looking at President Warren. And her wealth tax. And her ban on fracking. And her desire to impeach Kavanaugh. And her support of the Green New Deal. And single payer. And...dear fucking god....

Comment

• Talent- So what should the Dems do?

Comment

• IMO, they stay the course. Win in 2020. They're almost there. You'll get your President Warren. I wouldn't take an unnecessary risks. We differ as to existence/degree of those risks.

That's pretty much all I have to say on this. The facts are pretty much undisputed. Certainly the transcript is. I also think it's a virtual certainty the Ds will impeach him and the Senate will not convict.

Anyway, I'd much rather talk the downfall of the M program and HARBAUGH!!!!

Comment

• STAY THE COURSE

Comment

So, with a political slam dunk impeachment and Biden catching collateral damage, it's clear that we're looking at President Warren. And her wealth tax. And her ban on fracking. And her desire to impeach Kavanaugh. And her support of the Green New Deal. And single payer. And...dear fucking god....

Comment

• Staying the course will work out great for Michigan foosball. if not, Gorgeous Borges time

Comment

IMO, they stay the course. Win in 2020. They're almost there. You'll get your President Warren. I wouldn't take an unnecessary risks. We differ as to existence/degree of those risks.

That's pretty much all I have to say on this. The facts are pretty much undisputed. Certainly the transcript is. I also think it's a virtual certainty the Ds will impeach him and the Senate will not convict.

Anyway, I'd much rather talk the downfall of the M program and HARBAUGH!!!!
                                Yeah I don't know about this. To me it's a big deal and hard to ignore. And it's awfully hard for me to accept the freezing of Aid to Ukraine as just an unhappy coincidence. Especially since they can't provide a good explanation for why it happened.

And he still doesn't believe Russia was involved in hacking the DNC. That's what that whole conversation about Crowdstrike and the 'server' was about. That junk is all tied to crash's Seth Rich web of madness. Trump looks like a true believer.

Comment

Working...
                                X