No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey Booker is a lockstep D on immigration: https://corybooker.com/issues/immigration/policy-page/

*Shutdown detention facilities unless they meet certain standards. Overcrowding, of course, would nix those standards.
    *Further eliminate detention facilities in general.
    *Decriminalize illegal entry
    *Expand pathways for asylum and refugees

I mean, that's open borders in practice. Just fucking say it. That is mainstream D policy.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Cody, what people are saying about a recession is based on hard data not unlike what kind of data has preceded a significant economic slow down in the last 50 years. The bottom line, recession or not, if the economy is perceived by voters as not being good, it is going to hurt Trump come November, 2020. Incidentally, the deep data isn't important to the average American. What's important is jobs, the value of their homes and for those that have them, the value of their investment portfolios. It does not require a recession, in fact, to damage those values.
      The tweet I was referring to:
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Comment

• To follow up on that last thing...Pence spokesperson says they may be able to say more in a couple weeks about why his event was cancelled, but claimed it had nothing to do with his health or Trump's health, and didn't involve our national security. So unclear then why the secrecy.

Comment

• Didn't know the Betsy Ross flag was a racist symbol. Woke Nation rules again. I assume this means the Sixers have to change their best uniforms and court design with the circular 13 stars. Just plain racist and disgusting.

Comment

• In honor of Woke America, the #GentryProgs and the Democratic party, I think this time of the year -- our nation's independence celebration -- is the perfect time to itemize how awful the United States is. Sure, cataloging America's deficiency is year-round work, but this time of year it's especially important to call out America's awfulness. It is the #GentryProg Airing of the Grievances. I will start. Of course, there are thousands of way America is awful, so even if I name several there's still plenty left.

1. The Betsy Ross Flag. Horrifically racist.
              2. Asylum seekers DRINKING FROM TOILETS!
              3. The REDSKINS.
              4. Citizenship, the long used tool of RACISTS.
              5. National borders and immigration laws. The nation-state and immigration laws are long-used tool of RACISTS.
              6. The State of Michigan.
              7. The inability of women in all states to kill their baby right up to delivery. PATRIARCHY!
              8. Brett Kavanaugh. #METOO. PATRIARCHY. WHITE PRIVILEGE.
              9. Fabiano Caruana. He mocks the legacy of Morphy.
              10. The failure of the Feds to mandate busing. RACISTS!
              11. The failure to pay athletes of different gender the same regardless of revenues earned. PATRIARCHY!
              12. Teaching that dudes with a cock and balls are dudes. ANTI-LGBQTKULAIAL!
              13. The refusal to adopt reparations. RACISTS!
              14. Conference expansion that involves Rutgers. #ALLHASHTAGS
              15. The marketplace of ideas. RACIST! PATRIARCHY! WHITE PRIVILEGE!

Comment

• #9 was good for a chuckle.

Although, I think you shoulda added "16. Not supplying furniture to detention centers is racist. And if a company fills an order to supply furniture to detention centers, well, that's racist, too."
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ........ and to add to the Dems loathing of America and DSL's hate: Thanks to Democrats, American pride plumbs historic low ahead of the July 4 holiday, new poll finds

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...=mw_latestnews

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Although, I think you shoulda added "16. Not supplying furniture to detention centers is racist. And if a company fills an order to supply furniture to detention centers, well, that's racist, too."
                    My list is nonexhaustive. Add to it as you see fit. #16 is quality.

Comment

• What an interesting creature AOC is. That potent a combination of ignorance, stupidity, dishonesty, and hubris is something that is virtually impossible to find, but when it does show up it tends to be in millennial women. We have reached peak feminism and peak identity politics, and AOC is the product -- a dumb, obnoxious brat who was gifted a seat in government because she is moderately attractive and she checks the appropriate identity politics boxes. She's probably more the vanguard of a growing movement than a one-time phenomenon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        ...That potent a combination of ignorance, stupidity, dishonesty, and hubris is something that is virtually impossible to find....

Except if you look at the current occupant of the White House. To call her the "Trump of the Dems" would be fairly accurate if she were also a thin skinned pathological liar.
                        Last edited by Ghengis Jon; July 3, 2019, 03:08 PM.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          What an interesting creature AOC is. That potent a combination of ignorance, stupidity, dishonesty, and hubris is something that is virtually impossible to find, but when it does show up it tends to be in millennial women. We have reached peak feminism and peak identity politics, and AOC is the product -- a dumb, obnoxious brat who was gifted a seat in government because she is moderately attractive and she checks the appropriate identity politics boxes. She's probably more the vanguard of a growing movement than a one-time phenomenon.
                          If you mean gifted by beating a 10 term rep that was #4 Dem in the House and was thought that one day he would be the next Speaker of the House in the primary. Sure. Her win in the primary was a product of a lot of hard work among the grassroots. It was made possible by the fact that Crowley was very much out of touch with what his district wanted. If you don't put the work to maintain contact with your district for a long time don't be surprised by an upstart takes you out in a primary.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post

Except if you look at the current occupant of the White House. To call her the "Trump of the Dems" would be fairly accurate If she were also a thin skinned pathological liar.
                            I am surprised that Trump hasn't decided that the Republican Party should be branded the Trump party officially,.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Perhaps she should be referred to as AOT.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• So because Mr. Big Brain tweeted THIS this afternoon

Two different federal judges called emergency hearings to ask the DOJ to explain its position. Which led to a poor DOJ lawyer saying this:

"The tweet this morning was the first I had heard of the President's position on this issue, just like the plaintiffs and Your Honor. I do not have a deeper understanding of what that means at this juncture other than what the President has tweeted," Gardner said. "But, obviously, as you can imagine, I am doing my absolute best to figure out what's going on."

The DOJ had told the Plantiffs' lawyers that they were dropping this just yesterday. Wilbur Ross put out an official statement saying they were going ahead printing w/o the citizenship question.

Trump threw them all under the bus because he's worried about what rightwing media figures have been saying about him. Now these DOJ lawyers get to work through the holiday because the judge they faced today has ordered them to either give up or come up with a plan to move forward and produce a discovery schedule by 2 PM this Friday.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...rump-tweet-doj

Comment

Working...
                                X