No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw panic at the disco is playing at staples in a few months. Criminally underrated, imo. Might have to check that one out. Haven't heard any of their songs in over decade tho.

Comment

• Call me old fashioned, but when it comes to music I like my Panic in Detroit more than I like it at the disco.

Comment

• Just saw panic at the disco is playing at staples in a few months. Criminally underrated, imo. Might have to check that one out. Haven't heard any of their songs in over decade tho.
        I saw them in Columbus. Of course, I had to take my daughter and two of her friends. As best I can tell, their fanbase is screaming teenage girls so your opinion on Panic comes entirely as no surprise. I will say the girls loved the show. And it was my daugher's first real fangirl show, so it was pretty cool to see how much she (and her friends) loved it, and I found it otherwise tolerable even though I think I only knew 1 song of the 20 song set.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Also, doesn?t seem to get much run here, but kudos to armed Maryland school employee who stepped up and did his job.
          It's not getting much play in the media either. He's a hero

Comment

• Goddamn right. 60 second response time. Apparently confronted the would-be murderer in such a way that both parties squeezed off shots. That's some real protect and serve shit.

If that asshat in Florida was doing his job -- well, that's on him. That's weight he'll have to carry for the rest of his life.

Comment

• Re the ass-hat in FL (Broward County Sheriff's Department). The Sheriff (head guy) is an elected official. He is responsible for hiring and training sheriff's. What's interesting is that the sheriff that failed to act (the guy that should have been in the building but wasn't) was about two months from retiring and was given what was thought to be an "easy" assignment for his twilight tour.

Most residents would have liked the Governor to have fired the head Sheriff straight away. Talk about an ass-hat. He was back-tracking and evading responsibility from the start.

I looked into this briefly ...... dereliction of duty, which is what would have been alleged in both of these cases, is reviewed by the State Ethics Commission after an investigation. The Commission then makes a recommendation to the Governor and I think there is another over-sight committee that reviews the Commission's findings. i.e., it's hard to fire guys like this in an effort to immediately hold them accountable for their actions.

The Fraternal Order of Police (in the case of Broward County, FL, the International Union of Police Associations) are behind a lot of this kind of thing. It obviously has it's +'s and -'s but in this case the dereliction was so obvious and the outcome of failure to act so egregious (and I believe in both cases) there ought to be some kind of escape clause in the rules. I couldn't find one.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Prepare to see Trump's legal team putting forward dumber, more aggressive arguments. Dowd has quit. Cobb will prob be out soon. Ted Olson turned Trump down. And this DiGenova guy he just hired has been on Fox a lot screaming about Trump being framed

BTW, just 10 days ago Trump pitched a fit and angrily denied that he was unhappy with his lawyers and that the failing New York Times was making up rumors about a shake-up.

Comment

• DiGenova is "a longtime Washington lawyer who has publicly pushed the facts concerning the FBI and Justice Department framing Trump in their push to remove him from office."

that's been the message since day 1
                  the wife represents Campbell the whistle blower from the fbi

Comment

• I will say this

why do I keep flashing back to the Jack Nicholson in a few good men

Comment

• Eagerly awaiting Chump's tweet claiming to be the greatest lawyer in the history of the world and how his legal team begged him to take control. I find it fascinating that a screeching head from Faux News is now one of the lead attorneys for Putin's cock holster. Maybe he'll add Rod Blagojevich to the legal team as additional delusional support.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I flash back to George Rebhorn in My Cousin Vinny

Comment

• For me personally, MCV flashbacks usually involve Marisa Tomei in animal-print leggings.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                            DiGenova is "a longtime Washington lawyer who has publicly pushed the facts concerning the FBI and Justice Department framing Trump in their push to remove him from office."

that's been the message since day 1
                            the wife represents Campbell the whistle blower from the fbi
                            You might want to read up on Mr. Campbell. His claims were bullshit. Of course.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• had to be bullshit, he's still alive. Didn't end up Vince Foster'd.

Comment

• Despite Heightened Fear Of School Shootings, It's Not A Growing Epidemic

Despite the real pain and anger over school shootings, the numbers show such incidents are not increasing. But statistics are cold comfort at a school where it's happened.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X