No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s a good article AA. Thanks for sharing it.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• De nada.

One of the article's points, that multiple 24/7 cable news shows and the internet sites skew our visceral feel for how common these things are. It's the age we live in and I and others have made the same point before. It's amazing how connected we are and how much repetition we are subjected to. For example, on my ipad today alone, I have read the WSJ, the NYT, WP, The New Yorker, and browsed NPR, this forum, Eater, Mensa Research Journal, and HotMILFSinHeat.xxx. 20 years ago, I would have read the local paper and the WSJ. Maybe some other hard copy of something but no where near what I go through now.
      Last edited by AlabamAlum; March 22, 2018, 02:55 PM.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Heck, I remember watching Dan Rather or John Chancellor or whomever and the local news when I had time. Now, I go between a dozen 24/7 on-line news channels whenever the spirit moves me.

Hell, I have seen the video of the woman hit by the self-driving Uber car at least a dozen times.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I wish you had been hit at least a dozen times

oops--wrong thread

Comment

• Crazy crashcourse is trying to act like a tough guy. Actually, he is weak, both mentally and physically, and yet he wishes me harm. He doesn't know me, but he would go down fast and hard, crying all the way. Don't wish people harm, crash!

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Well good God...John Bolton is in. War with Iran, here we come

Comment

• I just want to mention again that in 2005, when the Republicans controlled the Senate with a 55-44 majority, Bush could not get Bolton confirmed as UN representative. He had to appoint him during a recess. Bolton is THAT disliked and viewed as an aggressive warmonger.

EDIT: A bunch of Trumpists bash neocons in general. Bolton might represent the living embodiment of neo-con philosophy more than anyone alive

EDIT2: And being National Security Advisor is a far more powerful position than UN Rep
                  Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 22, 2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Goddamn. What a shit-show.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      Crazy crashcourse is trying to act like a tough guy. Actually, he is weak, both mentally and physically, and yet he wishes me harm. He doesn't know me, but he would go down fast and hard, crying all the way. Don't wish people harm, crash!
                      I don't see why there's ever a reason to get your news from the TV unless it's live coverage.

Comment

• What?

Comment

• US investigators have identified the DNC hacker Guccifer 2.0 to be a Russian Intelligence officer. Guccifer 2.0, despite claiming to be a Romanian hacker interested in 'transparency", has posted nothing and done no hacking since Election Day 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            Goddamn. What a shit-show.
                            Shitshow? Major upgrades at NSA and State

Comment

• LOL
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                What?
                                Exactly that. Media is stupid. TV is the most stupid. I've done enough of it. You hardly need to think at all. As a freelancer though, it's been some easy money at times. If you want to understand the news, turn off the TV and read the higher-quality media.

Comment

Working...
                                X