Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Putin publicly defends his deep-throating puppet on impeachment.

Russian President Vladimir Putin said in his annual news conference Thursday that US President Donald Trump’s impeachment was based on “made-up reasons,” and expressed doubts that Trump will be removed from power.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Pelosi's kidding herself if she thinks holding onto the Articles indefinitely is going to make McConnell budge on anything. I really don't get the strategy there.

Speaking again of Mark Meadows...Around 40 Republicans retired or quit leading up to the midterms. Republicans right now are still retiring and quitting at about a 2 to 1 clip over Democrats. For all their bluster these are pretty good signs that they're pessimistic about taking back the House in 2020, especially when someone like Meadows waves the white flag and decides he's more useful elsewhere.

Comment

• Pelosi's kidding herself if she thinks holding onto the Articles indefinitely is going to make McConnell budge on anything. I really don't get the strategy there.
          It would be one of the silliest exercises in parliamentary nonsense I've seen. There's no way she's going to do that. She knows what the fuck she's doing. She's no amateur.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I really like the idea of making Justin Amash one of the impeachment managers but there's too many egos at play...probably won't happen. Besides making things look more "bipartisan" he's genuinely intelligent and well-spoken. Alas, that spot is destined for the inspiring Jerry Nadler.

Comment

• And I have to say, I don't have much regard for Steny Hoyer but his speech was classy and old school last night. Too bad it was immediately followed by Doug Collins talking as if he had 15,000 heads of cattle to auction off by midnight.

Comment

• Heh. Yeah. LOL. This train was coming from day 1. The "moral courage"/"rule of law" bullshit is almost too much to stomach:

I guess 1 "independent" counts as bipartisan?

IMPEACH THE MOTHERFUCKER.
                Last edited by iam416; December 19, 2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Well your boy Kevin McCarthy keeps saying that the "no" vote was bipartisan...because they secured two Dems. One of whom is changing parties. So yeah, Amash counts as bipartisan. Heh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Pelosi's kidding herself if she thinks holding onto the Articles indefinitely is going to make McConnell budge on anything. I really don't get the strategy there.
                    By holding up the Articles due to her 'concern' about 'fairness' (LOL) isn't she assuming Mr. Schumer's job as well as her own?

She's done her job. Its time for her to hand it over to the Senate, and appoint prosecutors to present their case to the same. Mr. Schumer can address her "fairness" concerns in the Senate. That's his job.

As much as she'd like to, she can't impeach every Republican in Washington. She has to let the voters do that. Its that dang Constitution ... and stuff

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Holding up the articles is a terrible idea. McConnell's not going to give them shit and they'll lose the sympathy of the handful of Republicans who might've been willing to push for Mulvaney or Bolton behind the scenes.

Comment

• "John Dingell was a well-respected man & I consider Debbie a close colleague and friend. To use his name in such a dishonorable manner at last night's rally is unacceptable from anyone, let alone the President of the United States. An apology is due, Mr. President"

-- Rep. Paul Mitchell (R, MI-10)

Good for Mitchell. Seriously. Not a vague disapproval either, directed it to straight to Trump.

Comment

• Well your boy Kevin McCarthy keeps saying that the "no" vote was bipartisan...because they secured two Dems. One of whom is changing parties. So yeah, Amash counts as bipartisan. Heh.
                          Well, I'm in no hurry to defend some of the asshattery from the Rs. This isn't bipartisan. In either direction. This isn't like Pontius Pilate. This isn't like Joan of Arc. This is like an impeachment. That's it. It's an entirely political process. And that's what it is. To that end, this isn't about moral courage or the rule of law. If it were about the rule of law then I presume the articles of impeachment would have cited at least ONE law that was violated.

Comment

• This is purely Trump's fault, holding up 400 billion dollars in aid to try and manufacturer dirt is wrong. He is the problem.

Comment

• If it were about the rule of law then I presume the articles of impeachment would have cited at least ONE law that was violated.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Well, I'm in no hurry to defend some of the asshattery from the Rs. This isn't bipartisan. In either direction. This isn't like Pontius Pilate. This isn't like Joan of Arc. This is like an impeachment. That's it. It's an entirely political process. And that's what it is. To that end, this isn't about moral courage or the rule of law. If it were about the rule of law then I presume the articles of impeachment would have cited at least ONE law that was violated.
                                Right, and likewise, if this is a political process and not a legal proceeding as McConnell keeps saying, then all this talk about Trump's "due process" rights being violated is...hot air

Comment

Working...
                                X