Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
    The Worm Ouroboros! I need to reread Eddison.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• CGVT is feeling a combination of fury at the audacity of the Right Wingers who stormed the capitol and glee at the ones who were hurt and experienced some sort of trauma doing it. I actually can empathize. I have been seeing radical goony violent Leftists do these same things literally for 30 years, so I know those feelings. I would encourage the forum Liberals this morning to try and extrapolate what it must feel like to see the events of yesterday unfold time after time, month after month, year after year, decade after decade, with nothing ever done about it and hardly anyone ever punished.

The perpetrators on the Left have always been treated as heroes and in some cases, given lecturing positions at prominent universities like Bill Ayers. The modern Left was created by hate-filled radicals like Ayers and Saul Alinksy, and all of the forum Liberals voted twice for one of their disciples -- Barack Obama. Academia and government is still loaded with people who did stuff in the 60s and 70s as bad or worse than what you saw yesterday.

In the US, we have a fake holiday called "Kwanza" that was invented by a violent, hate-filled thug who went to prison for brutally torturing two women. But Liberals don't care. He is one of their heroes too.

Conservative speakers who visit college campuses need cadres of bodyguards to protect them from violent Liberals. That's on top of the massive security fees that they have to pay the Universities to allow them to speak.

Yesterday's events constitute about one billionth of what the radical Left has done since the 1960s. It doesn't even scratch the surface of what the Left did last year. There were no innocent motorists pulled from cars and beaten to death yesterday. There were no businesses burned down. There were people who damaged government property while waving American flags (at Democrat riots you see hammer and sickle flags, Che Guevara shirts, Antifa Flags, and sometimes Mexican flags). What a weird phenomenon it is to see an uprising with people waving the American flags and chanting "USA USA".

As a side note, I was told this summer that damaging government property (i.e. vandalizing and tearing down statues) is a totally harmless crime and shouldn't be punished.

Last year was loaded with violent acts from repeat offenders who got slaps on the wrist and fines and bail paid for by bail funds run by rich Liberals. Many of them are actually schoolteachers. I wonder what the reaction will be if nobody from yesterday's events ever serves any real jail time thanks to Right Wing bail funds and sympathetic prosecutors. Of course, we all know that won't happen. They are going to absolutely get the book thrown at them, because we have a two-tiered justice system in the United States. The law simply does not exist for the Left, and that is one of the many things fueling the anger that you saw yesterday.
      Last edited by Hannibal; January 7, 2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• BTW, yesterday's crowd in DC was absolutely massive. I'm guessing somewhere between 100K and 200K

There are a lot of really pissed off, fed up people out there.
        Last edited by Hannibal; January 7, 2021, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• A good reminder of what DSL and Froot's news souces were saying last summer...

ErGzlF9XIAQNwfM?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

• A picture of DC last summer after the Left stormed through it. This is from May 31, 2020

EZZSi9rX0AEIn6p?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

• This is the world that the Democrats created. if you don't like it, look in the fucking mirror.

Comment

• I denounce the storming of the Capitol building but I do find it funny that the people in the media who wouldn’t call the burning of cities and the destruction of government buildings ‘riots’ this summer have no such reservation with labeling the idiocy that unfolded yesterday as “riots”.

Saw a commentator on MSNBC act like race rioting “protesters” this summer were treated with a heavy hand and wondered why the rioters in DC weren’t treated the same. I just screamed at my TV like some lunatic, because -make no mistake- the “pull back and let them do whatever they want” strategy this summer is in large part to blame for yesterday.
                Last edited by AlabamAlum; January 7, 2021, 09:19 AM.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It's almost unfathomable, AA.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• For Hannibal and those who think like him, rightwing violence is always justified because the Left is always seconds away from committing some fresh outrage. Like starting Kwanza. This way he and the rest of the Far Right never needs to own up to any sort of responsibility because all of their actions can always be blamed on The Left. I broke windows at the Capital because of political correctness. Don't you see how I'm justified? I took zipties and a gun into the Capitol because I'm mad that the Left doesn't respect law & order. Can't you see that THEY made me do it? Start on the assumption that everything wrong in society is 100% the fault of the Left (or the media) and that The Left is irredeemably evil and you can justify anything.

Comment

• One of the really guiding principles of the First Amendment is that "viewpoint neutral" laws prohibiting speech can be ok and are examined under less scrutiny than those that prohibit speech based on a viewpoint. So, e.g., the City of Columbus can insittute various requirements for anyone wanting to march or hold a demonstration provided that they are not too onerous AND, most importantly, that the requirements apply equally to all viewpoints.

What is absolutely 100% crystal clear from that past year, is that public protest and attendant rioting is very much assessed on a viewpoint basis. Rioting for some things is ok -- even encouraged. Rioting for other things (or even protesting other things) is despicable.

I don't think that Alabam"Alum" is some sort of nutjob -- well, politically speaking. His CFB fandom is bonkers crazy. It doesn't take any imagination at all to see the glaring double standard. And it's not good.

The folks who stormed the Capital should spend time in jail. Full stop. I don't think they should get a free pass because The Left decided to give thousands upon thousands of criminals a free pass this summer. The Left can do what it wants. I refuse to ever get suckered into saying violent protest is all good because The Left has a preposterous double standard. It's one of the things that separates me from The Left and I'll be damned if I give that up. I'll eat force lightning and hope that one day people with god-damn common sense toss Palpatine into the exploding nuclear core (only to survive, apparently).
                      Last edited by iam416; January 7, 2021, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Start on the assumption that everything wrong in society is 100% the fault of the Left (or the media) and that The Left is irredeemably evil and you can justify anything.
                        The lack of consequences for inciting civil disorder and mass violence is absolutely, positively 100% the fault of the Left in this country, and that is not even remotely debatable. It is openly stoked and encouraged by Liberal politicians and the Liberal media, and it is financially encouraged by rich Liberals who contribute to riot bail funds. You guys own it. 100%. Full stop.

You have long since forfeited any right to complain about the Trumpers doing it.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; January 7, 2021, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          For Hannibal and those who think like him, rightwing violence is always justified because the Left is always seconds away from committing some fresh outrage. Like starting Kwanza. This way he and the rest of the Far Right never needs to own up to any sort of responsibility because all of their actions can always be blamed on The Left. I broke windows at the Capital because of political correctness. Don't you see how I'm justified? I took zipties and a gun into the Capitol because I'm mad that the Left doesn't respect law & order. Can't you see that THEY made me do it? Start on the assumption that everything wrong in society is 100% the fault of the Left (or the media) and that The Left is irredeemably evil and you can justify anything.
                          Well, it's certainly the self-perpetuating MO of both sides.

You've occasionally asked me to say something against or condemn something -- maybe from Hannibal; maybe from kapture; maybe from PDJT. I think I generally obliged, perhaps with lots of spite, but still. You had a poster celebrating someone's death last night. CELEBRATING. I'm just saying, man.

Comment

• I was all for the race rioters being dealt with roughly this summer - put me in charge and see how some kind of Antifa “autonomous zone” would have went down this summer. Likewise, any idiot storming the Capitol yesterday would have had a similar fate.

The hypocrisy on both sides is staggering and is now emboldened by the “if it’s good for the goose” mindset.

Speaking of, I heard a news blurb that 4 died in the riots yesterday. I know of the woman, haven’t heard much on the others - is report of the other 3 apocryphal?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              I was all for the race rioters being dealt with roughly this summer - put me in charge and see how some kind of Antifa “autonomous zone” would have went down this summer. Likewise, any idiot storming the Capitol yesterday would have had a similar fate.

The hypocrisy on both sides is staggering and is now emboldened by the “if it’s good for the goose” mindset.

Speaking of, I heard a news blurb that 4 died in the riots yesterday. I know of the woman, haven’t heard much on the others - is report of the other 3 apocryphal?
                              No, four apparently died. One person was near a flash grenade when it went off and had a heart attack and died. Another fell off all that scaffolding that's been set up for the inauguration. I didn't hear what happened to the 4th.

Comment

• Talent -- I hear you. I don't love it. But my outrage dispenser is broken at this point. The Left obviously does not listen to reason and logic, nor do appeals to law and order mean anything to them. Maybe demonstrating to them that they can't complain about the rules of the game that they wrote will wake them up, but I'm not holding my breath.

You are witnessing the wrath of the awakened Saxon and, as the poem goes, it will not swiftly abate. A very patient bear has been poked way too many times.

Comment

Working...
                                X