No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it is prudent to see the circumstances why shots were fired before jumping to any conclusions. We really don't know.

Regardless, storming the capitol is ridiculous. Especially because he lost, it wasn't stolen he lost. Stop this pretend bullshit where he won, he didn't. Protest all you want but that happens at the gate

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

the big lebowski GIF

It's possible I'm the only person here to have actually been to St. Bonaventure and all the things you clods say about Stalinist architecture is true of St. Bonnie. It looks like the a 1960's high school.
      My wife and I stopped for some reason. The gym was open. Walked on to the same floor once prowled by the great Bob Lanier. It was a fucking awful community college-esque campus that, yes, had a distinct Iron Curtain feel.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        I think it is prudent to see the circumstances why shots were fired before jumping to any conclusions. We really don't know.

Regardless, storming the capitol is ridiculous. Especially because he lost, it wasn't stolen he lost. Stop this pretend bullshit where he won, he didn't. Protest all you want but that happens at the gate
        Nothing to disagree with here.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

My wife and I stopped for some reason. The gym was open. Walked on to the same floor once prowled by the great Bob Lanier. It was a fucking awful community college-esque campus that, yes, had a distinct Iron Curtain feel.
          That's hilarious because I've been to exact same gym and yes everything was unlocked and wide open. I think it was on one of my last trips between Cornell and NE Ohio. I thought, I've driven past this shithole a few dozen times now, why not stop and check it out? Although that same urge never compelled me to stop and check out Alfred University.

Comment

• Well, my mom’s name is Bonnie so it also involves stop at bookstore.

If her name was Saxon we would have hit up Alfred shithole.

Comment

• Alfred U has a statue of Alfred the Great holding a book instead of a sword which I think may be a bit ahistorical.

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• 2 upstate NY regional recommendations

Beef on Weck. The third "W" of BW3 doesn't get enough love. Mainly found around Buffalo and Rochester

Chicken Spiedies. These are found in an even smaller region around Binghamton. I can best describe them as chicken chunks marinated in Italian seasonings and served hoagie style.

Comment

• I remember when BW3 opened in East Lansing, it was glorious. On Fridays you could get 23 oz draft for $1.25. I never knew what weck meant and we rarely ordered food but it was awesome. If I would drink like that in one night now, I would be out of commission for days.
                    Last edited by froot loops; January 6, 2021, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• I’ll buy your first five.

Comment

• You would have two beers left over

Comment

• Josh Hawley just said irregardless. Irregardless? Irregardless.

Not only is he a conspiracy theory believing Trumpster dumbass, he is a dumbass in general.

Irregardless. Fuck me.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            You would have two beers left over
                            Irregardless. Better safe than sorry.

Comment

• It's no coincidence to me that the worst year of civil unrest in my lifetime happened during and after Covid lockdowns and shutdowns. Cutting humans off from each other and shutting down a bunch of businesses that people rely on for their way of life is a great way to foment anger and resentment. People have been driven literally insane by being cooped up in their house, being isolated form their families, communicating only on zoom calls, and walking around seeing everyone with half of their face covered. It's terrible for our society's mental health

Comment

• Merriam-Webster added ‘irregardless’ as a real word earlier this year. Yeah, I hate it, too.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X