No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's his nickname on the tour. It stands for "Fuck I'm good! Just Ask Me!"

He really gagged with a triple on a par 3. :-)
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• And the watch. Don't forget the fucking watch......

Comment

• Nice triple, Phil! And moments later Miggy hits a 3-run homer in the ninth to tie the Red Sox. It's gonna be a good day

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
          That's his nickname on the tour. It stands for "Fuck I'm good! Just Ask Me!"

He really gagged with a triple on a par 3. :-)
          That's really funny. He's such an insufferable prick.

Comment

• Looks like an exciting finish is shaping up.

Comment

• I'm pulling for Kuchar but he shot himself in the foot with that bogey on 16. Now the South African puts his tee shot into the crowd. Watson with 4 straight birdies to grab a share of the lead. It's getting good!

Comment

• What a sot by Bubba!
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That was one for the ages. Nice to see a guy make a great shot to win rather than back in.

Comment

• Was that his wife or his mom that ran up to hug him?

Comment

• mom

Comment

• Yep, that was his mom. Wifey was back home with the baby.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Been offline for a while - thanks Stan!

Comment

• Texas Tech wins Chess NC...
                            And the coach and entire team transfer to another school afterwards.

In reply to:
                            Texas Tech chess coach switches schools, takes entire national championship team with her

Rick Chandler Apr 6, 2012, 2:17 PM EDT

Imagine if John Calipari got an offer from North Carolina that he couldn’t refuse, and switched jobs … taking his entire group of Kentucky underclassmen with him to the Tar Heels. Unheard of in basketball, but in the world of college chess, that’s how they roll. Hours after winning the Final Four National Championship, Texas Tech men’s chess coach Susan Polgar announced that she was leaving that school to take the same post at Webster University in St. Louis … and that she was taking her entire team of seven grandmasters with her.

“The program grew rapidly, and Texas Tech wasn’t ready to grow with the speed of the program,” says Polgar, who founded the program there in 2007. “St. Louis today is the center of chess in America. It just seemed like a perfect fit.”

Her players will also have access to the swanky new Chess Club and Scholastic Center of St. Louis, a 6,000-square-foot shrine to the game that was bankrolled by local businessmen.

So it seems that chess players are subject to many of the lures of their football and basketball counterparts: better facilities and a dedication to winning. Holy crap, I thought you only needed a chess set and a card table. And yes, apparently there are scholarships.

The Tech students transferring to Webster in the fall will receive scholarships. At Tech, the program had a $30,000 pot for the entire team, while some top chess schools can offer individual students that much, the AP reports.

Bonus fact: The chess team at Texas Tech is called the Knight Raiders. Kind of ironic, I’d say.

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/texas-tech-chess-coach-switches-schools-takes-entire-national-championship-team-with-her/
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• ESPN NCAAB - Baylor men's, women's teams face possible NCAA sanctions for impermissible phone calls - Jason King
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                                ESPN NCAAB - Baylor men's, women's teams face possible NCAA sanctions for impermissible phone calls - Jason King
                                Shocking.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X