• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I kinda doubt SS would have let him out on the street unless it was cleared

He was all ready with that bible

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Police did not clear protesters from Lafayette Park for Trump photo op, inspector general finds

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ys/7622478002/

Well, that's strange. The IG report doesn't match at all what was breathlessly reported at the time.
      So they did it for some other reason (to put up a fence) and then he did the photo op.

Also note that the Administration denied and denied that they used tear gas and this IG report acknowledges that they did in fact use it.

In one of the footnotes they say that someone requested the Park Police move up the timeline to clear the park but who that request came from is redacted. The request was ignored, fwiw

No one in the Secret Service was interviewed for this report so it's difficult to know when they became aware Trump wanted to walk to the church and show off his love of Christ.

Comment

• Heh, page 14 has a kind of a funny moment

The Park Police operations commander noticed a change in the crowd, which was yelling more, and then saw AG Barr was walking out with some other White House folks. The AG wanted to know why the crowd hadn't been removed from H street yet and said he thought they would be gone by now. The Commander repeatedly told Barr and the WH crowd to go back inside and it wasn't safe. Before they did, Barr asked the Commander if all the protesters would still be there when POTUS came out? Apparently that was how the Commander was informed that Trump intended to come to the Park. He asked Barr "Are you freaking kidding me??" and walked away. He told the Chief of the Park Police what Barr had said and he also had no clue that Trump was planning to come out.

Comment

• We all know Trump never leaves home without his bible.

I wouldn’t argue it wasn’t a brazen photo up, but the report throws water on the narrative that Trump had the park cleared so he could walk over with his always-in-hand bible. He simply recognized an opportunity for a staged photo-op.

It’s also worth pointing out that the Antifa goons burned a historic church.

Comment

• To the surprise of no one, the CPI was higher than last month and, generally, high. The highest it's been since 2008. It was also higher than predicted by "experts."

This is a pretty good read on inflation from the hated NRO: https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...ation-is-here/

The article argues it's here and you can see it, anecodtally, in big box stores.

As noted, lumber is wildly skewed as are other supply chain items. So, that's hugely problematic and affects inflation. Hopefully, the majority of what we're doing with is, in fact, a supply issue that will self-correct in the near term. However, I think it incredibly foolish not to pay really close attention to this. We've incurred massive debt dealing with Covid and Chairman Joe doesn't want to stop there. The Fed can only hold interest rates at 0 for so long if inflation is actually kicking in. At some point, they have to go
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Lake Mead's water levels hit the lowest they've ever been since the Hoover Dam was built

A crippling drought in the western US is dropping the water level at Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam to a historically low level, putting pressure on the region’s drinking water supply and the dam’s electric capacity.

Comment

• Yeah, they're gonna run out of water. Glad I live in Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Lake Mead's water levels hit the lowest they've ever been since the Hoover Dam was built

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/08/weath...ght/index.html
                  fuckin' Clark Griswold
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Yeah, they're gonna run out of water. Glad I live in Michigan.
                    Some years ago there was a move by several western states, to force the Great Lakes states to send water to them via a pipeline from the Great Lakes. Not sure who Michigan's governor was at the time, but that whole idea got shot down in a hurry. Its probably the one thing that Michigan and our neighboring states could unanimously agree on. Leave our freaking lakes alone.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• At some point in the relatively near future, those general states are going to have to commit to a complete and total water retention program. I don't think you seriously plan on living in the desert without coming up with some sort of comprehensive plan for water. It's utterly baffling that there isn't something like this in place like 20 years ago.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's almost like building huge metropolises and golf courses in the middle of a barren desert was not the wisest course of action.

Comment

It's almost like building huge metropolises and golf courses in the middle of a barren desert was not the wisest course of action.
                          Good point. You have to wonder what the founders of Phoenix were thinking. "Hey, wouldn't this be a great place to build a huge city?"

I can think of better places.

Comment

• But the weather is so nice. It never rains!
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It is a dry heat. 110 degrees, but dry. Bullshit.

Comment

• Yeah .. 'dry heat'. Instead of sweating to death, you roast to death. Big difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X