No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primaries tomorrow in Nebraska & West Virginia. Main source of interest is whether the Trump-endorsed candidates running for Nebraska Governor and in the West Virginia 2nd district will win.

Redistricting cost West Virginia a House seat and the race is between two sitting Congressmen, David McKinley and Alex Mooney. McKinley got on Trump's enemies list by voting for the infrastructure bill and voting to create a Jan 6 Commission. Governor Justice and Joe Manchin have both come out in support of McKinley.

Comment

• Introducing the new White House Press Secretary:

Comment

• Isn't that the same as Trump saying he was the real winner of the 2020 election?
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The rhetoric is the same. I would say Trump and his collection of misfits took their actions to a much greater extreme than Stacey Abrams did.

Comment

• Republicans in Pennsylvania are getting nervous that Trump loyalist and deranged election Truther Doug Mastriano could win the primary for Governor in 8 days. He says he will ban abortion with no exceptions. Not even the life of the mother.

While most of the men have taken stands on cultural issues that reflect national GOP platforms, such as guns and abortion, there are issues they back that are distinct to the Keystone State.

Comment

• Setting aside which one is worse — and I fully agree the DJT stuff is bad. Setting that aside, the voter suppression lie, the Jim Crow lie, the Abrams shit — it’s bad. It’s fully designed to delegitimize election results, and that’s bad.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again — the fraud vs suppression stuff is largely two sides of the same coin almost entirely unsupported by evidence. Certainly unsupported by evidence that establishes meaningful fraud (there’s zero evidence of actual suppression).

Nothing in this post should be contentious, IMO. Yet, I’m sure t is.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• So DSL thinks the Trump stuff is worser than the Abrams stuff.

Comment

• The important thing is that the president’s chief spokesperson believes that a major election in Georgia was stolen by a crooked white man who later threw an even more important election for a dementia patient from the opposing party.

Not to be outdone, the Chief Karen of the federal government’s newly minted Ministry of Truth believes the Hunter Biden laptop story was misinformation. Likely from Russia. Because, of course.

It’s shocking that so few people understand the ramifications of Roe (possibly) being reversed. What, with all the truth and virtuosity and all…

Comment

• When Bill Maher becomes the voice of reason, things are very bad.

Maher said he was surprised at the research he did on abortion in other countries. He said we'd be surprised just how restrictive most European laws are regarding abortion. Good old liberal Europe. He said what they did was they allowed the people to vote, and they made their abortion laws accordingly.

Imagine that.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      So DSL thinks the Trump stuff is worser than the Abrams stuff.
                      It doesn't matter whether you think the Abrams stuff (and voting "rights" stuff) is worse or DSL thinks the DJT stuff is worse. What matters is the right-minded folks recognize both as an overt attempt to discredit and invalidate election results. And that is bad.

Personally, I think the DJT is the worst b/c he had the biggest megaphone, BUT, The Chairman's Jim Crow bullshit which caused MLB to move the All-Star game (to a state w/ MORE restrictive voting rights) is pretty close. He, and the entire Party were screaming from the soapbox. Abrams was bad, but, at the end of the day, it was just Georgia. Now, her hero status in the Party speaks volumes. But, whatever. So long as the Rs nominate Kemp, she's gonna get beat again and maybe this time she won't scream about -- literally -- 1 million suppressed votes.

Again, however you rank them, the point is you ought to acknowledge they're bad efforts to delegitimize elections.

Comment

• Watch this video, with this context -- the people in charge of the country think that "right wing extremists" represent the greatest threat to our country's safety and security, and they are on the record repeatedly saying so. Our Democrat Justice Department has the FBI investigating parents who protest mask mandates at school board meetings and countless Republicans who have committed no crimes have been banned from Twitter, youtube, and Facebook for "hate speech" without even violating those platforms' terms of service. Some Republicans have even somehow ended up on the TSA's "no fly" list.

Comment

• The interesting thing with that video is that it sort of comports with polling -- that young white men are the biggest pro-choice group out there. Whereas, heh, women make up over the majority of the pro-lifers.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            The interesting thing with that video is that it sort of comports with polling -- that young white men are the biggest pro-choice group out there. Whereas, heh, women make up over the majority of the pro-lifers.
                            Minimizing the number of offspring that the "young white men" in that video produce would be a good thing. Unfortunately, that's probably not how that will work out.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                              So DSL thinks the Trump stuff is worser than the Abrams stuff.
                              No, I said the two are both about the same in terms of rhetoric.

In terms of actual actions taken to try and contest/reverse the results of the election, Trump took far more sweeping and extreme measures. And he did so with a much bigger platform than Stacey Abrams could ever hope to have. I don't want to produce a bullet list of everything Trump did between Nov. 6 and Jan 20, and continues to do, so I'll leave it at that.
                              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; May 10, 2022, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• IMO, what makes Abrams antics at the very least equal to DJT's is that she insists that 'race' was a factor in her loss, and that a "racist" Georgia SOS skewed the election results, causing her to lose. And for those reasons, she refuses to concede the election to this day.

Trump supposedly started some sort of 'insurrection' where people with antlers and furs stormed thru the Capitol and took numerous selfies, causing our democracy to teeter on the edge of oblivion. One unarmed protester was shot and killed by an over zealous public servant.

But, that's no big deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X