Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STFU
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
      As you point out, refineries are costly and time intensive. Big Oil only wants to maintain refining capacity, not expand it. Why increase supply and depress prices and profits? We've been at max production for decades.
      Why spend billions on an industry that The Party is hellbent on eliminating. It's not that fucking hard. And to be clear, refining capacity isn't being MAINTAINED. It has DECREASED. And that's a huge problem. If, you know, you buy into that whole "supply/demand" fairy tale of Economics.

But, hey, the answer is to stop price gouging!
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• JIM CROW 2.0!!! JC ON STEROIDS!!! VOTER SUPPRESSION!!! MOVE THE ALL-STAR GAME!!!

...yes...this is what "voter suppression" looks like to Chairman Poopypants...

Attached Files
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          STFU
          XOXOXO
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            Talking to a friend of mine who owns several convenience stores in Cali...he says he has been told to start preparing his pumps to accomodate $10 gas...as most pumps can only accomodate up to $9.99...

...very Y2Kish problem coming...either that or start selling gas by the quart...
            The thing that seems extremely likely to happen is that refineries will start refining more diesel than gasoline because the price incentive is huge. Diesel is so high right now that the price is driving refineries toward that margin. That would, of course, decrease gas supply and, well, drive up prices even further.

As I've said, we have a fixed refinery capacity. It's less than it was in 2019. It's not increasing any time soon. And we have a situation in Europe that ain't helping. Oh, and we have a hugely increased supply of money to push demand.

Comment

• Train.Wreck.On.Steroids.

Apparently 81 million people are getting exactly what they wanted.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think about 60 million or so are getting exactly what they wanted. I think about 20 million or so just didn't want DJT. It was a Zimbabwean election choice for a lot of us.

I used to think it was probably good for the country to experience the effects of The Party's economic incoherence so that we could learn that lesson for a least a few years. But, man, I don't know. I didn't think The Party would be this bad.

The best thing DJT and the Rs had going was that they were almost all bluster. The horrifying thing about The Party is that they aren't bluster--they're actually trying to do shit that is, IMO, awful and the only firewall we have is Manchin-Sinema. That's it. I mean, FFS, if they had passed the $3T "build back better" stuff....JFC....
                Last edited by iam416; May 19, 2022, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• I've read two reports on inflation that mention the huge increase in money supply. One pegged the figure at 41% over the pre-pandemic level and the other was 43%. Clearly the government went way too far with the helicopter money but I wonder how much the pause in loan payments and rent has also figured in.

The pause on student loan repayment has entered its third year and while I'm sure some folks have decided to keep making payments while interest is at 0%, the overwhelming majority are not. Likewise with the moratorium on rent that was eventually struck down. That's a lot of money that people had going toward fixed expenses that was freed up as disposable income that isn't accounted for in the massive spending bills and wouldn't show up in the money supply because it was already there to begin with.

Comment

• Chairman Poopypants should be licking Manchin's nutsack...without him this debacle would have been worse...hard to believe things could be worse than now...but they would be without his gonads...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      I've read two reports on inflation that mention the huge increase in money supply. One pegged the figure at 41% over the pre-pandemic level and the other was 43%. Clearly the government went way too far with the helicopter money but I wonder how much the pause in loan payments and rent has also figured in.

The pause on student loan repayment has entered its third year and while I'm sure some folks have decided to keep making payments while interest is at 0%, the overwhelming majority are not. Likewise with the moratorium on rent that was eventually struck down. That's a lot of money that people had going toward fixed expenses that was freed up as disposable income that isn't accounted for in the massive spending bills and wouldn't show up in the money supply because it was already there to begin with.
                      Wait, you're not suggesting that Federal government policies are playing any role in this are you? I mean, ok -- maybe a trivial role. But, how can you discount Putin and Price Gouging? That's why we are where we are.

Comment

• ...who will the next WH Press Secretary be...Dick Harper???

Attached Files
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• GFC

GREEDY FUCKIN' CORPORATIONS
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Starting to think The Chairman cannot count on Wiznard's vote for reelection

Comment

• The problem The Chairman faces with The Wizard is that the standard work camp exile playbook of the Soviets only works if it's a disincentive. The dude is quartered in the middle of fucking Nebraska slaving over a fryer 12 hours a day. What he wouldn't give to dig ditches in some South Dakota gulag.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Wait, you're not suggesting that Federal government policies are playing any role in this are you? I mean, ok -- maybe a trivial role. But, how can you discount Putin and Price Gouging? That's why we are where we are.
                                The liberals/progressives in federal government think they can solve 100% of the problems faced by everyday Americans when in reality it's far closer to 0%. In fact, one could credibly argue that it is 0%.

Comment

Working...
                                X