No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I propose we not make this personal. I'll acknowledge you are moderate in many ways, and I like that. But please don't propose some sort of parity between the two parties. One is stupid. One is evil. (Geezer)
    Personal? Nah. I just deal in the facts which often get distorted here to fit a specific political objective, especially when posting about complicated subjects like the Federal Reserve Board and what or who is responsible for $6 and 8.6%.

I've made my positions pretty clear here. Yes, I am a moderate. I find the ramblings of DSL, talent and Wiz, despite the questionable history of this tripartite, entertaining.

As for our discourse? Two old men set in their ways that nobody wants to hear us debate much of anything.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• JB is just another spineless RINO...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• so S&P down to 3650 down from 4700 on Jan 1 a 25% drop

at what point do you say fok it and throw all your money back into stocks. have we hit bottom? china taiwan is the only thing stopping me. i dont think biden could tank it anymore

Comment

• I'm your huckleberry
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Attached Files
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
              JB is just another spineless RINO...
              Rhino? Probably because the R Party does not reflect my political beliefs. Spineless? Anyone commenting on Yelp or google that the food you serve in Lincoln is good or your local food inspectors failing to shut down your roach and fly infested dining establishment ..... now that's being spineless.

STFU and get motivated to support the reelect the "ass hat" Trump campaign you moron.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                so S&P down to 3650 down from 4700 on Jan 1 a 25% drop

at what point do you say fok it and throw all your money back into stocks. have we hit bottom? china taiwan is the only thing stopping me. i dont think biden could tank it anymore
                No single individual is responsible for the downturn. That sort of thinking will cloud your judgement and lead to bad decisions.

Wait until after the July Fed meeting. If another 75 basis points rise, then the market will price it in and maybe over react a bit and the bottom will be found. If it's only 50 basis points, then count on another 50 in Sept. Bottom could be anywhere from August into October. This will be a golden opportunity for those with cash to play with. I would split new money in (playing the long) at 50% in index funds and 50% in individual stocks like Disney, P&G, and maybe a undervalued utility. Healthcare is a volatile gamble, but if you pick correctly, us boomers will be giving you a healthy (pun intended) profit.

If you're really conservative with your money, or are nearing retirement, put the cash into money market until Dec. The year's end should bring CD rates to 4.5-5% for 3-5 year terms. Beyond a 5 year term, stocks should outperform. Provided we don't have another "lost decade".
                I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Rhino? Probably because the R Party does not reflect my political beliefs. Spineless? Anyone commenting on Yelp or google that the food you serve in Lincoln is good or your local food inspectors failing to shut down your roach and fly infested dining establishment ..... now that's being spineless.

STFU and get motivated to support the reelect the "ass hat" Trump campaign you moron.
                  Lighten up Francis.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Invest in rice and beans while you can still get them. Throw in some freedom seeds and a good way to plant them.

Comment

• Two days ago mentioned Otero County, New Mexico, where the three County commissioners were refusing to certify the vote. Facing likely removal from office, two of the three backed down and voted to certify yesterday.

The third vote was the "Cowboys For Trump" guy who still refused to certify the vote. Below is how he explained himself because he's been asked repeatedly what evidence he has that the vote was fraudulent.

FVgVUlCUUAElXNh?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Comment

• No big box store has carried any of Lindell's products for over a year now. All of them got together and banned his products for his politics and also his religious beliefs. His products can only be bought online now, and only Fox will carry his commercials. So, a big win for the woke left.

I've never bought any of his products because they cost too much, even at his 'special' prices.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            No big box store has carried any of Lindell's products for over a year now. All of them got together and banned his products for his politics and also his religious beliefs. His products can only be bought online now, and only Fox will carry his commercials. So, a big win for the woke left.

I've never bought any of his products because they cost too much, even at his 'special' prices.
                            Me neither.

Just another example, though, of a company becoming political and losing customers.

The difference being that Disney was operating on other people's money, while Lindell's losses are his alone.

Comment

• The Lindell pillow is shit and as Liney mentioned it’s overpriced. I have no idea if it’s politics or that the thing just increases inventory costs and sales are too weak. With that pillow, I tend to think the latter.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Would someone inform me of the ages that are included in Gen X, Y., and Z? Honest question.

Comment

Working...
                                X