No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fed raised interest rates 1/2 a percent easing their previous multiple 3/4 percent increases over the last several months. The Dow, having a good day, cratered on the announcement dropping over 300 points in a few minutes. Proof positive that the markets are shitty indicators of the economy looking forward. Evidence suggests EU and US economies are going to avoid recessions and if there is one it will be mild and V shaped. Economists have all raised their GDP estimates - not by a lot, but it's not the gloom and doom scenarios they were flirting with this summer.+

If you've been watching China, they are fucked as Xi abandons most of his zero-covid policies. Few of the 1.4 billion Chinese are vaccinated or have natural immunity. Those that have been vaxed got the shit vaccine the Chinese scrimped on with Xi insisting the Chinese didn't need no fucking vaccines since we're going to beat this COVID thing by locking everyone down. Monumentally stupid and its totally understandable, the Chines don't want to get out and go back to work, shop, travel or play. They've had it beat into them - literally - that they are going to die unless they stay locked into their apartments. That's exactly what reports say is happening. despite easing of COVID rules, people are staying inside their homes. China's economy will stumble through the next 18 months - almost a laughable turn of events considering that during the summer of 2020 people were saying the Chicoms let SARS2 out of military labs to hurt western economies.

I don't know how many Chinese clogging the hospitals in China are in need of life saving interventions, my sense is that the sniffles or a cough is sending worried chinamen to clinics, overwhelming them. I also don't know if the Chinese have widespread availability of prophylactic meds designed to reduce severity of COVID once infected. This whole display of incompetence of a centralized administrative state is fun (in a sick sort of way) to watch unfold. The administrator is Xi and his Communist Party gangsters. This isolated group is directing public health policy for a population facing a infectious disease that the state has had more than ample time to prepare for. It's a cluster-fuck on a massive scale that entertaining - if only to accurately depict - no just relearn - how fucked up Communism is. And it's no coincidence that it fully outs trends in democratic countries to centralize power and govern by administrative fiat. Chinese citizens are going to pay the price of Communist party incompetence. The world's economies will also suffer as a result of the world's largest manufacturing country muddling through this self inflicted shitstorm.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Dow, having a good day, cratered on the announcement dropping over 300 points in a few minutes.
      Pretty much becoming the trend in auto-trading - something that's driving the DJIA these days - before the close big point drops are made up. This afternoon, that 300 point drop was erased with he DJIA in the green before dipping back down below it's opening this morning. There's still 30 minutes and lately the last 30 minutes of the trading day has been really active - buy the dips, sell the peaks is written into these auto trading systems that big investors e.g., state retirement systems, among others, use.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Pelosi bodycam footage was shown in court today.

Hammer used to attack Paul Pelosi revealed in court (nypost.com)

Comment

• Good stuff, DSL. I'll be waiting for "explanations" of how this doesn't disprove that Peolois had a homosexual relationship with De Pape and that they had a lover's quarrel. .

Comment

• There's no new information in that link. The bodycam footage hasn't been released to the general public yet.

Comment

• It wasn't released to the public but, IMO, the court testimony by Officer Cagney that is contained in the link was, IMO, exculpatory of these accusations that Paul Pelosi was having a homosexual relationship with De Pape and they had a lover's quarrel.

If you put Cagney's testimony in a time line of previous information that stated Pelosi called the police at some point after he found De Pape having entered his home it becomes difficult to make the alleged case that Paul Pelosi knew De Pape intimately. It's certainly possible I suppose but, IMO, it was a stretch to begin with and its more of a stretch now. Whatever the underlying cause for De Pape's attack - a lurid sexual relationship ending in a spat and a hammer blow to Pelosi's head or the guy is just fucking whacko crazy and wanted to kill Nancy is immaterial. He did the deed.

What I will say is that there's no statements by De Pape's attorney in the pre-trial and he did plead not guilty. Before excluding the lurid tale of De Pape and Paul Pelosi in some kind of relationship that led to De Pape's hammer assault, which Officer Cagney witnessed, I suppose we should wait to hear what De Pape has to say.

Comment

• Here are more links about the hearing. In the second one, the only comment about what defense DePape's lawyers are making seems to be that he simply wanted to break Nancy Pelosi's kneecaps, not kill her, so attempted murder is an unwarranted charge. The judge disagreed.

Update: Paul Pelosi assault suspect David DePape held to answer on all state charges - CBS San Francisco (cbsnews.com)

David DePape case to move forward to trial, judge rules (kron4.com)

The judge's words

“It appears he formed the intent early on to take out anybody who was in his way. Mr. Pelosi got in his way, in particular when he called 911. After the call, (DePape) told (Paul Pelosi) he can take Mr. Pelosi out. He said this not once, but repeatedly. At least 10 times. It’s worth pointing out Mr. DePape’s own statements. He said they are all ‘crazy and we need to take them out.’ He said Mr. Pelosi pushed him in a corner by calling the police. He also said and admitted ‘I have to do something. I have other targets, I can’t be stopped by him. I’m here for the fight. To fight tyranny. If you stop me from going after evil, you will take the punishment instead,’ further confirming his intent. He hit Mr. Pelosi with full force using a substantial weapon. The evidence is sufficient to show Mr. DePape intended to kill Paul Pelosi and did so with premeditation.”

Comment

• I posted earlier about how a long-running Twitter account that tracked Elon’s private jet has now been suspended. Apparently in just the past two days Twitter’s policies have been changed to add a prohibition on posting anyone’s travel plans without their consent, regardless if that information is legal and publicly available. Elon has been trying to get this account removed for a long time. A number of other flight tracking accounts tied to the rich and powerful have been banned also.

In other words Elon is banning legal speech because it’s speech he personally doesn’t like.

Comment

• When did you become a conspiracy theorist?

Comment

• Liberals are now scrutinizing Elon Musk's citizenship application. Democrats suddenly concerned about immigration. LMAO you just can't make this shit up.

Comment

• Keep voting Democrat, everyone.

Fj-WoNeVsAEzU-n?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

It will definitely be stupid.
                          Winner winner, chicken dinner. He's selling gotdamn NFTs. This is fucking embarrassing.

CollectTrumpCards | Donald Trump Digital Trading Card NFTs

Comment

• I wasn't holding my breath for anything interesting but JFC that is genuinely stupid.

Comment

• Only $99? Sold! I'm going to buy one for DSL, one for Talent, and one for CGVT!

Comment

• OMFG. All that's missing is an offer for a free set of steak knives if you act now. Welp, anything that he can do to lower his standing among primary voters is just fine with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X