No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If that's salad, then the main course is simply this: It's not just "policy" that makes for an effective Executive. You also need to be adept at "Leadership". Make decisions- either by conviction or compromise and then make sure that others accept, if not buy into them. Then follow through on them. Biden really sucks at all of that.

Jeff probably would have gotten around to that, but maybe there a limit to the number of characters that can be posted or words like "panoply" or "exculpate" just jam up the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
      If that's salad, then the main course is simply this: It's not just "policy" that makes for an effective Executive. You also need to be adept at "Leadership". Make decisions- either by conviction or compromise and then make sure that others accept, if not buy into them. Then follow through on them. Biden really sucks at all of that.

Jeff probably would have gotten around to that, but maybe there a limit to the number of characters that can be posted or words like "panoply" or "exculpate" just jam up the system.
      Agree to an extent ...... this isn't 1941 and what I mean by this is that FDR had a lot going for him that year. The political atmosphere was a lot better then than it is now.

The Rs tend to show their asses too often failing to flesh out what is good with some of Biden's (and the D's) policies and support those. Instead, if it's Biden's (or Obama's), it's all bad ...... at least that's the public perception. Maybe there's still back room compromise that the press doesn't want to report - recent senate compromise on gun legislation is a case in point.

To me, it's a lot harder for a president to lead these days with the toxic political environment that exists. That's not intended as an excuse for Joe Biden. He is definitely lacking for a number of reasons.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Chairman is held hostage to the left lunatic fringe...that's his problem. He refuses to change policy knowing full well his policies are killing this country. He is going to go down with the ship in order to continue his green idiocy. He told the world during the debates what his policy on oil was going to be. He has done exactly what he said he was going to do and accelerated it 10 fold.

Buh bye Joe. And buh bye to the lunatic left (well many of them anyway) come November.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think you're mostly right, Wiz. Now STFU.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; June 14, 2022, 02:27 PM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Since I'm basically a control freak (most of you here are just that so, don't mock me), I can't do anything about what's going down in Ukraine. However, if what we hear from the Ukrainian side about the death and destruction going on at the hands of the fucking Russians is even half accurate, it's a human tragedy in Europe unsurpassed since the holocaust.

The world is just going to sit buy and say, OK, not our problem? Yes, yes, we're sending money to keep the Ukrainian government operating and arms to keep thier army in the game but in the last two days, I'm hearing nothing but warnings from Zelenski and his people that Ukraine is going to lose if it doesn't get more than the 10% they allege they've received to date from the west.

From a military view[point I can see the problem. I know the numbers and their impact on the battlefield. The Russians have more of most stuff than the Ukrainians, the most important of which right now is artillery tubes. Due to lack of equivalent numbers on the Ukrainian side, counterbattery fires to suppress what the Russians are bringing isn't happening. The net result is turning Ukrainian cities and their civilian populations currently on Putin's must destroy list to dust. No where that the Russians have managed to destroy and to have claimed they now rule have they restored basic services. Places like Mariupol, completely reduced to ruble with tens of thousands dead or forcibly moved to Russia, are experiencing outbreaks of Cholera from rotting dead bodies on the streets. This sort of thing is OK?

Not for me on a humanitarian level its not. Worse is that if Ukraine does not get the arms it needs to push these mother fuckers back, or at least keep them from advancing throughout the entire country, the stage is set for bad actors in the world to do whatever the fuck they want to weaker neighbors. The world order will shift dramatically toward autocrats like Putin who will, going forward if Ukraine collapses as a result of Russian Military victory, command future outcomes ..... and this is a good thing? Fuck that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post

Crash, that's an urban legend that the FBI can trace all explosives. They can trace commercial grade, not consumer grade. Most bomb loonies buy a cannister of reloading powder or break open boxes of shotgun shells. Anyone with internet access can find some pretty impressive explosives recipes on the net that, with a little caution, can be made from household products. Unless you're leaving DNA, fingerprints, or using very unique components, low end IEDs are near impossible to trace.
              yeah your right. It soley appeared to be diversionary tactic -- no one called in the threat though just happened to be accidently discovered at the perfect time drawing attention away from the capital

its been 18 months--cold case now really

Comment

• The Chairman today blamed the Rs for inflation because the Rs didn’t pass BBB. You can’t make this shit up.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post

yeah your right. It soley appeared to be diversionary tactic -- no one called in the threat though just happened to be accidently discovered at the perfect time drawing attention away from the capital

its been 18 months--cold case now really
                  One thing I'm surprised about with the pipe bomber is they apparently lose track of him/her at some point just blocks from the RNC. I thought DC had more security cameras than almost anywhere outside Las Vegas.
                  Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; June 14, 2022, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    Nice word salad.

You had me at Putin.
                    1383239551554.jpg

Poutine?
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      The Chairman today blamed the Rs for inflation because the Rs didn’t pass BBB. You can’t make this shit up.
                      SMH

Telling the oil companies that it was his goal to eliminate fossil fuels had nothing to do with it, eh?

Everybody knows that Joe can't eliminate fossil fuels, and it can't be done any time within the next 15-20 years either. But saying that gives oil investors permission to max out their profit taking "while they can". I don't agree with that, but that's whats going on, IMO.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Peter Navarro is exactly the unjustifiably arrogant prick I always expected him to be. Self-representation continuing to go great.

He's trying to have it both ways. He said he doesn't want to pay for a lawyer, won't accept a public defender either, then whines that the court is not allowing him to take significantly more time than any other defendant. His arraignment is Friday. He requested the judge give him an extra 45 days to prepare for his arraignment! Judge said, uh, no, it's Friday. He also demanded that the Prosecution not be allowed to file motions since he's at a disadvantage in not being lawyer. Judge also said no, buddy, that's not how this works. Either hire a lawyer, allow me to appoint a public defender, or stop whining that you're being "disadvantaged".

Is 5dollarFeminist one of your personal favorites?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

Is 5dollarFeminist one of your personal favorites?
                          That'd be a no. Shared by somehow I follow (don't remember who).

Comment

• Comment

• To reiterate, The Chairman blamed the Rs for inflation because they didn’t pass his $3T boondoggle. I mean….
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Thank God for Joe Manchin.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X