Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FW8jFkbWYAA30fp?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

"There are those who suggest I present to you this woman's ass simply to appeal to your more prurient natures. Nothing could be further from the truth. I present her glistening, sun-baked buttocks, thrusting at you the viewer, in order to educate. I take no pleasure in showing you such filth. But I do regard it as a public service"

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

It's not Ogallala dumbass.

smh
      jfc

XOXOXO
      Ogallala, North Platte, tomato, tomahto.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Ogallala, North Platte, tomato, tomahto.
        Each town in Nebraska may seem like the same cluster of tarpaper shacks gathered around a dying old well, but sophisticated anthropologists have spent years among the clans to discover that each has a unique and preferred barbed wire

barbwire_ad.jpg?resize=650%2C373&ssl=1.jpg

Comment

• May a large clump of cow dung fall upon ye melon.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's peak clownworld.

ed4051641d678d47.jpg
            Last edited by Hannibal; July 6, 2022, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

And if you look at the cross-tabs his WORST approval numbers are one again with the youngest demographic. 18-34 year olds gave him a 28% approval rating. He's at 44% with folks over 55.
              In reality, his numbers aren't actually that bad. As you imply, at least, he's not particularly popular with Ds -- especially Progs. However, it's not like those voters are voting R. They're just voting crazy left. HOWEVER, those numbers also include independents and do, I think, reflect wildly bad numbers for Ds in general in that regard.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

In reality, his numbers aren't actually that bad. As you imply, at least, he's not particularly popular with Ds -- especially Progs. However, it's not like those voters are voting R. They're just voting crazy left. HOWEVER, those numbers also include independents and do, I think, reflect wildly bad numbers for Ds in general in that regard.
                True. I do think a lot of the young demographic was counting on Biden to cancel their college debt. I suspect Joe will do so during the fall campaign.

Comment

• Yeah, exactly, Talent, the D’s don’t like Joe, but it’s not like they are gonna vote for whomever the R’s trot out in the next election.

The question with them is simply will their disgust with Joe get them to stay at home in protest if he decides to run again. He’s already doddering, so I can’t imagine him running - especially with his current popularity. But last I heard, his camp says he plans to - which will be a boon for the R candidate imo (incumbency be damned).
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• He can't announce THIS early he's not running. He'd be a doddering stiff with zero political clout for a full 2 and a half years. Unless he's more delusional and out of it than I think, he'll announce in the winter after the mid-terms. There could be people whispering in his ear that he can do a Clintonian pivot after the mid-terms though and those people should knock it off. He turns 82 in 2024.

On another note I saw an interview with Dem Rep. Ro Kanna yesterday and he said if Biden doesn't run there could be as many as 20 candidates. He didn't full out say it but heavily implied no one is afraid of Harris or will show deference to her.

Comment

• Whenever a guy's approval rating is that low, it includes voters from his own party. But that's not very encouraging for the party in question if history is any indicator. In 2008, when W's approval rating was at its nadir, the Republicans lost the House generic vote by double digits.

Comment

• From today's NR:

ADDENDUM: Our Charlie Cooke is slowly and methodically laying out a glaring problem with “red flag” laws; they don’t do any good if police and family members don’t use them when they’re most clearly needed. Apparently, the Highland Park shooter “had a collection of knives confiscated by police in 2019 after he threatened to ‘kill everyone’ at his house, police said.” Charlie points to at least four potential crimes that the Highland Park shooter could have been charged with; what’s more, the circumstance described seems like a natural situation for involuntary hospitalization for mental-health treatment.

But he was not arrested, charged with any crime, or sent for involuntary mental-health treatment, and no one involved thought to put the confiscation of his knives or threats into the National Instant Check System. And “the suspect legally purchased the rifle used in the attack in Illinois within the past year,” police said.

If parents, in particular, are not willing to use red-flag laws, then what are the chances they will work? Today, there are calls for "rules" that make police automatically flag persons with the shooter's profile. The more rules, the more the chance that a bureaucrat makes the decision to take away 2nd Amendment rights. The trouble is, Progs don't see the right to keep and bear arms as a constitutional right.

Comment

• Anyone else find it interesting that we can now obtain leaked Supreme Court draft decisions but no leaks of Jeffrey Epstein’s client list?

Comment

• To be fair, " who will you vote for" and "do you like Biden or think he's doing a good job?" are two different questions. Been pointed out a bunch of times that in 2016, both candidates had terrible likeability numbers (in contrast to 2008 where both Obama and McCain were positive). But among people who thought both candidates were assholes, 2/3 voted for Trump. The same people then voted close to 2/3 for Biden four years later.

This is why it's easier to initiate a recall than win the recall. It's always tougher to beat "the field" than beat a specific individual. "Replace Biden" is a much more popular idea than "Replace Biden with Trump".

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              Anyone else find it interesting that we can now obtain leaked Supreme Court draft decisions but no leaks of Jeffrey Epstein’s client list?
                              Speaking of that, when John Roberts shut down the Court for the summer. some people thought there might be an update on the investigation. But he didn't mention it at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Speaking of that, when John Roberts shut down the Court for the summer. some people thought there might be an update on the investigation. But he didn't mention it at all.
                                Of course he didn't. There's never going to be one. It's over. Maxwell will get suicided in prison and the client list will be memory-holed, and we'll forever be left to speculate why Bill Gates needed to visit Pedo Island to refine the Windows Operating System.

Comment

Working...
                                X