No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was no better QB in the old USFL than Bobby Hebert.

The Cajun Cannon from Northwestern State University.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Hebert played for the Saints and Falcons, too. Even made a pro bowl one year.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I loved the former Michigan Panthers.

I think some guy named Alfred Taubman owned them.

They came into the old Pontiac Silverdome (home of the vaunted Detroit Lions) and built a championship team in less than 2 seasons. The Detroit Lions haven't had a team even get close to a championship since 1958. The Panthers sold the place out (81K) in the middle of the summer for home games. Anthony Carter also played for the Panthers.

But alas, they stupidly tried to go head to head with the NFL.

Comment

• It wasn't stupid. The object was to (worst case) parallel the NFL or (best case) be folded into the NFL. They counted on the NFL owners to act illegally to bankrupt their league, which the owners happily obliged. The USFL sued in court and won. The idiot jury failed to ask the judge on a critical point of law. Unsure of how much to award the USFL (hey we're jurors, not multimillion dollar owners running a professional sports league), they awarded the USFL $1 in damages, thinking the judge would set a fair and appropriate amount. The judge had no discretion and left it in place. Since the NFL was guilty of anti-trust violations, the damages were trebled to $3. The NFL handed the USFL three crisp one dollar bills and watched them march into bankruptcy court and fold. The NFL owners still laugh about it to this day.
          I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• The ruin of the USFL was the handiwork of a certain genius businessman from Queens

Comment

• A protestor interrupted the Coney Island hot dog contest and got a choke hold from Joey Chestnut for his troubles. The tiny sign he holds up said "Expose Smithfield's Deathstar". So an animal rights/meat protestor? Have no idea what that even means. It did make me discover that Smithfield makes Nathan's hot dogs, didn't know that

Comment

• At least 5 dead, 16 wounded after somebody opened fire at a 4th of July parade in Highland Park, IL. That's a pretty nice suburb north of Evanston. They still don't have the shooter or a motive.

Comment

• Koegel's makes the world's best hot dogs. I'll fistfight anyone who dares to dispute that.

Comment

• Koegel’s sucks. It’s a worse version of Walmart brand.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      Koegel's makes the world's best hot dogs. I'll fistfight anyone who dares to dispute that.
                      Apparently the only place outside of Michigan you can get those are at Meijer. I'll have to look for them. Hebrew National are my usual go-to

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Koegel’s sucks. It’s a worse version of Walmart brand.
                        Any time you wish, you can bring whatever pretender of a hot dog to a blind taste test, and I'll bring my off the rack Koegels hot dogs, and we'll see who is the best.

Bring Nathans, Oscar Meyer, Ballpark, Tony Packo's, whatever. Kogels will stomp them all.

I'll even leave off the Flint's Original Coney Island sauce because if I added that, it would just be unfair.

Comment

• I just want to fistfight!

Comment

• Oh, okay.

Comment

• Speaking of tubular meat products, you can trust me or not, Conecuh Sausage (an Alabama product) is a better sausage than you’ll find anywhere. Grilled original Conecuh is perfection. The snap of the skin, the spice profile, the quality premium pork that is used. I’m surprised it’s not been been expanded to northern locales since y’all are much more into brats and kielbasa than your southern compatriots.

Comment

• Conecuh is good shit.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X