No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update regarding the raid on Trump's residence.

Is the Justice Department TRYING to get Trump re-elected? What are they doing?

All I know is this: They BETTER have found something major in all this. I don't mean Xi's shoe size or a picture of Putin in his underwear. I mean the FBI better have found the smoking gun to end all smoking guns. They better have found something that makes a indictment, a trial, and a conviction a sure thing. Anything short of that, gives Trump all the ammo he needs to go to his followers and say, "See?.. they've been out to get me for years and still they have nothing". If The Chairman and The Party aren't careful, THEY are going to get Trump re-elected.

They couldn't just take their Manchin/Sinema 'win' along with some momentum from the Roe v Wade thing, and use that to stem their losses in November. Nope. They had to throw gasoline on a fire that was almost burned out.

Anything short of a Trump conviction on solid evidence is going to be disasterous for the Prog Left.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Trump probably did not not return all the documents he "accidently" took from the WH. Probably showed somebody who turned him in. Judge issues a probable cause warrant and the FBI retrieved said documents.

The Right will use this for their standard faux outrage, claims of agency 'weaponization', and many rapidfire, delusional outbursts.

This will not get Trump elected. His personality cult will vote for him no matter what. Beyond document recovery, this will be little more than Q-Anon fodder. No one is going to charge him for his stupidity of taking home documents. That's utter baseless paranoia. If it weren't, he would have been charged when then the feds recovered the other 15 boxes of docs. A big fat yawn. No body is going to wake up this morning and say "I'm going to now vote for a disgraced criminal because his house was searched." Just as unlikely as people waking up and saying "I'm no longer going to vote for a disgraced criminal because his house was searched."

I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Was Hillary's home raided? Hunter Biden's? Paul Pelosi's? Nope.

The lesson is clear. If you disagree with the regime...you are a target.

Welcome to Amerika.

It's only just begun.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I have a hard time buying that Garland, Wray, and a judge would do something like this just to recover what's essentially memorabilia: stuff like the Kim Jong "love letters" or some photo with the Queen that should've stayed at the WH. That's something the govt would generally sue to have returned, if the person outright refused, not go get a search warrant to take it back by force.

It almost definitely has something to do with highly classified information and I DO genuinely hope it's big enough to merit all this. But Garland/Wray had to be aware of what the fallout would be from taking this action and wouldn't put themselves square in the crosshairs of fanatics just to prosecute something akin to a parking ticket. Or at least I wouldn't think so.

If I'm the federal judge issuing a search warrant of a former President's home and know my name is going to get out there eventually, I'd want a lot of specifics.

Hopefully they release more info or at least a statement soon.

Comment

• The Constitution, through the Fourth Amendment, protects people from unreasonable searches and seizures by the government. Unless you are a conservative.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              Update regarding the raid on Trump's residence.

Is the Justice Department TRYING to get Trump re-elected? What are they doing?

All I know is this: They BETTER have found something major in all this. I don't mean Xi's shoe size or a picture of Putin in his underwear. I mean the FBI better have found the smoking gun to end all smoking guns. They better have found something that makes a indictment, a trial, and a conviction a sure thing. Anything short of that, gives Trump all the ammo he needs to go to his followers and say, "See?.. they've been out to get me for years and still they have nothing". If The Chairman and The Party aren't careful, THEY are going to get Trump re-elected.

They couldn't just take their Manchin/Sinema 'win' along with some momentum from the Roe v Wade thing, and use that to stem their losses in November. Nope. They had to throw gasoline on a fire that was almost burned out.

Anything short of a Trump conviction on solid evidence is going to be disasterous for the Prog Left.
              I just got home from the coffee shop, and the general feeling among the DeSantis Rs is that this raid makes them more likely to vote for Trump in any primary. They figure only Trump will full-on attack the administrative state.

This is bad for the country on many levels. Liney is right, this needs to result in solid evidence that was unattainable through negotiations with Trump's attorneys..

And there is NO trust that a federal judge, in issuing the warrant, has "probable cause" as his touchstone. Everything is political. It is not unnoticed that the DC field office of the FBI provided the manpower for the raid.

Comment

• We badly need to see the warrant.

Comment

• 30 FBI Agents sent to raid his home?

To borrow a phrase from The Chairman...this is a questionable raid ON STEROIDS!!!
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    I have a hard time buying that Garland, Wray, and a judge would do something like this just to recover what's essentially memorabilia:.
                    Why? What evidence is there that Garland will ever be held accountable for anything? Heck, what example is there that the FBI will ever be held accountable for anything? From Ruby Ridge onward the FBI has operated with less accountability than a Lloyd Carr offensive coordinator.

Garland/Wray had to be aware of what the fallout would be from taking this action and wouldn't put themselves square in the crosshairs of fanatics just to prosecute something akin to a parking ticket. Or at least I wouldn't think so.
                    You might be underestimating the thickness of the bubble that these people live in. The ruling class in the West (not just the US) is badly out of touch with both reality and the needs of the average citizen.

Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

I just got home from the coffee shop, and the general feeling among the DeSantis Rs is that this raid makes them more likely to vote for Trump in any primary. They figure only Trump will full-on attack the administrative state..
                    This actually makes me less likely since he already had his chance.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; August 9, 2022, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Why? What evidence is there that Garland will ever be held accountable for anything? Heck, what example is there that the FBI will ever be held accountable for anything? From Ruby Ridge onward the FBI has operated above with less accountability than a Lloyd Carr offensive coordinator.

You might be underestimating the thickness of the bubble that these people live in. The ruling class in the West (not just the US) is badly out of touch with both reality and the needs of the average citizen.
                      Seconded, Thirded, Fourthed, Fifthed...etc...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

And there is NO trust that a federal judge, in issuing the warrant, has "probable cause" as his touchstone. Everything is political. It is not unnoticed that the DC field office of the FBI provided the manpower for the raid.
                        I do not believe a federal judge, even the biggest political hack in DC, would put their name on this warrant if it were utterly frivolous and intended to recover old White House dinner menus that Trump wanted to keep as souvenirs. I think you're right that we need to see the warrant but I don't think that would typically become public until there's an indictment. They may be able to release Affidavits that were used in support of the warrant though.

As far as using DC field officers that's likely to keep leaks to a minimum. They told the Secret Service they were coming only right before it happened and were in plainclothes when they arrived. It's notable that with all the people involved there were no leaks. Heck, it was Trump himself who broke the news really (other than a random Florida political blogger). And that was after they had already left from my understanding. Unless something came out this morning FBI/DOJ have been mum as far as I'm aware.

Comment

• As someone else mentioned above, the warrant better have some very specific information regarding the materials they were searching for, and those materials better be more than Melania's chocolate chip cookie recipe. There has to be some very serious national security documents that they both were searching for AND FOUND. AND, there needs to be evidence that Trump knew he had the top secret documents, and was refusing to turn them over. They also need to prove that Trump was not keeping the documents secured, and/or threatening to disclose the information publicly.

In the four years that Trump served, I think its safe to say that the Clintons were not his favorite people. He, or his justice department never ordered a search of the Clinton's home, even though Trump told Hillary that she belonged in jail. He never ordered Hunter Biden's home to be searched.

The Justice department needs to be an open book on this, or they've opened a can of worms that they'll regret, and it may help Trump more than hinder him.

Comment

• I'd assume that the search is pretty defensible. I'd assume that the decision-makers knew they'd have to defend it. I find it odd that The Chairman wasn't in the loop on this one. Well, not really.

But, this isn't the IRS targeting some convservative nonprofit the Liberals hate. They can get away with that shit all day (and have). The search of DJT's shit needs to be defensible. I can fathom a lot of incompetence in Government -- A LOT -- but I can't really get to the place where people wouldn't appreciate the need for this thing to be fairly airtight.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Janet Reno thought she had an airtight reason to assault David Koresh's compound too. Those kids didn't have to die.

Comment

• Apparently the judge who may have signed the warrant is a guy named Bruce Reinhart who's a judge in South Florida, not DC. Prepare for this to get nuts though because he's connected to Jeffrey Epstein. He repped several of Epstein's employees. *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X